OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I like it too. Very nice set up, and it makes this set work better than the figure does by itself. And, for the record, you would have been totally welcome to post this in my review thread.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Adeno

That picture with the queen is awesome Very Happy Anubis actually looks cool!

Valiarde

Hey, where do you got that Scales from? I need one like this (Already started building one myself, but it is not that easy as it looks)

Ok back to Topic: I was on the verge for getting this figure, but in the end couldn't pull the trigger. It is really nice though, especially with that Dio! Very good display Smile

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Thanks, everyone.

Valiarde wrote:Hey, where do you got that Scales from? I need one like this (Already started building one myself, but it is not that easy as it looks)

They came with a really bad Anubis figure (Mystic Forge, I think), along with the sarcophagus, and a few of the other items in that display. That figure was nasty smelling, made out of that toxic rubber — most of the pieces were so brittle they broke, so in my anger and frustration, I tossed most of it in the trash. Good luck with making your own scales — maybe you can find a cheap statue that has a set.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
@Stryker & @GF, is the body size M34 or M35?
I can't tell with the covered thighs and nothing on Google so far.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:@Stryker & @GF, is the body size M34 or M35?
I can't tell with the covered thighs and nothing on Google so far.

I'd say M35. They aren't always too obvious to tell apart, but I have an M34 handy I pulled out to compare and some of the definition and musculature is a little bit different.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I presumed the Anubis was an M35 — that seems what it looks like to me just via comparing, at least.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Thanks, GF & Sky.
Just googled an ebay pic and saw those monster thighs!
A female body version would be most welcome, like a drow queen or something.

JohnByng

rollotomasi wrote:Thanks, GF & Sky.

I agree! It seems odd to me that TB League have not followed up their black basketball figure (M-36) with a more muscular black male body type and several female types. I assume that all they need to do is mould the body types which they have already released in the new colour?

Money for old rope!

I haven't unboxed my Anubis yet but I will do so soon and from all the lovely pics that have been posted here (thanks for posting those!) it should be worth the wait!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
JohnByng wrote:
rollotomasi wrote:Thanks, GF & Sky.

I agree! It seems odd to me that TB League have not followed up their black basketball figure (M-36) with a more muscular black male body type and several female types. I assume that all they need to do is mould the body types which they have already released in the new colour?  

Money for old rope!

I haven't unboxed my Anubis yet but I will do so soon and from all the lovely pics that have been posted here (thanks for posting those!) it should be worth the wait!

You would think it wasn't that complicated to do, I know! I'd love to see so many existing tbleague body types in other skintones -- the buxom/curvy body would be especially nice in a range of tones. I think the only reason they haven't is because there are hardly any female head sculpts in darker skintones. But they could easily solve that by making some to go along with the bodies, like they've just done for their latest upcoming 'teen girl' body!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

JohnByng

That would be great if they made some nice headsculpts as well. As you say there aren't many around. Lack of bodies means lack of heads and vice versa!

agentghost

agentghost
Is there any chance of a re-issue? I miss out on the figure which I assume most of you bought because of kitbashing the black body?!?

But what would u do without a black head to match?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
agentghost wrote:Is there any chance of a re-issue?

I wouldn’t think it very likely. I bought it for the whole thing, but my guess is it was produced in very low numbers based on POs — since, unlike other TBL items, it sold out pretty quickly.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) - Page 2 C8485110

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I also passed this figure and regret it now.
This body might look cool with the HS from the upcoming Black Skull figure.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Not bad so far. ... like the mythologic creatures. Stryker, i think the head is so small because of they like to sculpt it in a jackal size.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Not bad so far. ... like the mythologic creatures. Stryker, i think the head is so small because of they like to sculpt it in a jackal size.

That’s very likely possible — which doesn’t really make sense, imho. The head should be proportionate to its body — if it were about 20-25% bigger, it’d be perfect.

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:
Ephiane wrote:Not bad so far. ... like the mythologic creatures. Stryker, i think the head is so small because of they like to sculpt it in a jackal size.

That’s very likely possible — which doesn’t really make sense, imho. The head should be proportionate to its body — if it were about 20-25% bigger, it’d be perfect.

Or the body could be smaller and less muscular -- which I think we agreed on in another thread -- the disparity would be lessened, and the whole thing would feel more Egyptian and less fantasy than here.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
GubernatorFan wrote:
Or the body could be smaller and less muscular -- which I think we agreed on in another thread -- the disparity would be lessened, and the whole thing would feel more Egyptian and less fantasy than here.

That! I've never seen any depiction of Anubis that buffed. Maybe an M33 body would've suited better.

I'm still waiting for TBLeague to release a slightly more buffed body than M33, or at least a better shape to the abdomen muscles.

Ephiane

Ephiane
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) - Page 2 DefiantFilthyAsianporcupine-size_restricted

Yep. They have to be slim. What i really like are the " hocks " . But to made this means another steel skeleton. And the Head is bigger, You are right Stryker. Think they take the inspiration from the scorpion king movies

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
FreakinLobster wrote:That! I've never seen any depiction of Anubis that buffed. Maybe an M33 body would've suited better.

I'm still waiting for TBLeague to release a slightly more buffed body than M33, or at least a better shape to the abdomen muscles.

Probably yes. I tried it on an M32 in THIS thread (Post 9) and it was an improvement. The priority in fixing M33, in my opinion, is to make its legs just a little longer -- without recourse to the damn ankle extenders. M34 is more buffed. I'm not opposed to another intermediate model between M33 and M34, just wish they would fix their lapse of judgment with M33.

Ephiane wrote:Yep. They have to be slim. What i really like are the " hocks " . But to made this means another steel skeleton. And the Head is bigger, You are right Stryker. Think they take the inspiration from the scorpion king movies

You may be on to something, although of course these were pretty slim too.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Just read from kghobby that this is getting a reissue

Second chance now for everyone interested. (If you are located in Europe, there are still shops having this available right now)

agentghost

agentghost
Valiarde wrote:Just read from kghobby that this is getting a reissue

Second chance now for everyone interested. (If you are located in Europe, there are still shops having this available right now)

is that exclusively on kghobby or will this be a world wide re-issue?

You are my hero, man Very Happy

Delanie

Delanie
if anyone is interested this is up for pre-order on a reissue on Monkey Depot

agentghost

agentghost
Steve from Timewalkertoy also have it up on PO for the lowest price $154 shipped.

Can anyone who own this confirm or deny if this is M35? I saw a few speculation on this thread but has to be sure before I PO 2x bodies

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It’s rather hard to tell what body it is — but I THINK it might be.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, it's an M35. It also has more extensive problems standing on its feet than usual, so something went awry with the design -- at least in the original release.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2573-tbl-fantasy-anubis-and-friends-updated

agentghost

agentghost
you mean it is top heavy?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
agentghost wrote:you mean it is top heavy?

To a point, yes, that is an issue with those bodies in general. But more importantly, the feet were not designed well enough in terms of their grip on the ankle pegs. Perhaps the leg "sleeves" help (I didn't pick those up), but I doubt it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
agentghost wrote:you mean it is top heavy?

To a point, yes, that is an issue with those bodies in general. But more importantly, the feet were not designed well enough in terms of their grip on the ankle pegs. Perhaps the leg "sleeves" help (I didn't pick those up), but I doubt it.

The sleeves do help, but m also using the staff as a 3-point element of support.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum