OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company"

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

ThePhotogsBlog

Stryker2011 wrote:Alice clips are fun at that size aren't they. I'm seeing a lot of swearing in my future.

There are a lot of things that are just not that fun at that size. I have been working with some 1/6th scale Brit Pattern 37 webbing equipment by Dragon, and believe me, even though the Dragon stuff hooks up like the original and though I know how every bit of it works, having as I do, full-sized equivalents for my WWII reenacting, I am discovering that these things are much more tricky to rig in 1/6th scale.

It doesn't help that I have arthritis in one hand either.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Alice clips are fun at that size aren't they. I'm seeing a lot of swearing in my future.

There are a lot of things that are just not that fun at that size.  I have been working with some 1/6th scale Brit Pattern 37 webbing equipment by Dragon, and believe me, even though the Dragon stuff hooks up like the original and though I know how every bit of it works, having as I do, full-sized equivalents for my WWII reenacting, I am discovering that these things are much more tricky to rig in 1/6th scale.  

It doesn't help that I have arthritis in one hand either.

Im with you. Arthritis is killing my fingers, which is really one of the reasons I never got in to too many military figures. I switched all the real Alice clips I have on my 1:1 gear for carabiners. Much easier to work with.might have to try to find workng 1/6 carabiners.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Asta, she looks like a great addition to an already great collection.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Yes, she does. That’s quite the group of military ladies. Nice job on all of them.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:Asta, she looks like a great addition to an already great collection.

Agreed. That is an awesome collection.

Skippy

Thanks, all.

It's the tip of the iceberg since sixth scale is my obsession!

Looking at the 'Play Company' girl this morning with fresh eyes, she's just as impressive. Looks great from head to toe.

Thankfully the next one, 'Peace Company', ought to be a bit easier as she doesn't have the harness to adjust and futz, and the flak jacket is a good start to concealing her partial shirt.

female - NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" - Page 3 Ace_pl12

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Asta wrote:Thankfully the next one, 'Peace Company', ought to be a bit easier as she doesn't have the harness to adjust and futz...

You say that now. Wait till you get her in-hand. Mad

He who dies with the most toys wins!

female - NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" - Page 3 C8485110

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:
Asta wrote:Thankfully the next one, 'Peace Company', ought to be a bit easier as she doesn't have the harness to adjust and futz...

You say that now. Wait till you get her in-hand. Mad

Very Happy

No, I really am sure she'll be easier... lol

The harness made everything so much harder on this one. First working out how much to adjust the strap lengths; actually adjusting the straps, during which one of the tiny gripping clips fell apart; struggling to put it back together; then attaching the tiny harness hooks to the belt, and the ammo straps to the harness.

It was one of those jobs where three hands would come in handy as I was trying to support the belt and the attached equipment in case they became unattached. It was a miracle that nothing did fall off, because the pointed ends of the ALICE clips are minute and it seems it wouldn't take much to pull them out.

One note on those metal ALICE clips. A couple of them were slightly rusty so I hope that doesn't cause any issues further down the line.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum