OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

(NEW) CHAPTER 2 ! - Rock'n Roll Greats: The Evil Looks at 50 (part 2 of 3)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I promised this for Friday, and in the great tradition of Rock’n’Roll, it’s leaking one day early.

This is Chapter 2 of a (large) project that’s been a long time coming.   As said before, this is a “MOCKUMENTARY” little booklet about the 50 year career of the Evil Band in the music industry and pop culture generally. They're a little like KISS, a little like the Dead, and little bit like Forrest Gump because they've been everywhere and met everybody.  And ok yes, they’re a little bit like Spinal Tap but don’t tell them.

Chapter 1 is here:  https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t155-rock-n-roll-greats-the-evil-looks-at-50-chapter-1-now-teaser-for-chapter-2.  Hoping to do Part 3 next week.

photostory - (NEW) CHAPTER 2 !   - Rock'n Roll Greats: The Evil Looks at 50  (part 2 of 3) 27697620638_cc2a120682_h[/url]
photostory - (NEW) CHAPTER 2 !   - Rock'n Roll Greats: The Evil Looks at 50  (part 2 of 3) 41727827261_7fffd35f94_h

photostory - (NEW) CHAPTER 2 !   - Rock'n Roll Greats: The Evil Looks at 50  (part 2 of 3) 41526605922_43516eec9c_h
photostory - (NEW) CHAPTER 2 !   - Rock'n Roll Greats: The Evil Looks at 50  (part 2 of 3) 41567672901_0c61404f81_h
Beatles

photostory - (NEW) CHAPTER 2 !   - Rock'n Roll Greats: The Evil Looks at 50  (part 2 of 3) 41526606152_6df00f80b0_c

photostory - (NEW) CHAPTER 2 !   - Rock'n Roll Greats: The Evil Looks at 50  (part 2 of 3) 41567673101_4432516c04_b

photostory - (NEW) CHAPTER 2 !   - Rock'n Roll Greats: The Evil Looks at 50  (part 2 of 3) 41526606502_80d23377fc_b
photostory - (NEW) CHAPTER 2 !   - Rock'n Roll Greats: The Evil Looks at 50  (part 2 of 3) 41727829761_4a636b09a1_h

photostory - (NEW) CHAPTER 2 !   - Rock'n Roll Greats: The Evil Looks at 50  (part 2 of 3) 27858949418_294b74cfb6_b
photostory - (NEW) CHAPTER 2 !   - Rock'n Roll Greats: The Evil Looks at 50  (part 2 of 3) 40885043244_66db14f330_c
photostory - (NEW) CHAPTER 2 !   - Rock'n Roll Greats: The Evil Looks at 50  (part 2 of 3) 41010191314_b59a23c615_h
photostory - (NEW) CHAPTER 2 !   - Rock'n Roll Greats: The Evil Looks at 50  (part 2 of 3) 27785016508_711c30bd6d_h
photostory - (NEW) CHAPTER 2 !   - Rock'n Roll Greats: The Evil Looks at 50  (part 2 of 3) 41010200674_4f9ba774b0_h
photostory - (NEW) CHAPTER 2 !   - Rock'n Roll Greats: The Evil Looks at 50  (part 2 of 3) 41010200164_ab7056d3dd_h
photostory - (NEW) CHAPTER 2 !   - Rock'n Roll Greats: The Evil Looks at 50  (part 2 of 3) 40829004615_0b760cec1b_h

There are supposed to be more “Evil play Sturgis” pictures eventually, but to be honest it’s probably just an excuse for me to show off a lot of 1/6 motorcycles.  Unlike the other big missing set piece “Egypt ’78,” which does have a good punchline, which I’ll shoot eventually, “Evil play Sturgis” isn’t central and is represented by a couple of pics anyway.

Comments?

#photostory #music #evil

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Several of these made me laugh... from "table of malcontents" to "breaking evil" and plenty more; some of these were familiar (like the "bonfire of inanities", which is still precious), as you had shown them before; some went right over my head, as I am not particularly knowledgeable about music. But no doubt, this is one epic project.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Holy cow! What a project. Is that Harry Potter's head in the trash can at the Wax Museum? And Stan Lee sitting in for Hef? Awesome amount of work on the dios and all the group shots. Really cool. Love the rockumentary style to the whole thing. It's like a twisted episode of Behind the Music.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

photostory - (NEW) CHAPTER 2 !   - Rock'n Roll Greats: The Evil Looks at 50  (part 2 of 3) C8485110

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Oh man that a lot of work, great looking dioramas, great looking photos cool looking characters and lots of neat props for the dioramas, Great Job on the project!

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Thanks guys! Comments much appreciated.

That is indeed poor Harry's head in the bin. Unfortunately, at the Madame Tussaud's in this story, Harry Potter's popularity didn't last as long as the Evil Band. And Stan Lee's resemblance to Hef, or the other way around, was a joke in the first Iron Man movie so I borrowed it.

A final part still to come.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Man, this keeps getting better and better!I just want to scour these for Easter eggs. Debbie Harry and Joan Jett!! I so just love them both. And I must say, the stylized likeness on both of them really nails it. Animatronic Eddie and Iron Maiden (from my favorite Maiden album no less)! Phil R. Manic and his Corner of sound is such a brilliant Phil Spector reference. Yoko O'helno made me laugh out loud, and the Doc's meeting with Duke and Leon sure does looks suspicious... The around-the-world photos are so fun, and all the candid pics of them practicing/playing under the summer of 69 really just look fantastic. The album covers are great, and that Robert Palmer one is simply irresistible (oh!). And that Pin-up poster rules, and looks straight out of one of those old rock magazines. And Stan Lee/Hef , "throwing up his goats" as the kids once said, cracked me up. I think I may NEED that head sculpt one day soon. Loving hell out of this project man. Can't wait for more!

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
ReverendSpooky wrote:Man, this keeps getting better and better!I just want to scour these for Easter eggs.  Debbie Harry and Joan Jett!!  I so just love them both.  And I must say, the stylized likeness on both of them really nails it.  Animatronic Eddie and Iron Maiden (from my favorite Maiden album no less)!  Phil R. Manic and his Corner of sound is such a brilliant Phil Spector reference.  Yoko O'helno made me laugh out loud, and the Doc's meeting with Duke and Leon sure does looks suspicious... The around-the-world photos are so fun, and all the candid pics of them practicing/playing under the summer of 69 really just look fantastic.  The album covers are great, and that Robert Palmer one is simply irresistible (oh!).  And that Pin-up poster rules, and looks straight out of one of those old rock magazines.  And Stan Lee/Hef , "throwing up his goats" as the kids once said, cracked me up.  I think I may NEED that head sculpt one day soon. Loving hell out of this project man.  Can't wait for more!

Thank you so much. I think you're picking up on pretty much all the Easter Eggs I intended, and it's it's most appreciated. I figured I might want to "annotate" stuff at the end, but that could seem pretentious, and you're saving me the trouble. There's a couple of Eggs that might just be too small to see, like the Doctor sitting on Bumblebee's head (no real joke there, just looks funny to me); or an added guest appearance when the same Beatles picture appears a second time for London '69.

I finally got a chance to use that Neca 18" Iron Maiden Eddie. Given the size, it didn't seem to have a 1/6 use but I figured it could be a big concert stage prop. In the same way, I never thought I'd find a 1/6 use for the Playmobil Elvises (Elvi?) that are in the studio. And yeah, I really enjoyed doing the Robert Palmer cover when I realized those OE Army Attractive figures seemed to work so well for that. And it was kind of fun to throw in Robert Palmer, Tony Orlando and Dawn, and the Frank Sinatra references to "go wider" into the music scene.

It's a funny thing to work with Easter Eggs in 1/6 dioramas because I find it hard to gauge what is too obvious or what is too subtle. When we assemble any 1/6 setup we ourselves are focused at the micro level, but will those details communicate to someone else's fresh glance? And Easter Eggs aren't like eg weapon or uniform details, that people may also appreciate unconsciously -- they need to click at a conscious level.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum