OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Antmax wrote:Well, Red Sonja turned up at my doorstep this morning so I took a couple of quick photos.

I literally removed her out the box and took a couple of snapshots. Since it's the first time I have had a Phicen/Tbleague figure, it was a kind of weird feeling in my hands lol. Softer and more pliable than I had anticipated.

The figure is very nice and detailed and the silicon absorbs light in a realistic way. My wife got her as a valentines gift mostly for figure posing reference but I can see myself falling down the rabbit hole of collecting more figures, clothing and accessories.

I noticed the base has a kind of fire hydrant thing behind her with a removeable lid which looks like there is supposed to be a stand to help stand her up against. Is there supposed to be a post in the box, or something compatible you can stick in there.

Otherwise everything seems in tact, she looks great and there are lots of very nice details, the overall colouring isn't too bright so she could easily be mistaken for a more upmarket painted porcelain figure and looks really good on display.

I'm very pleased with her, have to thank my wife who got Red Sonja for me as a valentines gift.

I'm glad you love your first TBLeague figure. And a fine figure it is. Just in case it makes a difference down the line (customizing, care, whatever), it was recently confirmed the material is not (despite early advertising to this effect) silicone, it is a form of TPE. The TBLeague boxed sets often include bases that are not actually stands, so I don't think you are missing a rod to stabilize the figure -- there probably just isn't one. You could imitate some of the photos and have her leaning on her sword for added support. Or you can look (online?) for a simple stand if you prefer -- there are many options.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

csyeung

Nice pics! Congrats on the new figure!

Annalise

Antmax - Gub is correct, you're not missing anything . The pipe/hydrant thing is 2 pcs and no stand. Glad you're liking her.

My golden Spartan head was needed back home where it belongs and that left my steampunk body headless, so I used this DStoys head as an inexpensive remedy. Her expression is suitably grim and the copper hair helps this figure look more realistic, if that word means anything for a fantasy character, and she's still a redhead so she can still be SP Red Sonja. I was having trouble finding a home for this head, my original intention for it didn't work, but I think it looks good with this outfit. The goggles help hide the freakishly tall forehead on this otherwise decent sculpt.

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B - Page 3 Img_2028

Basking in the warmth of the campfire... or perhaps blast furnace

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B - Page 3 Img_2030

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B - Page 3 Img_2029

The "firelight" makes her hair as red as the original!

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B - Page 3 Img_2026

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I think it is blast furnace -- after all, she is steampunk. Wink Nicely done, Annalise.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

davidd

davidd
csyeung wrote:
Antmax wrote:Can anyone else confirm that the jacket doesn't come off without surgery?

You DO NOT need to use a scapel to take off the top.... First The neck strap is plugged in via a hole and there is a peg on the back....

I decided to try to remove the Red Sonja jacket last night as part of a minor costume modification. As noted above, the neck strap peg pops out easily, as does the silver-colored clasp. The strap around the waist does not appear to unhook, and it fits quite snugly, so considerable "squishing" would be required to pass the upper body through the waist belt.

The plastic jacket is quite stiff, and during what I thought were reasonably careful efforts to work the shoulders and arms out of the sleeves, I managed to tear the TBL body at one of the shoulders. That ended my attempt.

Fortunately the costume covers the torn part of the shoulder, but be advised that the jacket is quite stiff, and it has sharp spikes on it, so there is a risk of damaging the seamless body while removing the Steampunk Sonja jacket.

Also, as csyeung noted, the peg for the neck strap, while it pops loose easily enough, is challenging to put back together and tends to not stay put once removed. It looked like there may have been a dab of adhesive on the connector. I plan to get some super glue to re-secure the neck strap.

davidd

davidd

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B - Page 3 51657723906_0935556bba_z

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B - Page 3 51657723101_9db0442887_z

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B - Page 3 51657945363_d10f03a014

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice photos, but that critter totally steals the show.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool photos, davidd. And yeah -- what is that thing (is it from an aquarium)? Pretty neat.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Steam Punk - Red Sonja / Queen Excalibur [punk version] PL2019-140-A/B - Page 3 C8485110

davidd

davidd
Stryker2011 wrote:And yeah -- what is that thing (is it from an aquarium)? Pretty neat.

"Steampunk Nautilus" cast resin figurine. They turn up on eBay and Amazon from time to time for around $20-$25. I see that some sellers are asking more now. It does not look quite as good in person as it did in the seller stock photos, of course, but with some additional paintwork and shading I think it could look better. It caught my eye a while back and I thought it would make an interesting background prop.

csyeung

csyeung
Great photos Davidd, I agree, the nautilus makes for a great background piece!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum