OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Custom/Kitbash: Aurra Sing - Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Episode I)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:SO frustrating about that weirdly-sized Hasbro figure, Stryker.  I have been there and totally get it. :/  Hope you can find a solution for the hands, one way or another. She looks really good as she is, but I do think having those long fingers would certainly enhance the effect.  : )

Looks like I need to work something out for those hands. Wink

PickleMunkey wrote:She looks really good, man! I might like a thinner wire for the head antennae, but she looks great as-is. The elongated hands would definitely make this!

Thanks. I think if I ever revisit the blank head I got, I will definitely give her a thinner antenna.

scalawag wrote:I could do an Aurra Sing, but I have a Hasbro Zam Wesell that I should probably work on first lol.

The Side show Greedo is crazily priced these days.  I paid £300 for mine 2 years ago now.

Paul

I've seen two Greedo's listed recently -- one for $800 and another for just under. THAT. IS. NUTS!!!

doodlehobby

Hope you can figure something out about the hands. Despite that I still think it looks amazing. Smile
Stryker2011 wrote:I've seen two Greedo's listed recently -- one for $800 and another for just under. THAT. IS. NUTS!!!
Yeah, secondary markets, demand and limited quantity always drive up costs. Sad

scalawag

doodlehobby wrote:Hope you can figure something out about the hands. Despite that I still think it looks amazing. Smile
Stryker2011 wrote:I've seen two Greedo's listed recently -- one for $800 and another for just under. THAT. IS. NUTS!!!
Yeah, secondary markets, demand and limited quantity always drive up costs. Sad

I believe that SideShows Greedo run was a total of 1977 pieces, which is kind of cool.

Paul

blackpool

scalawag wrote:

I believe that SideShows Greedo run was a total of 1977 pieces, which is kind of cool.

Paul

That is one veeeery cool detail! I love this kind of subtle tribute!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
While I noticed the elongated fingers on the character when I looked her up, I think you can get away with the hands as is -- at least for now.

ravrohan

I don't think I've ever noticed her fingers to be honest. Interesting.

MerylAkiba

This is AMAZING! I geeked out so much when she was in Phantom Menace. So much detail in your figure.  when she came out as a 3.75' figure I bought the Old school black card and the Clone Wars 3d shades card back versions. I hope she shows up in the Manalorian show. Are you going to make Hondo or Embo from the Clone Wars series?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
MerylAkiba wrote:This is AMAZING! I geeked out so much when she was in Phantom Menace. So much detail in your figure.  when she came out as a 3.75' figure I bought the Old school black card and the Clone Wars 3d shades card back versions. I hope she shows up in the Manalorian show. Are you going to make Hondo or Embo from the Clone Wars series?

Thanks for the compliment. As far as Hondo and Embo... I’m afraid I have no idea who they are, I’ve never actually watched The Clone Wars. I only recently saw images of Aurra Sing and thought she looked cool enough to add to my Jabba display — didn’t really know anything about her, other than pictures (and a lot of those were of cosplayers), and that she was a bounty hunter. I’ll have to Google those other two just to see who they are.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

alien - Custom/Kitbash: Aurra Sing - Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Episode I) - Page 2 C8485110

ravrohan

Hondo is incredibly entertaining to watch, if nothing else Very Happy

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Great job! I've been after one of those white Phicen bodies for ages now, my poor Aurra has been stuck in a draw with loads of new parts waiting for a seamless body.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ahhh, Hondo! Hondo is a Weequay space pirate....and absolutely hilarious. Great character. :'D I have the little 3.75" figures of him and Aurra from the TCW collection.

And yeah.... the Lady Death body really does work surprising well here. Even makes me reconsider possibly using it at some point. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Great job! I've been after one of those white Phicen bodies for ages now, my poor Aurra has been stuck in a draw with loads of new parts waiting for a seamless body.

Thanks, Alex, and good luck in your search for a LD body — I gave up trying to find one loose and just broke down one of the two LD’s that I had (version 1). I was a little dismayed about using this body at first, but with the slightly bigger Hasbro head, I think the beafier muscle body works to balance it out.

alien - Custom/Kitbash: Aurra Sing - Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Episode I) - Page 2 C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Ahhh, Hondo! Hondo is a Weequay space pirate....and absolutely hilarious. Great character. :'D I have the little 3.75" figures of him and Aurra from the TCW collection.

And yeah.... the Lady Death body really does work surprising well here. Even makes me reconsider possibly using it at some point. : )

I think you could get away with using it for Ventress — about the only real detractor is the bust, but with the tight outfit, those can be squished down somewhat.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:

I think you could get away with using it for Ventress — about the only real detractor is the bust, but with the tight outfit, those can be squished down somewhat.

Yeah, definitely! Smile

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
She came out awesome!!!! The head works perfectly, and I think the more muscular body fills out the suit nicely. Super cool man.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:She came out awesome!!!!  The head works perfectly, and I think the more muscular body fills out the suit nicely.  Super cool man.

Thanks, Rev. Appreciate it. The funny thing is, the suit was supposed to go all the way up to her neck, but the bust made it impossible. Worked out great in that regard. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
As for the hands, do you have another pair of white ones? If you do you can just cut the tips off these ones you're using now and super glue the entire length of the other pair's fingers (cut off near their base knuckles) to the now flat tips on these hands. Does she have 6 fingers too? Can't remember.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:As for the hands, do you have another pair of white ones? If you do you can just cut the tips off these ones you're using now and super glue the entire length of the other pair's fingers (cut off near their base knuckles) to the now flat tips on these hands. Does she have 6 fingers too? Can't remember.

That’s a brilliant idea! As far as I can tell she only has five, including a really long thumb.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Aurra looks great, the proportions are just right.
Where is the orange suit from?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:Aurra looks great, the proportions are just right.
Where is the orange suit from?

Thanks.

The orange body suit is one of the old Triad Toys ones that blackpool found loose on Machinegun.fr. It originally looked like this (obviously in orange):

alien - Custom/Kitbash: Aurra Sing - Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Episode I) - Page 2 Extern10

I had to cut off the sleeves, but thanks to the size of the body I used and the... ahh... bust size... I didn't have to do any further cutting to make the neck line. That thing is stretched so taut, I'm amazed it hasn't torn.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
You did a great job with it -- I really love this figure. <3 

Regarding bodysuits, there are some sleeveless ones from VSToys[?] still floating around on ebay. No orange colour, but if someone is feeling adventurous, you could always try painting/dyeing the plain white one.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Oh that's pretty good, I bought Aurra Sing's clothes some years ago for the parts, never really found a complete figure of her but at the same time I stopped looking. I also feel I should at least warn you, It might be because of my climate and because I don't have AC but the my vest's leathery covering pealed off, maybe you will be luckier and able to keep it from doing that tho. 😀👍

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! alien - Custom/Kitbash: Aurra Sing - Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Episode I) - Page 2 1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:It might be because of my climate and because I don't have AC but the my vest's leathery covering pealed off, maybe you will be luckier and able to keep it from doing that tho.  😀👍

Ive been fortunate in that none of my figures have had the issues of many others. My basement Man-Cave is blacked out from sunlight, and has the same ambient temperature and humidity level all year round. It definitely helps to preserve this fragile stuff, that’s for sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum