OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, here is my new (made up) Star Wars character. Not sure if she's finished or not, or maybe she needs more stuff. What does everyone think? More? Less? Sucky? Stupid? Sort of cool?

WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe _dsc3358
WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe _dsc3357

#WIP #KraasaXan #female #bountyhunter #SW #DarthStryker #kitbash

He who dies with the most toys wins!

WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
I have to say.., she looks fantastic Very Happy . I really like the use of the Avatar assault rifle, gives her a real edge. I personally don't think she needs anything more, but in keeping with some Star Wars bounty Hunters maybe a full or half length cape? (I know, I reaching, as I really do think she looks great as is). I like her sculpt a lot, is it a custom sculpt? either way it suits the character a lot bounce bounce

Valiarde

Valiarde
Yeah she looks great imo. Didnt know what to expect when i clicked on the title, but first impression was "wow looks quality"

I like the use of that kier head (and body? Since the color matches so nicely)

Also think she is great as is.

Ovy

Ovy
Ha you can expect absolutely everything when it comes to Star Wars bounty hunters (just look at that crew from ESP or all the other beautiful side characters. Or  @Ephianes beautiful Bounty hunters)

Good job Darth.

-the high boots and heels make her look alienishly tall which works very well for Star Wars
- I guess she is the same species as the grey bald headed Assaj Ventress from the Clones Shows?
- she would totally work with red lightsabers, btw
- armor in Star wars is completely useless anyway if you don't go Mando, so outfit makes perfect sense. But I think she looks like she prefers to work in the cities or space, not dusty mud planets
- immediately recognised that beautiful gun as I have two of these for some reason, haha. I guess it's in star wars traditon to remove (drum) magazines and add rectangular thingies. When I bought it I wondered what this gun is until I found out that it was modified for Avatar  (well I have never been a fan of anything Avatar, really. But all the mechanical designs are beautiful, of course.)

-  I am bad advice when you ask if you could 'add' something to a custom figure, never ending story.  Laughing  Maybe add some Star Wars specific items. Some wrist comlink thingy to contact her customers etc.
-  by removing the drum mag you made that ammo business much more compact. Maybe add some same sized rectangular magazine thingies (like stormtrooper belts) to her waist belt or on a strap on her thigh. Or some chewie like, diagonal ammo belt
-  maybe give her a sidearm and holster
-  or a blade, either a little knife or something more dramatic like a staff or long blade she can carry on her back
-  or give that avatar gun your own touch with...rectangular additons and coney things.
-  put rockets into her heels for rocket boots
- I don't know if she is the jetpack type, but doesn't she have the holes in her back for the wings anyway?
- maybe give her personal appearance and items like a necklace with unique pendant (with a story) or scars, cyborg stuff or a cool personalized belt buckle
- I think a helmet won't make much sense as the hair is already rather very massive. The only thing I would add to the head are a (black) mechanical face mask/breather in the tradition of Star wars props and maybe evil round goggles
- I think she could sport a collar or scarf/shemagh
- maybe add tiny accents of color. I would only use one additional color, I think red, yellow or light blue could fit.
- or just leave it as it is, just my ideas Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like her a lot. In fact infinitely more than the set the head came from. Tough and grim and no-nonsense, despite the revealing outfit, which is a coup in and of itself. And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to spruce up a look with more belts and straps. Smile

A bit of a possibly tattered (p/leather?) cape as Dal suggested might be a good idea, a nod to Star Wars tradition. One thing that intentionally or accidentally tied things together in the Star Wars universe is the reuse of armor/outfit elements. But I don't know if she needs another belt. Maybe if you can get one of those straps that can go around a leg or arm with the flares or whatever they are? The weapon certainly looks very appropriate, perhaps it could bear a bit of weathering with gunmetal grey, oily steel, or a tad of silver dry brush.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I think she looks great, who knows what sort of weird fashion there is in all the planets of star wars, for all we know she's rocking the latest fashion!

As for stuff to add, maybe look for a sash or a side skirt or something similar to that, perhaps a few pouches. As Ovy said gear in star wars is basically whatever, thats why its fun to come up with stuff for it.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe 1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and kind words. I have a Darth Maul dual-bladed lightsaber that I purchased for her originally, but thought maybe that was just... too much Sith... not enough Bounty Hunter. I also have a couple of futuristic "pistols", but I don't have any type of rig (like a dual pistol gunslinger-style) setup that goes with them, or would actually fit a female figure -- almost everything is made for men, and it's all either cheap looking plastic, or canvas -- somehow neither feels right for SW which is mostly leather or hard cases. Still debating, but I like all the suggestions.

WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She looks awesome! Sorry I missed it earlier. I absolutely love the poses and the lighting -- simple but elegant and effective. The all black outfit works surprsingly well with the greyish blue skintone. Very striking figure!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Very striking figure!

Can anyone expect anything else from Darth Stryker!? Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:She looks awesome! Sorry I missed it earlier. I absolutely love the poses and the lighting -- simple but elegant and effective. The all black outfit works surprsingly well with the greyish blue skintone. Very striking figure!

Thanks, sky. Glad you like her.

GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Very striking figure!

Can anyone expect anything else from Darth Stryker!? Smile

WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe 27ad. Laughing

Diana

Diana
She looks amazing!! Now I wish I had waiting for that White Wolf set. Those belts and stuff look fantastic.

She is perfect. Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Diana wrote:She looks amazing!! Now I wish I had waiting for that White Wolf set. Those belts and stuff look fantastic.

She is perfect. Very Happy

Thanks, Diana. I used everything from that set except the vest with the coat tails and the boots (and the head sculpt, of course). It really did seem like the best set for this character once I saw it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, GF. I did that on purpose of course... Razz

And while I thnk it looks great as it is, I do agree that a few more Star Wars-y accessories might help complete the look. Being a bounty hunter, I bet she could use a couple spare weapons and and ammo on her person. Like maybe something slung over her shoulder or back, and/or an additional sidearm. I'm sure you've considered all of this, and Ovy already covered a lot of great suggestions. A cloak or cape of some sort is also quite Star Wars-esque.

It can be quite fun to get some cheap Hasbro Star Wars weapons and 'de-barbie-fy' them with paint and weathering to make them look less fake and plastic. I was able to do a battle droid blaster for an AotC/Clone Wars Padme kitbash that way (sourced from a Forces of Destiny doll).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:LOL, GF. I did that on purpose of course... Razz

I know, although sometimes puns happen organically (those are the best ones), I was just playing off of yours (besides, I am Captain Obvious). Darth Stryker was unimpressed -- at me, not you. Smile But I agree with your comments, and some cheap Hasbro parts may be excellent kitbash material (Mark, do check out Zhukov's Attic for such). To be honest, she already has a very well-balanced look, so I think Mark should probably not overdo it, just one or two items here and there maybe.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:LOL, GF. I did that on purpose of course... Razz

I know, although sometimes puns happen organically (those are the best ones), I was just playing off of yours (besides, I am Captain Obvious). Darth Stryker was unimpressed -- at me, not you. Smile But I agree with your comments, and some cheap Hasbro parts may be excellent kitbash material (Mark, do check out Zhukov's Attic for such). To be honest, she already has a very well-balanced look, so I think Mark should probably not overdo it, just one or two items here and there maybe.

Agreed. Smile

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I think she's absolutely perfect and very impressive, and she displays well like that.  The thing is that, especially as a bounty hunter rather than some official military, she is not confined to some official set of specific gear.  Although we generally do think of SW characters that way, either because we are thinking of specific scenes or because it's what their toy came with.  So especially if you're using her in a photostory, sequentially she could go through a bunch of different gear and you could take all the above suggestions, or none of them.

One above suggestion that appealed to me was a cloak, but I wonder how she would look hooded given the shape effects of Keir's hair cone and braids.  It could look either cool or too weird.  Another thought I had, again in a photostory context or something like that, would be to swap everything on her temporarily to a Heaven Keir body for dramatic contrast, maybe with the back story that her species changes skin color in different atmospheres.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think MBAM makes some very good points.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Agree that she doesn't need to be confined to just one look (though again, her current look is just fine as it is).

And just to clarify -- the suggested cloak doesn't necessarily have to be hooded or long and voluminous, it could just be a cape or scarf type thing.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for all the tips and suggestions. I was just scanning the Zhukov’s site — some cool stuff there, that I may be able to use. And MBAM, I love the idea of her being able to change her appearance like that using the different version of Kier; depending on the cost, I may just do that.

Ephiane

Ephiane
OMG ! I don´t want to mess with her. She don´t looks like a figure, more than a real person. For me this is a believable SW Character, but i´m not the expert. The Poses are also just excellent

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:OMG ! I don´t want to mess with her. She don´t looks like a figure, more than a real person. For me this is a believable SW Character, but i´m not the expert. The Poses are also just excellent

Thanks, Ephi. Glad you like her. She might have to chase down your Twillek thief. Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks, Ephi. Glad you like her. She might have to chase down your Twillek thief. Wink

Actually they would look interesting in a vignette together. Tough bounty hunter vs wily thief.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks, Ephi. Glad you like her. She might have to chase down your Twillek thief. Wink

Actually they would look interesting in a vignette together. Tough bounty hunter vs wily thief.

Indeed.

As far as a hooded cloak -- it really wouldn't work with this head sculpt at all. In fact, the outfit she is wearing has a hood, but as you can see, it's unusable.

WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe _dsc3363

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh yes, no chance of a hood here, unless it is permanently pressed down (visually appropriate) under those braids.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Oh yes, no chance of a hood here, unless it is permanently pressed down (visually appropriate) under those braids.

WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe Mhna0710
WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe Img_9910

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum