OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company"

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company"

Product Details:
Head sculpt (Long-length curly blonde hair, pony-tail style)
Female body
Bare hands
M1 helmet
Mitchell pattern helmet cover
Half-sleeve knot tie crop blouses
OG 107 pants (2nd pattern)
Patches
Montagnard trouser weave belt
US Spike Protective Jungle Boots 3rd pattern DMS Spike Sole
M1956 suspenders
M1956 individual equipment belt (Female length)
M1956 20 rd ammo pouches x 2
M1956 compass pouches x 2
Jungle first aid pouch
1 quart canteens x 2
M1956 1 quart canteen covers x 2
MX-991/U flashlight (Pink)
M16 A1 rifle w/ three prong flash hider
20rd magazines x 8 + 1pcs
Rifle sling
M3 Bayonet w/ sheath
M18 smoke grenade red
M18 smoke grenade violet
M67 grenades x 2
GI watch
Necklace w/ peace symbol sign
NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" 13029-14
NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" 13029-10
NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" 13029-12
NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" 13029-13
NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" 13029-11
NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" 13029-15
NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" 13029-16
NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" 13029-19
NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" 13029-20
NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" 13029-17
NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" 13029-13
NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" 13029-21
NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" 13029-24
NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" 13029-23
NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" 13029-18
NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" 13029-22

#newproduct #military #female

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" C8485110

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
HOLY $%^&!

I know I'll be buying this, but I get the feeling this one may cause friction to some.

MarkEl

I like the stern expression. Something different definitely.

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Hey, at least there'll be an influx of that awesome web gear.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think I'm in love! When? Where? How much? (No, it's ok, she's an action figure, no illicit services involved!)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I can see using that head sculpt to make Conan’s Valeria (until something better comes along).

NEW PRODUCT: ace new product: Playgirl Series – U.S. Vietnam War "Play Company" C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I can see using that head sculpt to make Conan’s Valeria (until something better comes along).

The same thought crossed my mind, actually. But I don't care whether I will be putting it use for a custom or keeping it as is.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Boy, the vitriolic hatred spewing forth at the old site over this figure is hilarious.

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
i hate to say it, but i do like this one. the fantasy of it, and the gear looks good. i do wish they would have included a full length top or something that wasn't tied, but thats just me.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You know... I just realized who it reminds me of (not perfectly, but it just conveys some of the look) -- Hot Lips from MASH.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
If I had a complaint about this offering, it's because she doesn't come with any OD green bra and panties.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Stryker2011 wrote:Boy, the vitriolic hatred spewing forth at the old site over this figure is hilarious.

--

You noticed that too huh?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
DeltaForceChung wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Boy, the vitriolic hatred spewing forth at the old site over this figure is hilarious.

--

You noticed that too huh?

Yeah, it’s a bit much. I mean, I can understand the desire for a more realistic female military character, but these companies are in business to make money, not cater to the demands of a hundred (or less) Western consumers. The Very Cool figures sell like hot cakes, it’s only reasonable to expect imitators.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Hmm,

Different. That bone dome might actually be better than some male ones. Some of them are mahoosive!

CHEERS!

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah, it’s a bit much. I mean, I can understand the desire for a more realistic female military character, but these companies are in business to make money, not cater to the demands of a hundred (or less) Western consumers. The Very Cool figures sell like hot cakes, it’s only reasonable to expect imitators.

--

PSST . . .

You will be surprised by how some hold that perspective.

Really.

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
I like everything about this figure! The figure set itself looks really good, and it's going to be a gold mine for bashing.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
If a 1:6 brand like ace takes the effort and time to design and produce a 1:6 offering like this to attract the 1:6 female figure collectors, then I believe it's definitely an indicator of acknowledgment within the 1:6 hobby.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
DeltaForceChung wrote:If a 1:6 brand like ace takes the effort and time to design and produce a 1:6 offering like this to attract the 1:6 female figure collectors, then I believe it's definitely an indicator of acknowledgment within the 1:6 hobby.

I agree. And as onesixthwarrior said, lots of bash fodder. Depending on the price, I can see getting this.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
I think she looks really good but I really seeing her fitting in with my medieval girls or any of my girls for that matter with that outfit so I might try to find her HS and lose and turn her a spy or agent?

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
I'll get her and she'll be a Vietnam era forerunner to the current modern day VERYCOOL female shooter and soldier figure characters. She'll be like an early female "shooter"/"soldier" who was the very first "shooter".

MarkEl

That was an entertaining read!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
MarkEl wrote:

That was an entertaining read!

Isn’t it, though. I find it funny all those guys can spend hour upon hour assembling all the accoutrement on these military figures, but they can’t take the time to make a full length shirt (which always seems to be the biggest complaint of these female figures).

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
In the grand scheme of things, the 1:6 military die hard collectors are conveying how they feel when a design/subject like that encroaches into what they deem and view as their "turf" coming from a long time brand they knew they could rely on.

I take it some of us would do the same if a 1:6 female focused brand all of sudden offered something totally opposite in the same manner.

Yes. We all have the freedom to comment and critique, but at the same time we all have the freedom to choose and maybe step back and let things be.

It's like getting all dressed up for a RuPaul's Drag Race convention, but entering the wrong hall and entering the Leather Bikers convention instead. Do we all get into a fuss?

It's a matter of knowing your audience as well as the venue.

So there.

PitViper

PitViper
My thoughts on both the figures and the comments follow:

I'll start by stating for the record that I'm a 99% military figure collector.  You can find some "criminal-types" in my collection (remember 21st Century Toys' Bad Guys?) but most of it is modern military, with the exception of a single female clad in the Fire Girl Urban Rescue set without the hot pants or winter jacket.  My first and only Fantasy figure.  And I think this figure classifies precisely as that - a fantasy one.  Every comment on it ought to take that that into primary consideration.  And there is most definitely a huge market for these kind of figures, but that market is not made up by military enthusiasts who mostly seek realism in their figures.  I think that keeping that in mind when commenting is also important.  

As for the figure itself I think it is pretty cool.  I love the seriousness in her expression, which IMHO makes the head perfect for military-type bashes.  The gear can certainly be used for a VietNam bash if so desired, but I agree with many who commented elsewhere that as far as realism is concerned, the figure as a whole loses it with the "shirt", color belt and the pink flashlight.  If so desired, the halter-top or whatever could be substituted for an OD t-shirt while keeping the helmet, and that I think would make a good 'Nam nurse bash.  The boots are very cool (I'm big on molded boots and to my knowledge these have never been made in female size). The M-16 with 3-pronged flash suppressor I believe to be also very much sought after by 'Nam collectors, and the Claymore bag is also way cool. The webgear looks excellent though clearly sized for a female figure, but again since there were no female combat troops in VietNam one would use it for fantasy-type bashes.

In terms of the comments here, I hope I'm only perceiving a trend that would become most disturbing if continued - one where the people on this board start some "vitriolic hatred" directed towards members of the other board.  I don't believe for a minute that that kind of comment is in the spirit of those who created OneSixthFigures.  I am on both boards daily and find them to be complementary and not mutually exclusive.  Let's all get along.  Life's happier that way.

My $0.02...

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
PitViper wrote:My thoughts on both the figures and the comments follow:

I'll start by stating for the record that I'm a 99% military figure collector.  You can find some "criminal-types" in my collection (remember 21st Century Toys' Bad Guys?) but most of it is modern military, with the exception of a single female clad in the Fire Girl Urban Rescue set without the hot pants or winter jacket.  My first and only Fantasy figure.  And I think this figure classifies precisely as that - a fantasy one.  Every comment on it ought to take that that into primary consideration.  And there is most definitely a huge market for these kind of figures, but that market is not made up by military enthusiasts who mostly seek realism in their figures.  I think that keeping that in mind when commenting is also important.  

As for the figure itself I think it is pretty cool.  I love the seriousness in her expression, which IMHO makes the head perfect for military-type bashes.  The gear can certainly be used for a VietNam bash if so desired, but I agree with many who commented elsewhere that as far as realism is concerned, the figure as a whole loses it with the "shirt", color belt and the pink flashlight.  If so desired, the halter-top or whatever could be substituted for an OD t-shirt while keeping the helmet, and that I think would make a good 'Nam nurse bash.  The webgear is cool, but again since there were no female combat troops in VietNam one would use for fantasy bashes.

In terms of the comments here, I hope I'm only perceiving a trend that would become most disturbing if continued - one where the people on this board start some "vitriolic hatred" directed towards members of the other board.  I don't believe for a minute that that kind of comment is in the spirit of those who created this board.  I am on both boards daily and find them to be complementary and not mutually exclusive.  Let's all get along.  Life's happier that way.

My $0.02...

--

Well said and thank you for chiming in.

I don't believe there is any open animosity per say. It goes against everything OSF (and OSW) stands for.

I do believe there are still some "frustrations" given the circumstances of what transpired at the OSW.

I do believe we all can and will get along and with anything/everything else there will be times when a sensitive topic will arise and how some will reply. That's the reality.

At the end of the day, it's ultimately about a how any group and its membership chooses to let it be or to quote Elsa from Disney's FROZEN . . . let it go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum