OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars Hasbro Black Series 6 inch Bounty Hunters (updated)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Excellent review! While I am still struggling to get into collecting Black Series 6 inch figures at this point, I have to say these look very nice for what they are. Not to mention your photos and poses are extremely illustrative and helpful, especially in giving an idea of how they all look together. Thanks so much for this! Smile

Thank you (and you're welcome). I'm very glad you liked the review and photos, and that you found them helpful.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
At the suggestion of PickleMunkey, I went for the 1/12-scale MG3 gun to customize as a more accurate version of Dengar's weapon. Then I painted it to look more realistic. Then I painted the weapons of all the others (except Boba Fett, who is sitting this one out). Then I remembered scalawag's reasonable disappointment with how "golden" IG-88 was in this, his second Black Series iteration, so I repainted him too, and spruced up a few other details here and there... so here's the pack now, thinking they're on the red carpet, and then insisting to go on a pointless mission in the yard... err... the planet Tarudan...

6inch - Star Wars Hasbro Black Series 6 inch Bounty Hunters (updated) - Page 2 Swbhbs19

6inch - Star Wars Hasbro Black Series 6 inch Bounty Hunters (updated) - Page 2 Swbhbs20

6inch - Star Wars Hasbro Black Series 6 inch Bounty Hunters (updated) - Page 2 Swbhbs21

6inch - Star Wars Hasbro Black Series 6 inch Bounty Hunters (updated) - Page 2 Swbhbs22

6inch - Star Wars Hasbro Black Series 6 inch Bounty Hunters (updated) - Page 2 Swbhbs23

6inch - Star Wars Hasbro Black Series 6 inch Bounty Hunters (updated) - Page 2 Swbhbs24

What do you think?

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
NICE! Very funny “A false lead...” They all look pretty good out there in the yard... I mean on Tarudan.

scalawag

Great figures that now look even better in my opinion mate.

I really like how IG-88 now looks, and the work on the weapons really improves them too.

The photoshoot is funny too, I love it.

Paul

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Aw man, nice! They all look great together, really love the improvements, too. Glad the MG worked out for you!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:NICE! Very funny “A false lead...” They all look pretty good out there in the yard... I mean on Tarudan.

Glad you caught this! And that you liked it. Smile

scalawag wrote:Great figures that now look even better in my opinion mate. I really like how IG-88 now looks, and the work on the weapons really improves them too. The photoshoot is funny too, I love it.

Thank you Paul! I also think it is an improvement, and IG-88 seems about right. Acrylics are not completely opaque, so I think there is still a hint of the oily look they were going for (not least because I was mixing in "oily steel" with the other colors) but without making it as overwhelming as the Archive Series figure.

PickleMunkey wrote:Aw man, nice! They all look great together, really love the improvements, too. Glad the MG worked out for you!

Thank you, and thank you again for the suggestion. I think it worked out very well -- simple to put together and a good match looks-wise.

I'm glad you guys thought they looked fine in the yard... err... Tarudan. It was a somewhat annoying experience. It had been nice and sunny all day, except when I finally got around to taking them out for the shoot. Also, despite the terracing, it was hard to shoot without catching the side of the house (of course, I should have gone one terrace down with the figures, which might have helped). The colorful pebbles look neat, but I think they are a little distracting as a background. Then again, colorful pebbles this size (for 1:12 scale) might help make this look a little more alien as an environment. And then there was wind. I don't know how many times figures toppled over, even when I found reasonably flat stones for them to stand on. There was also a big fat black bee (or drone?) that investigated Bossk pretty closely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum