OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145#

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

skywalkersaga

Ooh, it does look good. Thank so much for the reference pic, greatly appreciated ! Smile

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Nice figure, Diana. Looks cool. Like her necklace.

Diana

skywalkersaga wrote:Ooh, it does look good. Thank so much for the reference pic,  greatly appreciated ! Smile
My pleasure!

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice figure, Diana. Looks cool. Like her necklace.
Right? This setup usually belongs to YMT016 "Ming", which is more petite, which makes the body look less so. Smile

The necklace is by kerso on Etsy: http://etsy.com/listing/669593142

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Cool. Thanks for the link. I’ll have to check out what else they have.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I do really like the 16/17 bodies (not least because of the more realistically-proportioned bust) but I find them more aesthetically pleasing with smaller heads - most TBL heads always look slighty off to me. It's probably because of the narrower shoulders and it's only very slight, but enough to throw things off for me.

While I tried out the YMTOYS head on Nancy's body (see end of page 1) I took the opportunity to try out Nancy's head on a 'pink' 23b and an older 21b, and it looked fine on both. Just for kicks I also tried her out on a spare old pale S04 and it looked OK so I guess it would also look fine on an S06. Didn't think to take any pics unfortunately.

BTW: I noticed that the Nancy head is slightly paler than most TBL heads, but while it wasn't as glaring as mismatch as some 'suntan' TBL heads on a pale body, it still didn't look quite right.

Usual caveat: Of course where matching skintone is concerned if you're using these figures purely for photography, with a little effort to get the lighting/colour temperature right you can make near enough any head look OK on any body. Even if you can't, you can always handwave it as paler make-up - I once got a repainted TBL sculpt that was so white it was too pasty even for a pale body. So I decided she was a goth. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the input, GeeW. I’ve been curious about the suitability for other bodies since I picked up the Nancy head on its own. I’m still undecided as to which body to use it on, but I’ll bear all that in mind. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

davidd

davidd
I see a number of "kitbashed" figs using the "Nancy" parts in this topic, so rather than posting a new topic for a single pic, I'll just put this here:

fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 Alicia_teaser
Vampire Hunter

Body: TBLeague... the one from the Nancy In Hell fig. You know, the one with fat, short arms.
Head: from the VeryCool Female SS Officer fig.
Costume: various bits found on eBay.

The rest of Nancy's stock got shared among a number of my figures, and her head sculpt went to da Bay quite some time back. While the pieces are, individually, pretty cool, the complete package didn't resonate with me. At the time I purchased it, though, it was one of the least expensive complete figures available - about the price that 1/12 complete figures are now!
Wink
What a difference a couple of years can make in this hobby, huh?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
You sold the Nancy in Hell head???

That's the best part of the whole figure! One of my top fave tbleague heads, ever.

davidd

davidd
skywalkersaga wrote:You sold the Nancy in Hell head???

That's the best part of the whole figure! One of my top fave tbleague heads, ever.

Razz  Almost covered half the cost of the fig, too!

We each have a different "aesthetic sense," I suppose. It just didn't work for me. Maybe the one I got was slightly "off" or something, I don't know.

Here's the one pic I snapped of the complete fig:

fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 Nancy_in_hell

Here's the head:

fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 Nancy_in_hell_head
"Oopsie! Gotta be careful with them chainsaws!"

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You have probably named it already, but I think your new figure is Little Black Riding Hood. Smile I like both heads, and have them both (though I got neither set). Still not sure what to do with that blue strand in Nancy's hair (guess I'm not hip enough).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's a red strand in her hair I think....  but yeah, I intend to re-hair her eventually.

And sure, everyone has different tastes, but I'm still shocked, lol. How dare anyone sell Nancy?? Razz (please know I am saying this jokingly with a smile ;D )

Your Nancy doesn't look too much different than mine. I like her because she doesn't look so waifish like a lot of 3rd party sculpts, nor as same-y as so many of the other tbleague heads these days. She is memorable (to me at least). But I also tend to look at heads with the intention of transforming them into something else, so I'm looking moreso at potential, rather than the head as-is. Also, I'm completely biased.... I never bothered with the original Nancy figure since the only thing I ever wanted out of it was the head! In fact, I liked it so much, I got two of them. Embarassed

All that said, I do like your 'bash. The lighting in that pic is gorgeous!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
At the risk of oversimplification, Nancy is pretty without being sweetly bland, and sufficiently determined without being overly surly. In other words, a very good balance. But that's my opinion, obviously opinions will vary.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:At the risk of oversimplification, Nancy is pretty without being sweetly bland, and sufficiently determined without being overly surly. In other words, a very good balance. But that's my opinion, obviously opinions will vary.

That's a good way to put it. : )

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
The Nancy sculpt also looks good on the more 'statuesque' Viking Woman/Knight Of Fire body. Although it changes her attitude somewhat, it's a similar 'buxom' type to the original S29 Nancy body (the S39 on the other hand, is too buxom for her sculpt).

As to the Nancy sculpt itself - while TBL don't as a rule attempt specific likenesses of well-known faces (which is one of the things I actually like about their sculpts), it does seem that they strive to create a mix of particular but different people's facial features (or that they might base some of their sculpts on random image searches that would occasionally throw up pictures of more minor celebrities) which makes some of their sculpts seem recognisable without them being based on one specific person.

Nancy is a case in point - there's something very familiar to me about that face, without me being able to pinpoint it as being the exact likeness of a specific famous (or semi-famous) individual. But while it might be a composite, I'm also somehow reminded of a particular strain of minor UK TV reality personality or model, but I can't work out who, exactly.

But yes, Nancy is easily one of TBL's top ten 1/6 sculpts (alongside the likes of Arhian CoH, Golden Royal Defender and Red Knight of Fire)

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
davidd wrote:We each have a different "aesthetic sense," I suppose. It just didn't work for me. Maybe the one I got was slightly "off" or something, I don't know.

Here's the one pic I snapped of the complete fig:

fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 Nancy_in_hell

Here's the head:

fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 Nancy_in_hell_head
"Oopsie! Gotta be careful with them chainsaws!"

Maybe it's the angle of the photos, but you're right it does look slightly 'off' - the ponytail seems really flat while the bangs are all too 'flyaway' and fluffed out.

This isn't the best shot but it shows how much better she looks with the ponytail more prominent and the rest of the hair flatter to the head.

fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 DSCN7999

It's only a very slight difference, but it makes an amazing change in the overall look.

davidd

davidd
To me the face had a flat, broad nose, and once I saw it as a "pig snout" I couldn't unsee it. The jaw line seemed very angular. Overall my impression was "butch pig face" and I couldn't get past it.

I don't care for the body either; specifically, the way the arms look when they flex at the elbows. I almost let the body go, but at the time I wasn't planning to spend buckets of money on seamless figs so I put it in a top with sleeves and kept it. Now it's a matter of adjusting the arms and selective camera angles to avoid the "bunched up rubber" look at the sides of the elbows.

I love the entire costume, though, and the detailed chainsaw.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Ah, I see what you mean now. For me though the broad nose (and the angular jaw) are nice touches that add individual character without making it unattractive.

But as you rightly say, we've all got a different aesthetic sense. My Sparta Goddess Of War sustained a tiny chip to the bridge of her nose, which would probably horrify anybody else but which I think makes her look tougher but still beautiful.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
yeaahhh... gonna excuse myself from this conversation now.  fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 1f62c

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:yeaahhh... gonna excuse myself from this conversation now.  fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 1f62c

fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 UMc0

He who dies with the most toys wins!

fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 C8485110

davidd

davidd
skywalkersaga wrote:yeaahhh... gonna excuse myself from this conversation now.  fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 1f62c

Razz

I think it was the sculpt on the one I got. I do not notice the same effect in photos from other owners of this fig. I was expecting a very nice head sculpt. It's not a knock on the fig as a whole or against those who like it. I just ended up with one... with whom I did not "bond," to borrow a term from the doll collecting community.
Wink

Besides, those boots – almost worth the price of admission right there!
cheers

I have a fig I haven't posted pix of yet that has a head sculpt that was almost universally panned in the New Product Announcement post several months ago. I'll have to post it up and see what happens! I'm sure the results will be... entertaining.
affraid

peanutsinspace

peanutsinspace
I liked the figure but I understand not connecting with a figure sometimes. As much as I try, I haven't really found a use yet for my steampunk Red Sonja.

But Nancy (who's now named Summer) I really like!

fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 3

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
^ Oh that's really nice. Smile

Are those the Vampirella boots?

csyeung

csyeung
Fantastic pictures. I must say that tbleague does make some nice boots. I managed to get a pair of these parted out a long time ago. They help balance the figures very well. I have the similar red ones from painkiller jane, also very nicely made.

peanutsinspace

peanutsinspace
GeeWillikers wrote:^ Oh that's really nice. Smile

Are those the Vampirella boots?

Thanks!

They are indeed, I think I got them from Toy Anxiety when they had some of the parts loose.

csyeung wrote:Fantastic pictures. I must say that tbleague does make some nice boots. I managed to get a pair of these parted out a long time ago. They help balance the figures very well. I have the similar red ones from painkiller jane, also very nicely made.

They're great boots, my only regret is that I didn't buy another pair.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nancy Summer sure cleans up nicely. Smile

peanutsinspace

peanutsinspace
GubernatorFan wrote:Nancy Summer sure cleans up nicely. Smile

She's a girl with her own style, that's for sure lol

fantasy-horror - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Nancy in Hell / Nancy in Hell Figure PL2019-145# - Page 3 20210723-094237

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
peanutsinspace -- your Nancy looks awesome!!! cheers

peanutsinspace

peanutsinspace
Thank you! She's one my favorites.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
peanutsinspace wrote:Thank you! She's one my favorites.

Good choice. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum