OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 30]

701OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:02 am

Diana

Welcome craftsrmyluvlanguage! Nice works there! I'm looking forward to seeing you and your creations around. Smile

702OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:53 pm

Lotte

*My belated introduction*

Hello, I've had this account for a little bit and lurked every once in a while- but it's probably a good idea to at least introduce myself Smile
My name is Lotte and I'm from Europe. I recently got my first 1:6 female Kumik head. I'm now looking for information regarding bodies that will work for this head.
My main hobby for many years has been 1/3 sized BJDs (ball jointed dolls), but the size of the BJDs can sometimes be a bit overwhelming and they do take up a lot of space! So I find the small size of 1:6 figures quite refreshing!

Nice to meet you all- and thank you for having me here Smile

703OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:43 pm

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Welcome Lotte. As far as Kumik heads go, you may find it difficult to find an exact match other than an actual Kumik body which I see listed on eBay. Their heads all have a bit of an orange/yellow tint which most other bodies don’t match.

704OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:20 am

BAMComix

Welcome aboard Lotte, I look forward to seeing your future posts Very Happy

705OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:49 am

Lotte

Lotte
Stryker2012 wrote:Welcome Lotte. As far as Kumik heads go, you may find it difficult to find an exact match other than an actual Kumik body which I see listed on eBay. Their heads all have a bit of an orange/yellow tint which most other bodies don’t match.

Thank you! And yes, you're correct that the head has very orange/yellow undertones. I was looking at the JIAOU DOLL bodies since they seem to come in more colour options... but I get so confused about the size/height etc confused confused confused

706OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:49 am

Lotte

Lotte
BAMComix wrote:Welcome aboard Lotte, I look forward to seeing your future posts Very Happy

Thank you so much! Smile

707OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:02 am

Diana

Diana
Welcome Lotte! 
Another factor with the Kumik heads is the connector. I have a couple of Kumik heads and they do not fit Jiaou or TBLeague bodies without modification, though others may be able to advise. Maybe there are adapters? 

I chose to stick to the heads that are compatible with TBLeague. Kumik heads are quite special though so I understand why you went for one. I still plan on making mine fit one day. Smile

See you around!  I love you

708OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:35 pm

Lotte

Lotte
Hello Diana, nice to meet you! Smile I'm starting to feel like the Kumik head I purchased will be difficult to find a body for- I should probably create a thread asking for advice!

709OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:21 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
Lotte wrote:the size of the BJDs can sometimes be a bit overwhelming and they do take up a lot of space! So I find the small size of 1:6 figures quite refreshing!
Hey, check out 1:12 figures Smile (jokes aside, 1:6 offers more variety of pretty much anything, and details are generally better)

Welcome!

710OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:54 pm

Lotte

Lotte
Visisonor wrote:
Lotte wrote:the size of the BJDs can sometimes be a bit overwhelming and they do take up a lot of space! So I find the small size of 1:6 figures quite refreshing!
Hey, check out 1:12 figures Smile (jokes aside, 1:6 offers more variety of pretty much anything, and details are generally better)

Welcome!

Thank you! Very Happy You know what, I actually ordered my first 1/12 figure a week ago- no idea what to expect tho!

711OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:12 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
So many great artists newly joining. I look forward to being able to admire your work soon. Welcome to the forum.

712OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:38 am

Lotte

Lotte
Ephiane wrote:So many great artists newly joining. I look forward to being able to admire your work soon. Welcome to the forum.

Thank you so much- I'm happy to be here Smile

713OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Hello everybody ;) Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:06 am

French

French
I am French and i master the language of Victor Hugo better than that of Sheakspear. Excuse me if I don't write very well in English.
I couldn't find the presentation part, so I'm introducing myself here.

I have been interested in TB League figurines for a long time. They are really pretty and if I come here in the forum, it is to obtain information and see what is being done.
I find certain photo ideas really not bad.

This is the reason for my registration, meeting a community to better exchange and learn about this type of figurine.

714OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:07 am

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Welcome aboard.

715OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:47 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Topic moved/merged and bienvenue!

716OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:36 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Welcome to the forum Very Happy

717OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:55 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Welcome to the madness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 1f10

718OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:32 am

Diana

Diana
Welcome to the forum, French! TBLeague are definitely my first choice for bodies. Smile

719OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:18 am

Urushi

Urushi
Hey everyone,
Another french man here ! Nice to digitally meet you.
I'm a total noob at 1/6 figures, so Please forgive my somewhat ingenuous future questions.

I Recently turned 50, freshly divorced, and decided it was time for me to reconnect with this child who was spending all his spare time inventing stories for his Gi Joes and Star Wars figures long ago. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what I'm talking about. I always wanted to start a collection, but in my old life it was considered childish, so I kept this for myself until today.

I'm am just beginning a collection, entirely focused on Japanese historical, which is my obsession. I'm eyeing on the beautiful Samurais from Coomodel and Pop Costume.

Maybe you can help me in my first steps into this: I have received a TB League Super Flexible female seamless body S44 that I wanted to pair with a Nohime head and kimono from I8Toys. But the head of Nohime won't fit the TB League body. I thought TBleague was pretty standard and I've seen a video on Youtube of someone who was able to put this head on an older TB League body.
Is there a connector that I need to buy ? What sort of would it be ?

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Nohime11

Thanks everyone ! cheers

720OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:11 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Urushi. As far as the connector, just get some plumber’s tape like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Ductwork-Temperature-Insulation-Adhesive/dp/B0B6NDFXPN/ref=sr_1_3?

You won’t need a lot, and wrap it tightly around the neck ball joint u til the socket on the head fits snugly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

721OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:25 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
Hi Urushi and French. Enchanté!

Urushi, there might be something useful in this thread.

722OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:26 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Welcome to OSF!

723OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:59 pm

Urushi

Urushi
@Stryker2012 thank you for the unexpensive tips. I have some at home and I might try it if I don't find a more "official" solution.

@Visisonor Thank you so much. I had seen this thread but I didn't dig further, and it's a shame as the rubber adapters look like a good solution.
It looks like there's a hard one in the head of my TB League, but how do you take it off without risking to damage the head ?

#edit: I tried to order the rubber adapters from Etsy but they don't ship to France... No

724OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:00 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hi Urushi and welcome.

Taller TBLeague bodies have larger ball joints, which are more or less standard for female heads; petite ones like this have smaller ball joints. If you use electrical tape to build additional layers as Stryker2012 suggested, make sure the sticky part does not touch the figure's TPE flesh. Whenever I have an overly wide neck opening (whether due to the internal neck connector/adaptor's socket or due to removing it altogether), I tend to use thin or thick (as appropriate) sheets of foam ("foamies," feuille mousse) to achieve a tighter fit.

Below, the head on the left has had its internal neck connector/adaptor removed and a piece of thick foamie substituted; the head on the right still has its (unusual and overly wide) internal neck connector/adaptor, and a piece of thin foamie lining it:

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Foamie10

Example of use (with no internal neck connector/adaptor) HERE.

Amazon link HERE.

Also, please check forum policies (HERE) and edit your photo(s) accordingly, regarding nudity (you can either crop or censor the image).

725OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:29 pm

Urushi

Urushi
@gubernator Censored ! Sorry, I should have thought about it.
Thank you for another excellent tips.

726OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:03 pm

Diana

Diana
Hello and welcome, Urushi!

I'm glad you already found some great inspiration! The S44 is considered a teenage body type. The clothes for most adult warrior figures will fit the more average sized bodies like the S16 or the S10, which have a connector that will likely match your head. I believe the S18 was advertised as a more Asian type.

You can find a size comparison of the various bodies here:
OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Tbl_co12

(The S44 is the same shape as the S45A depicted in this image.)

727OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:30 pm

Urushi

Urushi
@Diana ohhh ok, I bought the smaller one ! To be honest, I wasn't aware that there were standard and small connectors, so I would have made the mistake anyway.

I also found this useful chart:
https://giantoy.com/blogs/guides/tbleague-phicen-standard-female-figures-comparison-with-photo-body-shape

728OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:51 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
You can also get those female neck adapters from one of the best Asian retailers, onesixthkit:

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=439&search=Neck+adapter+

729OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 29 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:32 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Urushi wrote:@gubernator Censored ! Sorry, I should have thought about it.
Thank you for another excellent tips.
Thank you for understanding!
And you're welcome. The foamie way is convenient and inexpensive. Of course, not the strongest of holds, depending on the particular circumstances.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum