OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
"Death Court" 1/6 General Soul Reaver

"Only death and his death court can save us and get rid of the barbaric war between heaven and hell that devours human souls."

Sideshow original design, Threezero grandly launched the Court of Death (Court of Death). the Dead) 1/6 Collectible action figure of General Soul Reaper!

The Reaver General is about 16 inches (about 40 cm) tall and has a highly movable body with 35 joints. The Soul Reaper General is equipped with shoulder armor, breastplate, chain armor shirt, arm armor, waist metal piece, skirt, cloak, leg armor, boots and 8 interchangeable hands (3 for relaxing hands, 3 for sickle Hands, 2 hands holding Crytmourne swords). Weapons also include a Cryptmourne sword and a sickle.

Pre-order price: 299 US dollars / 2,320 Hong Kong dollars / 1,930 RMB / 32,870 days

Product features:

Super-like real head sculpture
Unique body
of the Soul Reaper Approximately 16 inches (approximately 40.6 cm) high movable body
35 movable joints
Accessories:

shoulder Armor
Breastplate
Chain Armor Shirt
Cloak
Arm Armor
Waistguard Metal Plate
Skirt
Leg Armor
Boots
Accessories:

1 Cryptmourne sword,
1 sickle,
8 interchangeable hands (3 for relaxed hands, 3 for sickle hands, 2 for Cryptmourne swords Hand)
Material used: ABS, PVC, POM, fabric
Packing size: ~ (W230 X H480 X D170) mm (1kg)

NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure 09314510
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure 09314710
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure 09315010
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure 09315210
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure 09315410
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure 09315710
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure 09320010
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure 09320410
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure 09320710
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure 09321010
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure 09321210
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure 09321410
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure 09321710
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure 09322010
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure 09322310
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure 09322610

#newproduct #Threezero #SideshowCollecibles #Demithyle #horror #fantasy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
So this is Skeletor 2.0? Smile I'm a little ambivalent about the design, which looks cool from some angles and less so from others -- which might be true for many things -- but love that fantasy sword. I see Sideshow has not partnered only with TBLeague, and given that there isn't any normal exposed flesh, I guess it is not all that strange that this is not on a TBLeague body.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:So this is Skeletor 2.0? Smile I'm a little ambivalent about the design, which looks cool from some angles and less so from others -- which might be true for many things -- but love that fantasy sword. I see Sideshow has not partnered only with TBLeague, and given that there isn't any normal exposed flesh, I guess it is not all that strange that this is not on a TBLeague body.

I wonder what the real story is, where Sideshow under the same specific License Court of the Dead goes from 3 figures at TBL to 2 at Threezero. Hopefully it is the reason GF theorizes, lack of exposed flesh on both the Fool and the Skeleton warrior; or the similar reason that TBL "specialize" in warrior women and Sideshow chose either TBL or Threezero according to their strenghts.

Still if so, a little weird to let TBL have a run of 3, and only subsequently give Threezero a run of 2. If skillsets was the reason, it would have made more sense for Sideshow to run them concurrently, and to have maybe one figure from TBL then one from Threezero and so on. People are already maybe worried that TBL has generally reduced output, cancelled some figures etc, so this will surely feed that fire of concern. I suppose the underlying question would be to know what were the contributions of TBL vs Sideshow on Kier and Gethsemoni in the first place. We know the underlying designs were Sideshow (from prior statues etc) but did TBL do all the 1/6 figure design work, or just supply the bodies to Sideshow?

Valiarde

Valiarde
Preorder this one Smile

Diana

Diana
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:So this is Skeletor 2.0? Smile I'm a little ambivalent about the design, which looks cool from some angles and less so from others -- which might be true for many things -- but love that fantasy sword. I see Sideshow has not partnered only with TBLeague, and given that there isn't any normal exposed flesh, I guess it is not all that strange that this is not on a TBLeague body.

I wonder what the real story is, where Sideshow under the same specific License Court of the Dead goes from 3 figures at TBL to 2 at Threezero.  Hopefully it is the reason GF theorizes, lack of exposed flesh on both the Fool and the Skeleton warrior; or the similar reason that TBL "specialize" in warrior women and Sideshow chose either TBL or Threezero according to their strenghts.  

Still if so, a little weird to let TBL have a run of 3, and only subsequently give Threezero a run of 2.  If skillsets was the reason, it would have made more sense for Sideshow to run them concurrently, and to have maybe one figure from TBL then one from Threezero and so on.  People are already maybe worried that TBL has generally reduced output, cancelled some figures etc, so this will surely feed that fire of concern.  I suppose the underlying question would be to know what were the contributions of TBL vs Sideshow on Kier and Gethsemoni in the first place.  We know the underlying designs were Sideshow (from prior statues etc) but did TBL do all the 1/6 figure design work, or just supply the bodies to Sideshow?
My first thought was: "Uh oh... TBL not involved?"
My second thought was: "Of course not! These are not sexy women!"
And TBL haven't done anything that doesn't match some kind of beauty standard. These guys are just too otherworldy with their thin arms...
I'm not worried. Yet.

brassco

brassco
Diana wrote:
My first thought was: "Uh oh... TBL not involved?"

Maybe it's exactly the reason why TBL don't make it this time...not sexy women!!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I much prefer the 'Malavestros' jester figure to this one. The outfit is nice, but (accurate to the source or not) the undersized head here is not to my liking.

Diana wrote:My first thought was: "Uh oh... TBL not involved?"
And TBL haven't done anything that doesn't match some kind of beauty standard. These guys are just too otherworldy with their thin arms...
I'm not worried. Yet.

It's bizarre. If indeed they simply haven't lost the contract, making these kind of figures could have been a welcome bit of variety from TBL. But I think that if they're unwilling to experiment in this way, and if there is any hint of trouble ahead for them, they should be concentrating on producing/tweaking new and existing base bodies for a while, instead of all the samey-looking big sets they do seem to be churning out at the moment. By this time last year there'd been three new TBL base body types on the market. So far this year we have just one (and a pretty niche interest one at that). They do seem to be floundering a little, in regard to what they're choosing to release; for one thing, I think that holding back on releasing the Viking Woman/Knight of Fire (and the Monthu variant) as base bodies has been a really odd decision. So far, I've acquired five parted-out VW/KoF bodies from various resellers - all money that could have gone to TBL, if only they'd release this bodytype as a base model. And secondly, now that we know they're perfectly capable of producing different skintones, why they aren't producing more ethnically-diverse base bodies is just plain baffling.

They may be less profitable in the short term, but I can't believe that ultimately there isn't a bigger market for kitbashable base bodies than for big sets. TBL's business model just seems so illogical to me.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Just got shipping notice from Giantoy. It is like the third preordered figure I'll get this month, all at the same time. Glad I paid everyhting in advance lol

javier1986

Demithyle's final product images. Not mine but from Taobao. Credit to the owner! NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure Screen10
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure Screen11

javier1986

NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure Screen15
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure Screen14

javier1986

NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure Screen16

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Quite impressive... looks huge.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
He looks magnificent. Welcome aboard, and thanks for sharing the pics.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks for the pics. Looks pretty impressive, but I knew he was on the higher side.
Mine is already in some sorting center in Europe. So should be here someday this week.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Very nice! I was tempted to get this, even though its not my usual thing. Really wish I had now. Thanks for the pics.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, very neat, he does look quite tall. Thanks for sharing!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, very neat, he does look quite tall. Thanks for sharing!

Yeah I read about 38cm somewhere. Smile
The joker guy on the other hand was very small. But those different heights should make a great shelf display (if you get them all, which I won't lol)

Valiarde

Valiarde
Here are quick (mainly) smarphone pics. I think he might make a good opponent for my D&D story Smile
His size is more like 42cm up to the top of the skull.

NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure UOmwhZrh

NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure J2GU7eCh

NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure P60WbQ1h

NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure QUp0Eewh

NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure Xzlzkowh

NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure DmqjSjBh

NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure 5iwAYzhh

There is no stand included, which makes posing a bit fiddly. Figure looks impressive but the feeling is rather plastic and the weapons really toy like. I'm glad I git him for a cheaper price back than than what the sellers are wanting right now. I like him for my shelf or photo stories but overall won't compare to tbleague quality standing next to him. It is a plastic monster  Smile
The clothes are well made and wired though. So you can put the cape in shape around the head and the parts covering the armored legs are also wired.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the photos, Valiarde. Although I have to confess I am distracted by your beautiful creations -- figure and diorama alike. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Too bad about the cheap feel, but he looks astounding. What a neat figure.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure C8485110

javier1986

Mine will take time to arrive at my home. I have mixed feelings about this release. On the plus side, the structure, carvings, and details appear to be excellent. On the downside, the paint application seems to be just 'ordinary', the long arm seems to be especially weak in this regard.
Overall, I'm happy, because with patience and the right paint application, this will be a +10 figure. I have mixed feelings about having to pay Hot Toys prices for a figure that needs work to reach that price level.
A dioarama base, hours of painting and possibly a replacement of some materials (I'm starting to think about a new realistic chain mail for example), will do the job.

csyeung

csyeung
Whoa this guy is massive!

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Haven't seen any pictures with the matching Malavestros side by side.  Not sure whether that size difference will look dramatic or ridiculous, given that Malavestros is just under 10".  I suspect that most displays will rely on one of the TBL figures at @12", Gethsemoni or the Kiers, to transition the size differences.

The fact that neither TBL nor Threezero has announced any more Court of the Dead figures since these were promo'd long ago (and despite all those other designs pre-existing as statues) could be a deterrrent.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks guys for the comments. Always a fan of in hand pics on this board, glad I can contribute.

javier1986 wrote:Mine will take time to arrive at my home. I have mixed feelings about this release. On the plus side, the structure, carvings, and details appear to be excellent. On the downside, the paint application seems to be just 'ordinary', the long arm seems to be especially weak in this regard.
Overall, I'm happy, because with patience and the right paint application, this will be a +10 figure. I have mixed feelings about having to pay Hot Toys prices for a figure that needs work to reach that price level.
A dioarama base, hours of painting and possibly a replacement of some materials (I'm starting to think about a new realistic chain mail for example), will do the job.

True - I think I might also enhance this figure a bit. The details look great on the armor etc. And I always like if you can do some own work on a figure (as much as I like some perfect ones from the go) 
I think you will love this figure if you are a fan of Court. Like, I really like his appearance but couldn't help to feel a tad dissapointed with the plastic feel and smell. 
Can't wait to see your improvements for this figure. Chainmail replacement is tricky I think.

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Haven't seen any pictures with the matching Malavestros side by side.  Not sure whether that size difference will look dramatic or ridiculous, given that Malavestros is just under 10".  I suspect that most displays will rely on one of the TBL figures at @12", Gethsemoni or the Kiers, to transition the size differences.

The fact that neither TBL nor Threezero has announced any more Court of the Dead figures since these were promo'd long ago (and despite all those other designs pre-existing as statues) could be a deterrrent.

I think the size differences are kinda cool, if you display them all together. I don't have anything else from this line (thought about a Kier, they are pretty cool) and definately won't get Malavestros (especially for that price), as I will be underwhelmed by its plastic parts as well.  Smile

SirTurner

SirTurner
Edit...Arrived today. Amazing figure that far exceeded expectations. I customized the eyes, giving them the look of the first premium format. He is very poseable. the details are impressive, the metal effect of the armor is well rendered by the coloring. It just needs a base  and maybe a little dirty effect on fabrics if you want to create a more "lived-in" effect.NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure 20221210

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum