OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Peaches wrote:What does 4 color package mean?  Will there be more skin color choices?

Just the graphic on the box it comes in, I’m afraid.

rollotomasi

I was hoping their next offering would be a replacement for HT WW's body but this is also a welcome figure and what a figure it has!
Will get this for my Marilyn Monroe white dress set.

Lynkhart

‘Fat’

*laughs forever* If this is fat then I’m definitely in beached whale territory! XD
It’s kind of sad that we’re being led to believe that this is considered plus size. :/

Honestly, this is by far the nicest seamless body I’ve ever seen with a figure that looks healthy and realistic instead of the usual exaggerated skinny with big boobs.

http://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.co.uk

skywalkersaga

Agreed, Peaches... flat, or at least, MUCH smaller bust size would open up so many doors for me, and I'm for sure many others who also focus on re-creating specific characters.

And completely with you on that, Lynkhart.... it's ridiculous that it's even remotely considered as such. Though no doubt google translate issues in the title don't help much. Razz

Still, overall very happy about this release, and hopeful it will lead to more variety in general. : )

brassco

brassco
nice...i would like more tummy, and more defined ass...

thks for sharing!

Talon65

While the idea that this body is in anyway "fat" is silly, I do wonder if I'll be able to find any clothes that will actually fit it, if I get one...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Talon65 wrote:While the idea that this body is in anyway "fat" is silly, I do wonder if I'll be able to find any clothes that will actually fit it, if I get one...

I think it will depend on if this body is one of the 'regular' sized ones, or if it's a bit shorter. I'm guessing it's the former, but we'll see....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Always a good day when Phicen announces a new body type! I do kinda wish too that they had pushed a little further in that direction, but a great looking figure none-the-less. I'll definitely have to grab 1 or 2.

ravrohan

Tempted to put that blue monster hunter armor on this, or the strongly muscled body. Decisions, decisions.

Monkey Depot has this preorder under the name "Buxom" far more complimentary I think. Razz

Peaches

Peaches
Well, I found one site that says the figure is 'about 27.8 cm high' if that is the case, it's about the size of the original bodies. That would be too big unless I could get a dark skin color. She'd be a bit big for my Zoe, but the phicen body would make up for it Smile

If she were smaller, she'd be perfect for Kaylee Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:Well, I found one site that says the figure is 'about 27.8 cm high' if that is the case, it's about the size of the original bodies.  That would be too big unless I could get a dark skin color.  She'd be a bit big for my Zoe, but the phicen body would make up for it Smile

If she were smaller, she'd be perfect for Kaylee Smile

Oh man, you’re right — if she were shorter she would make a great Kaylee. Maybe some day...

He who dies with the most toys wins!

body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That height is a tad on the tall side, especially for this type of body. By the way, according to Big Bad Toy Store, this is to be translated as "buxom."

mrhoss

I wonder how well this body would fill out clothes designed for a male figure?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That could indeed work, especially if one is willing to alter clothing for a better fit. I recently managed to make an old Ken doll shirt fit a petite PopToys body, so I'm sure it would be even less altering required for something like this.

That said, it's still a little while yet til this will actually be formally released, so perhaps we might see some 'buxom' clothing becoming available between now and then... ;p

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
me likey. me really likey, and me want. i gotta say, i look forward to this body. i was one of the ones asking for this, and for tbl to deliver this is great news. hopefully they will soon work on some new heads for mass release.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
These are a much needed addition to the line. I hope however that TBLeague hasn't done anything stupid like provide them with smaller sized head and hand/ feet connectors.

I also hope they'll follow through and release some male figures with more average body styles, so that we aren't having to pick from among champion body builders or super hero style bodies for our male characters.

Peaches

Peaches
Amen on the male figures! As a woman, I don't even find those crazy muscles in constant flex attractive! I do believe they are easier to hide unnatural folds in though. The tall basketball guy body is better, though I'd need it regular height.

When someone gets these, please confirm the height Very Happy

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Peaches wrote:Amen on the male figures!  As a woman, I don't even find those crazy muscles in constant flex attractive!  I do believe they are easier to hide unnatural folds in though.  The tall basketball guy body is better, though I'd need it regular height.

When I get around to doing my WWII range, it will focus on the Canadian Army in Sicily and Italy in 1943/44 which means khaki drill uniforms with a lot of short pants and rolled up sleeves. This means I'd like to use TBLeague figures as I don't want to show joints at the elbows and knees if I can avoid it. I need guys with normal builds or just slightly muscular for this. WWII armies were not recruited among body building champs.

Peaches

Peaches
I think "Superhero bodies are getting all the attention, but I'd think you'd get diminishing returns constantly putting out variations of the same body type. Hope they realize it soon!

On another note, I have to wonder when they cover the wrists and ankles, what are they hiding? I'd like to see how they handled those!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Peaches wrote:I think "Superhero bodies are getting all the attention, but I'd think you'd get diminishing returns constantly putting out variations of the same body type.  Hope they realize it soon!

I agree that there's definitely a place for them, and my suspicion is that they are trying to appeal to artists wanting nude muscular figure models, but sooner or later they'll hit that wall of diminishing returns and figure they need to include some normal male body types.

brassco

brassco
body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 2 20180203143076227622

anyone has PL2018-112 The Pro 1/6th Scale Action Figure?

is this using the new buxom body?

if not, maybe this middle age superhero mom can use this new body type instead...since the body suit seems stretchable.

doodlehobby

Stryker2011 wrote:Well, aside from the unfortunate name, I really like these. The problem is going to come with finding clothes that will fit, since everything is made for the unrealistic bodies -- giant boobs and tiny waist. You think it's a pain putting clothes on these things now -- wait till these show up.
The joys of 1/6 hobby collecting. Mixing and matching sets until you get something you like (and wasting a lot of $$$ and time experimenting)... :p

Peaches

Peaches
rollotomasi wrote:I was hoping their next offering would be a replacement for HT WW's body but this is also a welcome figure and what a figure it has!
Will get this for my Marilyn Monroe white dress set.

missed this, but oh yah!  Perfect for a Marilyn Monroe!  Especially in my favorite movie, Some Like It Hot!!  and there is another reason to get a slimmer more normal male body for Jack and Tony!  LOL

Oh yah, @doodlehobby, so true!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
TBLeague (back then Phicen) did try to make a male average body, M31, but that was a mess. Apart from the widespread problems with the wrist pegs (which may have been overcome in later re-releases), and the weird-looking bent elbows, the chest was misshapen and the nipples too high. Obviously not everyone looks like Chris Hemsworth, but these were anatomically rather inaccurate even for non-model bodies. So it is something that they would do well to revisit. And their M33 could use a bit more height without recourse to weird and difficult to use ankle extenders.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Agreed on both counts, GF!

For the time being, if one wants a seamless male body that looks lean and strong, but without looking like a bodybuilder, the M32 is a possibility.

ETA: Peaches, Some Like It Hot is a fave of mine as well! Good taste! Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:For the time being, if one wants a seamless male body that looks lean and strong, but without looking like a bodybuilder, the M32 is a possibility.

Agreed, although it (M32) is a somewhat specific (and supposedly more typically Asian) tightly-muscled type. M33 is also not overly muscular, but still more muscular and defined than something that we might call average. And of course, average is a rather vague concept.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah , I know what you mean re: the M32, but I was thinking if someone was only going to be showing the arms on it (via rolled-up sleeves as TPB was mentioning)... it would at least be a bit more suitable for that than some of the others.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“Average” would probably be similar to the World Box “Dad Bod”. Love-handles, a bit of paunch, and arms and legs that are thicker than the average woman, but not well-defined — though the WB body does have the usual muscle arms and legs.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 2 C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I agree with the sentiment that I'd really like to see a less idealized male body by them. I have a few characters in mind I want to do that most definitely do not have a heroic build.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum