OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Desert Rats Part One , Part Two and Part Three

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Ephiane

Ephiane
Hallo Leute. Hören Sie einige Freunde sagen, wir haben hier keine Soldaten. Es ist nur zum Spass.  Wink

Teil eins

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 01_kop11

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 02_kop11

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 03_kop11

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 0410

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 05_kop10

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 0610

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 07_kop10

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 08_kop10

Zweiter Teil

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 0110

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 0210

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 0310

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 0411

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 0510

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 0611

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 02210

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 02112

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 0710

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 0810

Ovy

Ovy
Yay, beautiful unique looking figure, the hair in combination with that face and setting is perfect. Perfect illusion with that trench.
I like how you seamlessly covered the transition of the plastic neck to seamless one. Bonus points for hiding all wrists.
We don't see seamless bodies on soldiers often. When I think of a 1/6 soldier in this skin (joint) revealing outfit, I see orange plastik joints in my head.

I imagine his voice and attitude being exactly like this:

Ohh and the face app, I always like faceapp on this particular facepool head.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Fun character and photos, Ephi. That hairstyle is wild.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another excellent custom figure, Ephiane. Thank you for sharing it with us. It is an odd and fun head sculpt to begin with, but you did a great job adding this hair to it, and making it work with this body and outfit. And, as always, your command of FaceApp adds so much extra humor to your fun creations. The accessories and the setting are just perfect too.

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Hahaha! Such a fun character!!! He kinda looks like an older Mike from Stranger Things. You come up with the best unique hairstyles, it always looks so natural, and you've done something special with this iconic head sculpt. Even though he is sitting for most of it, all the poses are great too. And that trench diorama is phenomenal! 🤯 Look forward to seeing more of this character 'on the hunt,' with a Steve Irwin type of commentary as he observes and analyzes from afar - that could be really fun! He definitely needs to have the "Shhh..." hand sculpt to his lips for the stealthy quiet time moments, it would be perfect. 😄

Ephiane

Ephiane
Ovy wrote:Yay, beautiful unique looking figure, the hair in combination with that face and setting is perfect. Perfect illusion with that trench.
I like how you seamlessly covered the transition of the plastic neck to seamless one. Bonus points for hiding all wrists.
We don't see seamless bodies on soldiers often. When I think of a 1/6 soldier in this skin (joint) revealing outfit, I see orange plastik joints in my head.

I imagine his voice and attitude being exactly like this:

Ohh and the face app, I always like faceapp on this particular facepool head.

Thank You very much Ovy. I was inspired by GubernatorFans oil pastel technic for a selfmade pale TBL Body. The clip is so Great  Laughing . Full of inspiration for my little project. I fear it´s not allowed to Stanley to say  F.... as every secound word the soldier in the clip speaks.  Very Happy .

there´s always the little gap between Neck and Head in the photos. That´s why i try it in that way.

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 006_ko10

Stryker2011 wrote:Fun character and photos, Ephi. That hairstyle is wild.

Thank You. I don´t know what´s in my mind by doing this Hairstyle. Maybe Charlie Chaplin, because he is a famous person of the 1940 ´ ?

GubernatorFan wrote:Another excellent custom figure, Ephiane. Thank you for sharing it with us. It is an odd and fun head sculpt to begin with, but you did a great job adding this hair to it, and making it work with this body and outfit. And, as always, your command of FaceApp adds so much extra humor to your fun creations. The accessories and the setting are just perfect too.

Thank You very much, Gube. It was Your pale Skin TBL paint job that inspired me.

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Hahaha! Such a fun character!!! He kinda looks like an older Mike from Stranger Things. You come up with the best unique hairstyles, it always looks so natural, and you've done something special with this iconic head sculpt. Even though he is sitting for most of it, all the poses are great too. And that trench diorama is phenomenal! 🤯 Look forward to seeing more of this character 'on the hunt,' with a Steve Irwin type of commentary as he observes and analyzes from afar - that could be really fun! He definitely needs to have the "Shhh..." hand sculpt to his lips for the stealthy quiet time moments, it would be perfect. 😄

Thank You very much, Akel. Great to hear from You. Great Idea for the next chapters. Laughing . I will do this. The trench is wood, nails and dryed mud. Like a real one.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Thank You very much, Gube. It was Your pale Skin TBL paint job that inspired me.

Thanks Ephiane, I'm glad to have been part of the process -- but all credit goes to you -- you taught us to use oil pastels in this way in the first place.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Superb work!

Chip

He looks superb , as does the dio . If this was just for fun , I would love to see what you can achieve if you put your serious head on for something similar . Very Happy Really enjoyed viewing your figure , very inspirational . What did you use for the hair out of interest ?

Ephiane

Ephiane
Danke an alle. Ich wurde von Kitsunes wundervollem Strand zu einem Dio inspiriert. Ich habe hier den Style geklaut... 150 Euro sind viel. Auch habe ich es selbst gemacht und rund 15 Euro für das Holz und eine Tüte kleine Nägel ausgegeben.

• Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three Did-e611

Chip. Ich nehme eine Kopfhaut von Barbies. Diese Puppen sind sehr billig. Ich habe drei Figuren mit diesen Haaren gemacht und habe immer noch viel davon.

Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 003_ko10
Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 007_ko11

Und hier ist das berühmte Gewehr in Aktion  Wink

https://youtu.be/x2avjVPGfYY?t=5

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Now I'll have the Flash Dance theme song stuck in my head all day. Could be worse. Smile Love seeing your figures again. DID did a great diorama backdrop with their trench, but yours looks more versatile and more realistic. Beautifully done, as always, Ephiane. I'm glad Kitsune's beautiful beach base inspired you in that direction and with such a great result.

davidd

davidd
The trench diorama and the figure are incredible! I had to scroll through several pics before I realized that was an action figure. I initially thought the first image was a reference pic of a real actor on set in a television sketch, and I kept waiting for the "action figure" pics. Finally I realize what I was looking at. Simply amazing craftsmanship!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I thought you made your own trench, Ephi. I agree with the Guv, yours is much more versatile (and that coming from someone who bought two of those DiD trenches myself — still waiting on Colonel Mackenzie).

Chip

I not seen those other wigged figures before , they all look superb , You make it sound so easy to do but , I am betting it`s not .

Ephiane

Ephiane
GubernatorFan wrote:Now I'll have the Flash Dance theme song stuck in my head all day. Could be worse. Smile Love seeing your figures again. DID did a great diorama backdrop with their trench, but yours looks more versatile and more realistic. Beautifully done, as always, Ephiane. I'm glad Kitsune's beautiful beach base inspired you in that direction and with such a great result.

Thank You Ian. The times when we stayed in dancing clubs for the weekend.  Laughing . The most of my inspirations i get here from the forum. Wink

davidd wrote:The trench diorama and the figure are incredible!  I had to scroll through several pics before I realized that was an action figure. I initially thought the first image was a reference pic of a real actor on set in a television sketch, and I kept waiting for the "action figure" pics. Finally I realize what I was looking at. Simply amazing craftsmanship!

Thank You very much Davidd. That means much to me, because i have no expirience by doing stuff from this area. I fear there´s much what is not histoical correct.  Embarassed What´s inside the two big bags on his belt ? Can´t find references to .

Stryker2011 wrote:I thought you made your own trench, Ephi. I agree with the Guv, yours is much more versatile (and that coming from someone who bought two of those DiD trenches myself — still waiting on Colonel Mackenzie).

Thank You Stryker. Ahh, i watched him by searching for parts for my dersert rat. He´s wonderful. Can not wait to see Your pictures of him. Maybe on a noble Horse ?

Chip wrote:I not seen those other wigged figures before , they all look superb , You make it sound so easy to do but , I am betting it`s not .

Thank You very much, Chip. It´s really easy, believe me. A Mohair Hair Job is harder to do. Try it. Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent update with Stanley's new presentation in Part II. And poor Hans in the other trench. Will you be making a figure for him too? Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Part II was hilarious. Poor Hans. Nicely done.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
You are full of surprises, the last thing I would have ever expected is a historical figure from you. And how amazing is that Brit? Really great job on everything really, from the body, to the uniform to the hair to the trench. Fantastic work all around.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Desert Rats  Part One , Part Two and Part Three 1f60e

Ovy

Ovy
Oan Ochs an doamischer derer Stanley Boi! Gloi schepperts em d Suppeschüssel von d Bian!

I love his grimace face, he really looks like he has a bad feeling about it, but also found it kinda funny.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Amazing!!! Humorous figure, very well executed. And the diorama is incredible! :O

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

csyeung

csyeung
Awesome set! The hairstyle is great and the seemless body looks great too!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was going to ask... some of this German appears to be very dialectical or jargon-ish?

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Yes, Hans is clearly from Bavaria, that´s the dialect he is speaking. He is a bit miffed that he is out of ammo.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Great! The posing of the figure and the diorama are perfect. I love your humor, Ephiane!

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Speaking of the Rommels Desert Campaign:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum