OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

skywalkersaga

Thanks, Stryker and Rev for the extra info on the Court of the Dead stuff. And Shovelchop, that's really awesome about the costume, I'd love to see a pic of that once it's complete! Smile 

While the idea of a Sideshow sculpt might be worrying to some, we'll just have to wait and see. Unlike Star Ace, the actual sculpts that SS creates tend to be pretty decent -- it's just the paint jobs that so often let them down. But perhaps something that is an original creation and thus won't have the added burden of being an 'exact likeness' of a certain actor might have a bit more leeway there. So yeah, let's hope the paint job does indeed hold up to what we see in these gorgeous promo pics. But for the price, I'd say it's worth it either way, as the figure does have some kitbash potential. And I suppose in a worst-case scenario, one could always just keep that skull mask on her, lol.

blackpool

Wow nobody told me TBL was going to the first league!

What an impressive creation from TBL, I must resist cause it's totally out of my collection but wow wow wow...

Cobratrooper11

so TBL and SS are partners now? awesome, also...i dig this. 170 is not a bad price either, and to be expected of TBL. i wonder if TBL is going to start doing film licenses now?

blackpool

That would be siiiick!

Karotte

Hmmm... more than 240Euro (without p&p) in germany. Sad. Rolling Eyes

Diana

Diana
Looking at that sideshow page I'd really like Shard:
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/court-of-the-dead-shard-mortal-trespasser-sideshow-collectibles-300450

But I think Gethsemoni seems more like TBLeague style:
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/court-of-the-dead-gethsemoni-shaper-of-flesh-sideshow-collectibles-300555

Karotte wrote:Hmmm... more than 240Euro (without p&p) in germany. Sad. Rolling Eyes  
I'm in Germany, too, and I always order from KG Hobby. Kier is at about 150 Eur, plus shipping. Even with shipping it should stay below 200. I never have any customs issues, either. AND they ship really fast, too.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Anyone got this yet? I'm so curious!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I haven’t. But I’ve seen her broken down on eBay. The pieces look great — and the unmasked head sculpt looks as advertised. I’m really psyched to get her — she’s beautifully grisly.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 2 C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
skywalkersaga wrote:Anyone got this yet? I'm so curious!

Just got the notification that mine should be arriving on Thursday. Really psyched for this one!

brassco

brassco
yes, i have received it. Not bad.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
For anyone who has it already, I’m extremely curious about the body — is it a blue or grey colour, or something in between? And it looks to me like a different body than anything we’ve seen so far?

brassco

brassco

horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 2 IMG-20191117-115516

horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 2 IMG-20191117-115449

I would say this body is nothing i've seen before. The skin is a bit greyish blue. Both arms and legs are painted with bloodied red.

The back of the body is also something new. There appears to have a non functional flesh, that seems to be the remains of a clipped off wings...what's her story?

horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 2 IMG-20191117-115422

A comparison between this body and the bluish zombie girl will enable the difference in color to be seen, as my camera couldn't really capture that greyish blue color.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, brassco, that’s really helpful! Was hard to tell with the armour on, but I can see what you mean about the colour comparison. The body seems like it could be the latest s33b type, but obviously with unique features for the character. Again, hard to tell exactly as the colouration of the body throws off perception a bit.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The bloody holes on her back are supposed to be where she lost her wings. Her story is really complex, and seems to be evolving with each new product. I don’t know all of it, other than the few bits and pieces I’ve read (an outcast Valkyrie, adopted by Death, who fights both Angels and Demons — but prefers to fight Angels — in her quest for vengeance. The bloody arms and legs are meant to be stains — and not fresh blood — as it evolves growing further and further up her extremities with each new product). Go here (fair warning, you could spend hours clicking on every link and reading up on all the different elements — I just did a cursory examination of this character specifically. There are art prints, card games, books, statues, etc. — much of which is already sold out):

https://www.sideshow.com/brands/court-of-the-dead/

horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 2 C8485110

Delanie

Delanie
hmm I am not fond of this one I like shade especially the knight version but would be really interested in Gallevarbe especially if they could do her as an option if human / naga

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
She'd look great beside HT Thanos as a comics-inspired Nebula (and they both have that chin thing...).
Very beautiful headsculpt and hair style! I hope TBL would re-use that headsculpt but in a flesh version.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I just bought the head and body loose from Monkey Depot; plan to make a different character out of her. I still have the full boxed set on PO with Timewalker. There’s at least 4 other characters in the Court of the Dead that falls into TBLeague’s wheel-house — I hope they do those as well.

desertdragon

desertdragon
My Kier arrived recently, and I have to say she is exceptional, even by TBLeague standards... her portrait particularly is really stunning, and the body coloration is outstanding. A worthy 1/6 representation of the CotD line from Sideshow, and absolutely worth getting...

horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 2 Kier_210

horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 2 Kier_310

horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 2 Kier_410

horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 2 Kier_510

horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 2 Kier_710

horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 2 Kier_810

horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 2 Kier_811

horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 2 Kier_110

horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 2 Kier_111

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Absolutely stunning photos!!! I’m so glad she turned out so well, seems like a dream to photograph!

I like her so much mor than the usual tbleague stuff, and your dramatic lighting suits her perfectly.

desertdragon

desertdragon
skywalkersaga wrote:Absolutely stunning photos!!! I’m so glad she turned out so well, seems like a dream to photograph!

I like her so much mor than the usual tbleague stuff, and your dramatic lighting suits her perfectly.

Thank you so much!! I think she's definitely one of TBL's best pieces, and she really was a joy to shoot - I knew I had to use the red background, and I always love doing the moody lighting, which suits her perfectly Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, the photos are stunning. The background and lighting are appropriate, doing justice to the set in all its gory glory.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
As I mentioned over at the Freaks: great photos, DD. She really did turn out amazing. Sideshow needs to thank TBL for delivering on this figure. She’s gloriously grisly.

Diana

Diana
More beautiful photos. Really allows the figure to shine!

What do you use for a backdrop?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Amazing photos!

While this isn't really my thing, it can't be denied that it's a beautiful figure. I agree with rollotomasi above, I'd also love to see the head used again in a more humanised (and by that I don't mean 'prettified', TBL) flesh-coloured style. Would make a good tough Scandi warrior woman-type with a different paint job.

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:Amazing photos!

While this isn't really my thing, it can't be denied that it's a beautiful figure. I agree with rollotomasi above, I'd also love to see the head used again in a more humanised (and by that I don't mean 'prettified', TBL) flesh-coloured style. Would make a good tough Scandi warrior woman-type with a different paint job.

I'd buy that for sure. Though preferably with rooted hair for more flexibility. I'm thinking Lagertha... Smile

desertdragon

desertdragon
AerynDiana wrote:More beautiful photos. Really allows the figure to shine!

What do you use for a backdrop?

That's a hand painted canvas backdrop - it's ideally meant for 1/1 scale, but it works really well with 1/6 scale too Smile

brassco

brassco
very beautiful pictures of this amazing figure! Yes it is worth collecting. Could be the best offering so far from TBL. Cheers!

I won't be surprised if they decided to go with 1/12th of this figure!

desertdragon

desertdragon
brassco wrote:very beautiful pictures of this amazing figure! Yes it is worth collecting. Could be the best offering so far from TBL. Cheers!

I won't be surprised if they decided to go with 1/12th of this figure!

Thank you brassco! I totally agree that this is some of TBLs best work yet, and I'll put money on a 1/12 version of her Smile

Diana

Diana
She doesn't have shoes, which is something all the TBL 1/12 offerings have in common, so fingers crossed! Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum