OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

skywalkersaga

Interesting! Thank you so much for this invaluable info. That Kier body is definitely unique looking, and I hadn't realized how 'voluptuous' it is in that regard. Really appreciate these pics. Smile

Diana

Oh wow! Thank you for the comparision shots. She's so tall! Very interesting indeed.
Which body does Kier have then?? Is it an S20/21? Her bust is too big for an S32/33... or another body type we haven't seen yet? (I think we are still missing S30A/S31B... This has been bugging me.)

skywalkersaga

To my eyes it looks like one we have not yet seen. It's much more voluptuous than the s20/21, with bigger hips, thicker waist, etc. Also the shoulders are smaller, comparatively, to any of the muscle bodies. Just going by the recent promo pics, I'd say that this one and the upcoming Court of the Dead figure have similar if not the same figure type and are original bodies that have not yet been released as base bodies.

Diana

skywalkersaga wrote:To my eyes it looks like one we have not yet seen. It's much more voluptuous than the s20/21, with bigger hips, thicker waist, etc. Also the shoulders are smaller, comparatively, to any of the muscle bodies. Just going by the recent promo pics, I'd say that this one and the upcoming Court of the Dead figure have similar if not the same figure type and are original bodies that have not yet been released as base bodies.
That's what I'm hoping. Well, I'm hoping they will be released. Cause I love new body types. Smile

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Nice comparison pics, really shows off the generous curves of the new body and WHAT A BODY!

Maybe Sideshow commissioned TBL to make that based on Sideshow artists' instructions.

If that's the case, it would've been great if Sideshow used that tall body type with their upcoming Wonder Woman instead of what was shown (S23B?).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I do think this one seems to have been made especially for Sideshow's Court of the Dead characters. Because of that, I have no idea if we will see it put out as a base body or not. It could be that Sideshow wanted to keep it exclusive to their figures, though I do hope it gets its own release at some point. Even though I normally don't love the large busts on tbleague figures, I think this one actually works because the rest of the body is comparatively voluptuous and curvy as well, so it balances out the figure, if that makes sense.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:I do think this one seems to have been made especially for Sideshow's Court of the Dead characters. Because of that, I have no idea if we will see it put out as a base body or not. It could be that Sideshow wanted to keep it exclusive to their figures, though I do hope it gets its own release at some point.
My guess (I love speculating) is that they intended to release the body as S30A/31B, but then maybe Sideshow insisted on it being exclusive. Or they are still working out the details.
S34A/35B seem to be the result of that kind of exclusive work of that recent product announcement that I can't remember...

skywalkersaga wrote:Even though I normally don't love the large busts on tbleague figures, I think this one actually works because the rest of the body is comparatively voluptuous and curvy as well, so it balances out the figure, if that makes sense.
Absolutely makes sense. I was initially going to respond that I'm not too keen on the big bust because it is even bigger than any previous releases it seams, but then I realized I don't mind it on this body.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I agree with your speculation -- mainly because the s32a-s33b were listed as 'medium bust version' or something like that. Maybe this one was supposed to the be the 'large bust version'?

Diana

Diana
rollotomasi wrote:[...]it would've been great if Sideshow used that tall body type with their upcoming Wonder Woman instead of what was shown (S23B?).

I went on a hunt when I read your post.
WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THIS ALREADY???

Here is a link: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11/15/wonder-woman-gets-real-with-new-figure-from-sideshow-collectibles/

Do you know any more about it? Why is there no buzz I'm aware of?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

He who dies with the most toys wins!

horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague & Sideshow: 1/6 Court of the Dead - Valkyrie Cole / Kier movable doll (PL2019-141) - Page 3 C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
AerynDiana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:I do think this one seems to have been made especially for Sideshow's Court of the Dead characters. Because of that, I have no idea if we will see it put out as a base body or not. It could be that Sideshow wanted to keep it exclusive to their figures, though I do hope it gets its own release at some point.
My guess (I love speculating) is that they intended to release the body as S30A/31B, but then maybe Sideshow insisted on it being exclusive. Or they are still working out the details.
S34A/35B seem to be the result of that kind of exclusive work of that recent product announcement that I can't remember...

At first I thought the Kier body might just be a slightly modified 20/21, but it's completely different isn't it?

It's actually reasonably proportionate, too!

I want one in a 'flesh' please TBL. Smile

EDIT: Wonder Woman looks like a standard 23 to me, am I missing something?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, it really is different — and nice! Of all the tbleague bodies so far, it’s the one the reminds me most of something out of a Frank Frazetta painting.

And that was my thought on the WW too, which is one of the many reasons I was not overly enthused by it.

Diana

Diana

Oops! Thank you. ^^
Weird that I missed that, considering how frequently I check these boards.

Alright. Now I'm all caught up.

GeeWillikers wrote:At first I thought the Kier body might just be a slightly modified 20/21, but it's completely different isn't it?

Nope! Don't think so. I like her painted hands, though! But my WW needs more curve. And so we return to the "muscular body with curve" topic. And Keir seems to deliver.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
AerynDiana wrote:

Oops! Thank you. ^^
Weird that I missed that, considering how frequently I check these boards.

Alright. Now I'm all caught up.

GeeWillikers wrote:At first I thought the Kier body might just be a slightly modified 20/21, but it's completely different isn't it?

Nope! Don't think so. I like her painted hands, though! But my WW needs more curve. And so we return to the "muscular body with curve" topic. And Keir seems to deliver.

Like most of us I'd be happy enough with the 22/23 if only they'd slim down those car-crusher thighs and/or widen the hips a little, but this new type looks like just what the sensible personal trainer ordered. Smile They don't look exactly alike, so I'm really curious to see the potential differences between Kier and Gethsemoni now!

Apart from more ethnic body types I'd like to see TBL tackle a truly plump body type, but I do appreciate how that might present problems for them on at least a couple of levels.

The hands do look really nice in the WW set, I agree. From reading the thread, the sculpt isn't to everyone's taste but I like that badass expression, at least. The moulded hair, though.... No

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, good points, GeeW. I don't have an issue with the 22/23 when it comes to the upper body -- it works for a muscular or athletic figure just fine. And is even somewhat achievable via working out. But very few women would have thighs like that in reality unless they were out and out bodybuilders, or maybe Olympic sprinters. Razz 

And of course, it's hard to tell about the Kier and Gethsemoni bodies at this point, as the armour and/or clothing does distract the eye a bit. Usually the best comparisons for me are from the sorts of pics that Stryker so kindly provided above -- completely nude, and right next to each other. ;p  Otherwise, my eyes tend to play tricks on me. 

Re: the Sideshow/tbleague Wonder Woman -- I could have forgiven the face sculpt if the hair had been, well, not so awful.... D:

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
AerynDiana wrote:Oh wow! Thank you for the comparision shots. She's so tall! Very interesting indeed.
Which body does Kier have then?? Is it an S20/21? Her bust is too big for an S32/33... or another body type we haven't seen yet? (I think we are still missing S30A/S31B... This has been bugging me.)

i'm 99% sure the body is the recently released S28A/S29B curvy type, because that's what it most looks like. it could be a new body though, but i don't think it is.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Cobratrooper11 wrote:
i'm 99% sure the body is the recently released S28A/S29B curvy type, because that's what it most looks like. it could be a new body though, but i don't think it is.

I think we might be in the right area with that idea, but in the same way that Gethsemoni looks like a 12 - but different - in her promo pics, I was thinking that Kier could be a taller variant of the 28/29. The Kier body is very similar to the 28/29 design, but from Stryker's pics it looks too tall for an 'ordinary' 28/29. Also...the boobs are bigger, the legs have a slightly different curve, and it appears to have a thicker, wider waist but less of a curvy belly at the same time.

I've got four 28/29 base bodies, and this body doesn't seem to be exactly the same. It is very similar though - if it wasn't in a comparison pic with a 12, I could have thought it was a 28/29.

Maybe it's a 'large bust' version of the 'medium bust' (TBL's definition) 28/29 that for some reason hasn't been released as a base body. The Kier body also fits the 'buxom' tag the smaller 28/29 was attributed with more accurately...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Kier and Gethsemoni both seem to have rather wider hips/arse than the 28/29, plus they are way taller, from the looks of it. But yes, they are all of a 'buxom' body shape, it is true.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
It could well be as you as were saying earlier Sky - one of these two body designs was intended as the 30/31 but halted or delayed for some reason.* The Kier body does seem like a logical follow-up to the 28/29.

Hopefully at least one of these two body types is next on TBL's base body agenda after the 34/35 seamless foot, erm, side-step. Smile

* oop, sorry that was Aeryn Embarassed **

** oop part 2: Diana Embarassed Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
No worries! We're all having the same conversation. :')

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:It could well be as you as were saying earlier Sky - one of these two body designs was intended as the 30/31 but halted or delayed for some reason.* The Kier body does seem like a logical follow-up to the 28/29.

Hopefully at least one of these two body types is next on TBL's base body agenda after the 34/35 seamless foot, erm, side-step. Smile

I like you. Laughing

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
AerynDiana wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:It could well be as you as were saying earlier Sky - one of these two body designs was intended as the 30/31 but halted or delayed for some reason.* The Kier body does seem like a logical follow-up to the 28/29.

I like you. Laughing

Very Happy

Kallor8

So I managed to get a second one of these for a song and was wondering if anyone knew how to take the black/red blood off her forearms and shins? I noticed on one of mine that the paint was flaking away, leaving just the blue skin underneath and though it might be cool, if possible, to remove it entirely. I'm not incredibly well-versed in the subject of paint on silicone bodies but I know some people here are pretty knowledgeable in the area.

gooboo

Maybe you could try brushing on solvent onto the paint and see if that works.

Kallor8

What's a good solvent to use, do you think?

gooboo

I use Gamsol since it's bit less toxic/smelly than others.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum