OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

blackpool

blackpool
Another side of my collection, and in fact the only way I found to avoid collecting the star wars franchise from hot toys Razz

It's definitely not the same level of detail or paint quality but I'm still surprised by the overall quality of hasbro figures compared to my childhood's super heroes or joes...

Here are a few shots, hope you'll like!

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) DSC_0023

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) Sw%20011

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) Sw%20008

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) Sw%20014

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) Sw%20013

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) IMG_1887

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) IMG_1401

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) IMG_1543

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) FFXQ1724

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) IMG_1850

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) IMG_1545

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) IMG_2461

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I have been collecting some of these, too, in addition to some of the HT ones (well, quite a lot in both cases, but I am not a completist -- who can afford to be, and I've gone over-budget anyway). And I see you have invested in some of the cool Death Star backgrounds. The scenes and photography (and photo shop special effects) are awesome as usual. Thanks for sharing!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really nice collection. The non-humans look pretty good even at that scale. not seeing a big difference with those from the 1/6th. Great shots.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Haha, group-faceapp? I really think we should start a faceapp thread.
Great FX and lighting, especially the Droids/fully armoured dudes.

Another side of my collection, and in fact the only way
I found to avoid collecting the star wars franchise from hot toys Razz
Ye I do the same, but with the Bandai 1/12 troopers and bobas (found them when Gubernator recommended a Hasbro/Bandai 1/6 mix). Saved me a lot of money.

Peaches

Peaches
Love the collection, but the last group shot with everyone smiling busted me up!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Very nice!

I have a few Figuarts myself. I had a Mafex Vader but replaced him with the BS, so much better. The BS is the only Vader that looks like Dave Prowse is in there.

If I had more room and figures I'd love to do stuff like that

CHEERS!

blackpool

blackpool
GubernatorFan wrote:I have been collecting some of these, too, in addition to some of the HT ones (well, quite a lot in both cases, but I am not a completist -- who can afford to be, and I've gone over-budget anyway). And I see you have invested in some of the cool Death Star backgrounds. The scenes and photography (and photo shop special effects) are awesome as usual. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks a lot GF§ I try to stay away from 1/6th starwars cause even if not a completist either I have already so many lines of figures that I started and never finished, the 1/12 scale sounded like a good compromise (on the money aspect at least lmao)

I invested once in the GTP death star walls, while I don't regret the product itself, it's really overpriced, and I had a really bad experience with the seller on a second purchase that I cancelled in the end after 8 months of "shipping tomorrow" messages, so never again for me!

Stryker2011 wrote:Really nice collection. The non-humans look pretty good even at that scale. not seeing a big difference with those from the 1/6th. Great shots.

Thanks Stryker! I mix black series with other brands, I find bandai kits much better for all droids or fully armored troopers, all my stormies are from bandai, I prefer their glossy armor, much more screen accurate

Ovy wrote:Haha, group-faceapp? I really  think we should start a faceapp thread.
Great FX and lighting, especially the Droids/fully armoured dudes.
Ye I do the same, but with the Bandai 1/12 troopers and bobas (found them when Gubernator recommended a Hasbro/Bandai 1/6 mix). Saved me a lot of money.

haha that would be hilarious! Thanks for the kind words Ovy, I actually have some bandai models as well, the weapons and some details are better on these. I also have a very few figuarts, but I find them a bit expensive, even more now that hasbro upgraded their paint applications.

Peaches wrote:Love the collection, but the last group shot with everyone smiling busted me up!

Thanks a lot Peaches! I made a few "backstage" pictures when I found back actual stage pictures of the crew having fun on set

Rogerbee wrote:
Very nice!

I have a few Figuarts myself. I had a Mafex Vader but replaced him with the BS, so much better. The BS is the only Vader that looks like Dave Prowse is in there.

If I had more room and figures I'd love to do stuff like that

CHEERS!

Thanks! I wish I had more room too in order to build small dioramas, I've seen so many insanely cool cantina or jabba's palace dioramas, that's something I'd love to get into!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Ron Hembling on FB does some really nice dios with Star Wars stuff. Should really invite him to join us now we have a section.

CHEERS!

Adeno

Just sharing something I made last  year with Star Wars toys lol!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Funny, but, at the same time, it creeps me out! They're ALIVE!!

CHEERS!

Peaches

Peaches
OK, how'd ya do dat, @Adeno???!!!  LOL. I would love to have a way to take my figures and give them different expressions! Divulge your knowledge, Adeno!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Creepy weird, Adeno.

Please don’t tell me there’s a love thing going on between these two in the movie. I only made it half way through Last Jedi and had to turn it off.

Adeno

Rogerbee wrote:Funny, but, at the same time, it creeps me out! They're ALIVE!!

CHEERS!

Just imagine if they suddenly started talking to us like in Toy Story lol! "Hey we're lonely, buy more of us, collect us all!"

Peaches wrote:OK, how'd ya do dat, @Adeno???!!!  LOL. I would love to have a way to take my figures and give them different expressions! Divulge your knowledge, Adeno!

It's a computer program called Crazytalk Smile

You can record your voice to make the character say it or sing, and you can even control facial expressions and the like Smile It works with both 2D pictures or 3D objects as well.

Stryker2011 wrote:Creepy weird, Adeno.

Please don’t tell me there’s a love thing going on between these two in the movie. I only made it half way through Last Jedi and had to turn it off.

We shall find out in the final part of the trilogy Very Happy

Peaches

Peaches
Awesome, gotta go see if I can play with it!!!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool effects indeed.

blackpool

blackpool
I will definitely dig into that program!!! Thanks for sharing your tricks!

More pics, including some marvel legends that got lost on the death star lol...

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) Quill2

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) Quill1

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) Troopers5

What I love about these little figures is you can take them kinda anywhere, mother natures is the best diorama for shooting star wars pictures Razz

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) Solo6

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) Troopers1

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) Solo7

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) Troopers2

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) Troopers6

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Great shots, Blackpool. Love the Peter and Groot on the Death Star pics. I find it funny (and sad) that the 1/12 likeness of Harrison Ford is closer than the $250 one we got from Hot Toys.

Ovy

Ovy
Very funny/creative way to but the Guardians into Star Wars.

The Death Troopers look very spectacular. How did you do the burning forest? I mean, the transition between background and ground?

blackpool

blackpool
Stryker2011 wrote:Great shots, Blackpool. Love the Peter and Groot on the Death Star pics. I find it funny (and sad) that the 1/12 likeness of Harrison Ford is closer than the $250 one we got from Hot Toys.

I have to agree bandai is very good on the likeness, their figuarts line quite never disappoint, which is surprising seeing the small scale... Hasbro upgraded their game too recently with a new painting technique, their sculpt were not bad  but the paint app was ugly most of the time...

Ovy wrote:Very funny/creative way to but the Guardians into Star Wars.

The Death Troopers look very spectacular. How did you do the burning forest? I mean, the transition between background and ground?

That was just a matter of luck, I was shooting figures in a forest during summer holidays and found a dead campfire so I started taking pics in the ashes and burned logs... My friends were surprised to find it as it's totally forbidden south of france because of the risks of forest fire, all this mashed up in my head and voila Very Happy

Some more pics!

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) Vader2

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) Solo3

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) Solo2

STAR WARS - 1/12 collection (black series & SH Figuarts) Solo5

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I hadn't seen the last two sets of updates -- glad I looked in, because they are both beautifully done and fun.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Love the candid with Peter Mayhew and Harrison, very inventive!

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some great new shots. Han & Chewie on the rocks look great. And yes, the maskless Chewie candid is awesome. Great idea.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum