OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Empty Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Sun 9 Oct 2022 - 3:11

Fox915

Fox915
Hi everyone, it's been a long while since I last posted. Here is my recent project, Ada Wong from Resident Evil 2 Remake.

I’ve spent the last 3 months working on the outfit and accessories (excluding the stockings, high heels and pistol).

This is her in-game appearance:
Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) CfK8sSy

And here's mine:Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) LXDPRQt
The gems in the choker are immitation diamonds and sapphire. The holster & harness are made of faux leather with black metal studs added. The ID wristband is made from ablack zip tie. The watch I took from Ace's Playgirl, removed the old watch face and strap and replaced them with my own. The 3 bangles I made from twisted copper wires and joined together with foil tape.
Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) GYsXQJ4
Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) CyMmiPh
Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) 8ar4Nvo
Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Widpxoc
Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) ONj9BU0
Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) JF5qSB6
Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Xft1ORO
Comparing with an older rendition of Ada by HotHeart [Left]

The production process:

The most difficult part for me was the dress. In the beginning I had trouble getting the folds/wrinkles to look right especially in this scale. As you can see in initial tests (green fabric), the folds are so much larger and scrunched up. After a dozen or so attempts (green final), I got it to start behaving like I intended.

Part of the reason why this took so long is that ordering fabric online can be such a pain, since you can’t inspect the quality get the feel of the fabric.

I’ve tried several types of fabric (seen throughout the video). First, I ordered satin, which has a really nice color and sheen and looks close to what she wears in the game. But it bled like crazy (no amount of treatment solved it), and it did not have any stretchability at all. The seams ended up ripping just from shifting the body.

Next I ordered some spandex. I liked the color despite it being darker. But the quality of this fabric turned out to be poor. It was just too thin and too coarse, when worn on the body and stretched to fit, it looked rough and stiff.

Up to this point I almost gave up and scrapped the project, all the fabric I ordered online turned out to be a waste. But I decided to give it one last go, and this last piece of fabric turned out to be surprisingly good. I'm not sure what this fabric exactly is, but I suspect it's also some form of Spandex also. Although it's a little brighter, the material felt good in terms of stretchability, drapability and fineness. Although it's a tad bit thin but overall it was quite acceptable.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading through my post and thank you for looking at my work. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent work. Very nice figure. The attention to the small details was well done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
What a beautiful and effective recreation. I've said it before, but you are immensely talented!

4Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Empty Re: Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Sun 9 Oct 2022 - 10:09

ElBundy

ElBundy
Very sexy customized outfit and nice photos!

5Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Empty Re: Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Sun 9 Oct 2022 - 20:35

Fox915

Fox915
Thank you guys, I really appreciate all your kind comments. Smile

6Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Empty Re: Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Sun 9 Oct 2022 - 20:55

davidd

davidd
Your sewing skills, to create those tiny hems and straps with buckles, are astonishing!

7Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Empty Re: Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Sun 9 Oct 2022 - 23:58

csyeung

csyeung
Looks great! Well done!

8Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Empty Re: Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Mon 10 Oct 2022 - 5:04

Fox915

Fox915
davidd wrote:Your sewing skills, to create those tiny hems and straps with buckles, are astonishing!
Thank you, I used fabric glue for the hems and the straps, since my stitching is not very precise  Razz . The straps were especially hard to fold and glue because they were so narrow.

csyeung wrote:Looks great! Well done!
Thank you. Smile

9Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Empty Re: Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Mon 10 Oct 2022 - 6:15

brassco

brassco
Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) <a href=Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) IMG-20221010-200420" />

Everything with this figure i bought. So it is hard to believe that it could be made personally at all! Wow! Love your attention to details! What's next?!

10Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Empty Re: Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Mon 10 Oct 2022 - 8:55

Fox915

Fox915
brassco wrote:Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) <a href=Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) IMG-20221010-200420" />

Everything with this figure i bought. So it is hard to believe that it could be made personally at all! Wow! Love your attention to details! What's next?!

Yours is perfectly suitable, and I quite like the body you're using. Which model is it if I may ask? A minor gripe I have with mine is that the body's a little too petite. It was gifted to me by a friend, so I can't complain much  Razz .
He doesn't remember the model, but I'm guessing it's a JO-Q05B.

Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) BM5gu6C

But prior to this I've tried 3 different bodies (TBL: S17B and S19B, and JD: 10C), and the head sculpt feels a little undersized on all of them.Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) NEFnEJE

As to what's next? I'm not entirely sure myself. Jill is another interesting character, but MTToys, SuperDuck (and another brand which I can't seem to remember) has already done a decent job on her. So I'm not really sure what to do next.

11Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Empty Re: Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Mon 10 Oct 2022 - 11:04

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That is a perfectly nice Ada, brassco.

12Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Empty Re: Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Mon 10 Oct 2022 - 11:18

Valiarde

Valiarde
She looks so awesome! For real, nice job

13Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Empty Re: Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Mon 10 Oct 2022 - 23:46

brassco

brassco
Fox915 wrote:

Yours is perfectly suitable, and I quite like the body you're using. Which model is it if I may ask?

good o' S10D from phicen. Actually i preferred your version, as I think, being an Asian, Ada's figure should be more petite.

Looking forward to see more of your projects!

14Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Empty Re: Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Tue 11 Oct 2022 - 2:25

Diana

Diana
Woooow, she looks amazing! Very impressive how similar she is to the reference, well done!

I really don't like the JO-Q05B because of its legs, which seem to just be sticks and lack any definition, but the rest suits her really well. I do like that sculpt on the S17B a lot!

15Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Empty Re: Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2 Remake) Tue 11 Oct 2022 - 5:15

Fox915

Fox915
Valiarde wrote:She looks so awesome! For real, nice job
Thank you  Smile .

brassco wrote:good o' S10D from phicen. Actually i preferred your version, as I think, being an Asian, Ada's figure should be more petite.

Looking forward to see more of your projects!
Ah, I see. Thank you very much brassco  Smile .

Diana wrote:Woooow, she looks amazing! Very impressive how similar she is to the reference, well done!

I really don't like the JO-Q05B because of its legs, which seem to just be sticks and lack any definition, but the rest suits her really well. I do like that sculpt on the S17B a lot!
Thank you Diana, I feel the same way about the legs. The S17B was going to be my choice prior to receiving this Jiaou body from my friend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum