OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

test your might / mortal kombat

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1test your might / mortal kombat Empty test your might / mortal kombat Thu May 30, 2019 2:04 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
hi folks,

being the video game fan that i am it was only a matter of time until i caved in and got me my first mortal kombat figures.

as i came late to the party scorpion was nowhere available anymore, not that much of a bummer since i´m team sub zero anyways.
kung lao was still up for purchase and you need someone to beat up soooo.... Razz 

and while i was playing mortal kombat on and off since the early 90s it wasnt until mk11 that i caught fire enough to put money and energy into a diorama.

luckily beat em up stages are less effort imho than backgrounds from other games and over the years one stage in particular stood out for me, having a renaissance every few titles : dead pool.

the next part was rather a "breaking eggs for an omelette" sort of thing as my basement is filled to the ceiling with backdrops that i don´t really display anymore, so an old gladiator wall had to be cut down and repainted.

so here´s my first mortal kombat diorama, will try to make some other characters somehow, already found some 3d models, maybe kano and baraka in the future?

my first 3d printed skeleton broke anyways so he was already prepped for taking a dip in the acid bath.

"foul ball" Twisted Evil

test your might / mortal kombat I810

test your might / mortal kombat I910
test your might / mortal kombat I1010

heres the reference by the way, for those whose memories from a 26 year old video game aint as fresh Laughing

test your might / mortal kombat Maxresdefault

cheers
tjolnir

2test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Thu May 30, 2019 2:16 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, that looks amazing! I'm not a gamer, but I can appreciate the homage -- well done! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

3test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Thu May 30, 2019 2:22 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty cool. Haven’t played that game in a couple decades or more, but your dio looks pretty good. The acid bath skeleton is awesome.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

test your might / mortal kombat C8485110

4test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Thu May 30, 2019 5:22 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nicely done! You've been busy.

5test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Fri May 31, 2019 6:23 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Scene and Dio ! The Skeleton is Fantastic. I love it !

More Dios You don´t want to show anymore ? I want to see them all ! Very Happy

6test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Fri May 31, 2019 9:30 pm

MerylAkiba

I love Mortal Kombat. I even watched the cartoon and the Konquest TV series. I stopped playing after MK3. MK4 in the arcade came out in 98 and I got too involved in FFVII, Tekken 3, and Need for Speed 2.

I missed getting the figures as well. I wish Worldbox did the other characters. I really wanted a Mileena, Jax, Reptile, and Liu Kang.

7test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:19 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
my thanks, glad you like the dio.
the skeleton was my first try to print one, so many ribs cracked that i couldn´t salvage it as a whole figure. still there´s use for mutilated corpses everywhere =) so i "dipped" him in some hot glue and painted it. voila, acid bath skeleton.

as for the backgrounds i got on hold in the basement, i think i posted the majority of them here on the board, i maybe missed the conan themed one, gonna look if i saved some pictures of it.

there´s only so much room left available and i figured if i didn´t "enjoy" them for more than a couple months, meaning either sitting down and looking at them or improving upon their details, it´s time for them to go. either stored away or recycled.

on the one hand its a hard choice to "destroy" your work, but on the other hand its not simply a 2d painting that can be wrapped up and stored away.

still no luck in winning the lottery and buying a larger building Laughing

got some spare time the next week so i´ll feed my 3d printer with some mortal kombat themed stuff,
no guarantee though how that´ll work out, but hey i found a baraka head soooo....

kind regards
tjolnir

8test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:57 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Ah, good informations. Hot Glue... One of my 100 unfinished projects was a D&D Monster gelantious cube. It will "absorbe " unlucky adventurers. I made experiments with silicone and skeleton parts inside, but i messed. Maybe i try it with Your kind of Glue...

test your might / mortal kombat Mm35_p10

9test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:53 am

blackpool

blackpool
This is seriously cool!!! I kinda dropped Mortal Kombat a few years back, but I used to be a great fan when younger (mainly of the arcade version we had in a bar next to my highschool lmao)

Ephiane wrote:Ah, good informations. Hot Glue... One of my 100 unfinished projects was a D&D Monster gelantious  cube. It will  "absorbe " unlucky adventurers. I made experiments with silicone and skeleton parts inside, but i messed. Maybe i try it with Your kind of Glue...

That would be so unique and original, I hope you'll find a way to achieve this!!!

10test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:12 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Ah, good informations. Hot Glue... One of my 100 unfinished projects was a D&D Monster gelantious  cube. It will  "absorbe " unlucky adventurers. I made experiments with silicone and skeleton parts inside, but i messed. Maybe i try it with Your kind of Glue...

Couldn’t you use clear epoxy resin with food coloring to make that, like the stuff they use in dioramas?

Here’s an interesting link that talks about “water” effects in dioramas that you may find useful.

http://www.diorama-dreamland.at/index.php?id=26

11test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:44 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very useful link, Stryker, thanks.

12test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:55 am

blackpool

blackpool
indeed what a cool website you found!!! Plenty of awesome tips and technics with some very cool diorama photos! Thanks!

13test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:57 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:indeed what a cool website you found!!! Plenty of awesome tips and technics with some very cool diorama photos! Thanks!

Admittedly, some of the detail seems to require a basic knowledge of materials and techniques that is more advanced than that some of us already possess (myself included).

14test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:26 pm

Allotropos

Allotropos
nice Dio !
now i have the techno mortal kombat theme stuck in my head !!

15test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:48 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
"FINISH HIM!"

16test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:19 pm

Perfect Figure Toys

Perfect Figure Toys
This looks awesome. Great backdrop to display your figures!

17test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:35 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
Allotropos wrote:now i have the techno mortal kombat theme stuck in my head !!

one can argue about the quality of the movie, still there´s something to it to be remembered after 23 years. plus cary tagawa as shang tsung was awesome. really nice guy to from what i´ve seen from non movie related interviews with him.

shazzdan wrote:"FINISH HIM!"

believe me, there will be blood Twisted Evil

that idea with the "cube blob" sounds awesome, though i´m not sure if hot glue would be the proper material for the project. you could form a metal bucket into a cube, fill it with glue sticks and fire it up, maybe it´ll work.
still would be an incredible project, very thrilled for it to come to fruition.

in the meantime and thanks to the fact that my 3d printer needs maintenance(again), i managed to get a few parts from it, enough to finish a "filler character"
hope you enjoy it

test your might / mortal kombat K410

test your might / mortal kombat 7oign5eawzk21

besides, any tips for a proper liu kang head sculpt ? haven´t found a long haired asian sculpt with any likeness, be it robin shou or game model

cheers

18test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:42 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Your filler character looks great. I could be completely wrong, but wasn't there a new product announcement about a Liu Kang figure at some point (but I am not sure how far back, and I might be misremembering).

19test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:11 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Love your new “filler” character. He looks cool.

20test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:25 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
I'm a huge Mortal Kombat fan myself, you captured the look of a battle screenshot quite well. I recently played MK11, and would love to see a figure of Noob Saibot's default character model from the game.

21test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:00 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
thanks guys. making a custom kano was an easy choice since i had almost all the parts around somewhere anyhow, plus he aint a very demanding char to put together, rather bland really.
neither played him in any mortal kombat, still he's part of the original roster so.....

funny thing i was sceptical at first how to form the metal face plate and i was a bit reluctant at first to put the greenstuff directly on the headsculpt, lest i'd mess it up. so i put some garbage-bag foil on double sided duct tape and gave it a shot. the upside is you can try as much as you want without ruining the headsculpt. the downside, well no matter how far i pushed it into the eye socket, it always bulges out.
and in the end i had to apply super glue anyhow.
still thats one of the things were 3d printing hits its limits. for downsizing the faceplate to 1/6 scale messes up the model to the point where large chunks are missing, odd.

next in line is baraka if, and thats a big if, my 3d printer gets the headsculpt right. those teeth ain't only a horror when they snap at you, all,those fine details are a pain to print without breaking.
even got a sculpt without teeth on hold, you dont know true horror if you havent seen toothless baraka Smile

plus i got scorpions face mask as a good quality 3d model, gonna give it a shot after baraka is done. again, scaling down to 1/6 messes with the mesh density somehow. time will tell.
but hey, if i ever need a halloween costume i'll print it myself Smile.
but then i still need to beef up some 30 pounds of muscle mass, seems like the mk chars aint holding back with the good juice =)

22test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:55 pm

MerylAkiba

What about the Dragon Hit Team heads for Liu Kang? Kano with the stash and chops makes him look even more badas$, Like one of the Dreadnoks

23test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:29 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
thanks for the tip, if i can snatch them somewhere cheap i´ll give it a try. though my skill in modifying headsculpts are limited at best and as far as i´ve seen the hit team figures have headsculpts with necks instead of neckless ones. this and applying hair will be challenging for me without ruining them completely.

had a kurt dörr once and tried to remove the neck to fit him on a seamless body..... regret cutting on that rare head ever since Sad

oh and by the way, i was out to get my 3d printer back from maintenance only to find the store closed in spite the fact that i had an appointment with the owner.
so it´s basically one week of doing nothing until i got my next day off on wednesday next week Evil or Very Mad
the printer itself is of good quality but the guys building and selling them don´t seem as reliable at this point. time to learn the means of repairing the darn thing myself, just my luck i guess What a Face

24test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good luck with the heads (check out our tutorial if needed) and with the 3D printer repair. What happened to German efficiency?

25test your might / mortal kombat Empty Re: test your might / mortal kombat Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:50 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
you tell me Wink guess as long as theres no heckler und koch logo on the item effeciency isnt guaranteed.
seriously though i think the guy operating the store wanted to much to fast and only found out after expanding and relocating his company that people aint literally rushing down his door.
still if opening times are literally written on the door from 9am to 6 pm and you stand on front of said doors closed cause the bossman called it a day due to lack of customers, despite having an appointment, than yeah i am a bit pissed to say the least Wink

i'm all for calling it a day early if business is quiet, still we dont close shop completely and i don't leave early if i await a customer myself. so it seems "efficiency" is only expected on my part and sadly missing when i'm on the receiving end o.O

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum