OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:13 am

Ephiane

Great Figures, poses and Photograpie

27TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:48 am

desertdragon

Ephiane wrote:Great Figures, poses and Photograpie

Thank you so much Ephiane! Here are a few more, because Tuesday... Smile

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 32851142031_b66f4cf4b6_k

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 30517885347_9e92c30b1f_k

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 34199938041_1dccf38b57_k

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 45276818992_b80a47e58c_k

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 31542903408_145884fa2a_k

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 48449415422_a86cb702ff_k

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 31717085008_f9e8638d45_k

28TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:20 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Tuesdays tend to be uninspiring days, so your beautiful additional photos are perhaps very nicely placed to spice it up just a bit. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

29TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:21 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Lovely shots. Those are some curvy backsides. Wink

30TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:06 pm

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Dude, the Silver Warrior custom is so badass. You made an amazing kitbash, a true masterpiece.
The photos are really cool, professional level.

31TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:54 am

desertdragon

desertdragon
FreakinLobster wrote:Dude, the Silver Warrior custom is so badass. You made an amazing kitbash, a true masterpiece.
The photos are really cool, professional level.

Holy crap thank you so much FL! That Silver Warrior custom was a total experiment - I knew I wanted to try something with silver and red, and I was really surprised at how well she turned out... I'm really glad you guys appreciate my photography - I'm always trying to get better, and I'll be posting my work on the forum as I get new pieces in...

32TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:01 pm

blackpool

blackpool
Pushing this thread back to the top, sorry that I missed this until now!

Such a phenomenal level of awesomeness here, all these shots are superb (TBLeague should hire YOU for their promo pics!!!)

33TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:46 pm

desertdragon

desertdragon
blackpool wrote:Pushing this thread back to the top, sorry that I missed this until now!

Such a phenomenal level of awesomeness here, all these shots are superb (TBLeague should hire YOU for their promo pics!!!)

Wow - thank you so much blackpool! As a bonus, here are some of my recent shots... I will try to update this thread as my new pieces roll in Smile

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Tariah10

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Tariah11

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Tariah12

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Vamp_210

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Vamp_110

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Kier_112

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Kier_211

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Ph_210

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Ph_110

34TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:52 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Beautiful. I just can’t say enough how awesome your pictures spotlight these figures.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 C8485110

35TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:09 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed this is the first time I've seen this post too, as the others have said amazing looking photos.

36TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:45 am

brassco

brassco
if you stay near me, i would have sent you my figures to have their pictorial taken, even for a fee!!

37TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:48 am

Diana

Diana
oh wow. Great thread! Thank you!

Didn't realise the cow girl had such a cute pout!
And oh wow, Keres...
And oh wow, Vampirella with blue lighting.
And oh wow, that picture of Athena sitting... Glorious! Very Happy

38TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:02 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I was going back through all the amazing photos in this post, and trying to put my finger on what it was that makes them stand out so much [other than the incredible lighting and the other technical and artistic photography aspects]. And I realized something -- not only are the poses of the bodies well done, but you also take into consideration the HANDS. All too often I see 1/6 figures posed with the hands looking awkward or unnatural. Whereas you choose specific hands in various gestures that suit the pose, and you also make thoughtful use of props in terms of choosing which weapons or items they are holding and in which hands. Imo, this really helps to lend some realism to the photos, so that they end up looking more like models posing for a photograph rather than 'just' figures'.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

39TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:11 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
These pictures are so fun to look at. Make one happy to own these. TbLeague is what the CY Girls use to be and so much more.

40TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:51 pm

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Wow!!!! Your pictures are full of beauty Valkyries!!!! TB League should hire you as their poster designer!!! cheers cheers

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

41TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:37 pm

Ovy

Ovy
lawlaw91 wrote:Wow!!!! Your pictures are full of beauty Valkyries!!!! TB League should hire you as their poster designer!!! cheers cheers
Yeah, totally agree, I really think it might sell their products even better.

42TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:40 am

desertdragon

desertdragon
Wow - I'm honestly completely humbled by and so appreciative of everyone's comments here... thank you guys so much for your kind words - I make these images simply because I love to, and I'm really happy to be able to share them here... And in that spirit,  I've wanted to put these girls together for a while now, and was finally able to do it - I present to you the Time Bandits Smile

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Time_b10

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Time_b11

43TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:47 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ha! How appropriate. Time Bandits. That first shot is awesome.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 C8485110

44TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:54 am

desertdragon

desertdragon
skywalkersaga wrote:I was going back through all the amazing photos in this post, and trying to put my finger on what it was that makes them stand out so much [other than the incredible lighting and the other technical and artistic photography aspects]. And I realized something -- not only are the poses of the bodies well done, but you also take into consideration the HANDS. All too often I see 1/6 figures posed with the hands looking awkward or unnatural. Whereas you choose specific hands in various gestures that suit the pose, and you also make thoughtful use of props in terms of choosing which weapons or items they are holding and in which hands. Imo, this really helps to lend some realism to the photos, so that they end up looking more like models posing for a photograph rather than 'just' figures'.

Thank you so much skywalkersaga! I always try to bring my experience and aesthetic sensibilities of photographing 'real' models to posing and photographing these figures... I'm no expert in figure posing by a long shot, but I do have a sense of trying to make a figure look as natural as possible, even in a very model-like pose, and that includes paying attention to things like the position of their hands... And what's really wonderful too is being able to experiment with lighting at 1/6 scale, and then being able to take the techniques I like and scale them up in my full size shoots - so the learning goes both ways...

Again, I'll try to keep this thread updated as I get new figures in, so stay tuned Smile I'm hoping to have the ToysEiiki Satan here soon, so that will be a little different but hopefully fun to work with...

45TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:01 pm

desertdragon

desertdragon
Ovy wrote:
lawlaw91 wrote:Wow!!!! Your pictures are full of beauty Valkyries!!!! TB League should hire you as their poster designer!!! cheers cheers
Yeah, totally agree, I really think it might sell their products even better.

Thank you guys! That would be a total dream job Very Happy

46TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:13 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second Stryker on the Time Bandits. Beautifully shot!

47TBLeague - My photographic portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: TBLeague - My photographic portfolio Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:18 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I figured your attention to detail was due to your photography experience, and it definitely pays off!

And yeah, very clever use of those figures in the Time Bandits shots. :’D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum