OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague (Phicen) seamless body scale comparison (updated with Part III)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

skywalkersaga

GubernatorFan wrote:Part III: additional 1:12 to 1:6 female seamless body scale comparison
(for Part I see post 1 above; for Part II see post 6 above)

In view of the above discussion, here is another scale comparison. The 1:6 scale S25B body was a petite (but not the most petite) version of TBLeague's bodies, and while its height would not correspond to that of the 1:12 body when translated to 1:1 scale, the body types seem to me closely comparable. (In 1:1, the 1:6 scale S25B body+head would stand about 5 feet 3 inches, which would be right for Scarlett Johansson; the 1:12 scale T01B body+head would stand about 5 feet 7 inches, which would be too tall. And the HT head sculpt might be a tad large for the otherwise appropriate 1:6 body.)

phicen - TBLeague (Phicen) seamless body scale comparison (updated with Part III) - Page 2 Tblfbs12

phicen - TBLeague (Phicen) seamless body scale comparison (updated with Part III) - Page 2 Tblfbs13

Hope this is useful.

#tbleague #phicen #seamless #female #body

Very neat. Glad to see I wasn't totally crazy for thinking there were some similarities. Smile

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
lawlaw91 wrote:My safety move so far: better sticking to the S23B or older models first....... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I like that body too, although I can see why some find the muscles just a little bit distracting.

skywalkersaga wrote:Very neat. Glad to see I wasn't totally crazy for thinking there were some similarities. Smile

Not at all, there are plenty of similarities. I think the 1:12 scale body is a bit curvier than the older types, even if, like them, it tends to be (translate to) the tall side. The newer, more petite bodies have been curvier too, regardless of bust size. Speaking of, as I was rummaging around looking for bodies, I came across the S17B and saw what you meant.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

GubernatorFan wrote:

Not at all, there are plenty of similarities. I think the 1:12 scale body is a bit curvier than the older types, even if, like them, it tends to be (translate to) the tall side. The newer, more petite bodies have been curvier too, regardless of bust size. Speaking of, as I was rummaging around looking for bodies, I came across the S17B and saw what you meant.

Ha, yeah...the s17b has a much less ridiculously-sized bust than the others, that is for sure. Razz

And now I'm curious if they will come out with other, additional body shapes for the female figures in 1/12 scale. I mean, they put out TWO different male body shapes and heights right at the same time, so it seems odd that they wouldn't do other sizes or shapes for the female ones, too.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:And now I'm curious if they will come out with other, additional body shapes for the female figures in 1/12 scale. I mean, they put out TWO different male body shapes and heights right at the same time, so it seems odd that they wouldn't do other sizes or shapes for the female ones, too.

I hope they do, but I also hope they give them less bland heads. Their 1:12 Arkhala seems to be a step in the right direction, head-wise. Would be nice to get more options (in any scale), but whereas they produced only one 1:12 scale female body type, they did release it in two different skintones; with the males two body types but only one skintone. They are probably still testing the waters, and I'm not sure where they will go from there, although there are now what 2-3 1:12 scale sets they have produced or are planning?

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, curious to see how far they will go with it.

I gotta admit, if they made a 1/12 ‘Lady Death’ I’d probably be all over that — for customisation reasons, if nothing else.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I gotta admit, if they made a 1/12 ‘Lady Death’ I’d probably be all over that — for customisation reasons, if nothing else.

Being a wise-ass, I'm going to ask, isn't the pale version white enough for "Lady Death" without modification? Wink

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:Being a wise-ass, I'm going to ask, isn't the pale version white enough for "Lady Death" without modification? Wink

Possibly? I don't own any tbleague pale bodies, so I am not sure...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Possibly? I don't own any tbleague pale bodies, so I am not sure...

Well, I'm sure there is some difference -- between clinical white and milky white, but it just seems to me that the pale skintone is already almost impossibly pale.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It is indeed extremely pale, but it still has a bit of a pinkish undertone, if I recall.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:it still has a bit of a pinkish undertone, if I recall.

Yep.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

phicen - TBLeague (Phicen) seamless body scale comparison (updated with Part III) - Page 2 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum