OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld-Silver 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Item Name: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld-Silver 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No.: PL2021-176
Bar Code: 6 97 127233 093 2

Anubis is the Greek name of the god of death, mummification, embalming, the afterlife, cemeteries, tombs, and the Underworld, in ancient Egyptian religion, usually depicted as a canine or a man with a canine head. Like many ancient Egyptian deities, Anubis assumed different roles in various contexts. Depicted as a protector of graves as early as the First Dynasty (c. 3100 – c. 2890 BC), Anubis was also an embalmer. By the Middle Kingdom (c. 2055 – 1650 BC) he was replaced by Osiris in his role as lord of the underworld. One of his prominent roles was as a god who ushered souls into the afterlife. He attended the weighing scale during the "Weighing of the Heart," in which it was determined whether a soul would be allowed to enter the realm of the dead.

Packing List:
1)2 x headsculpts
2)1 x TBLeague 1/6 male seamless body with metal skeleton
3)3 pairs x interchangeable hands
4)1 x neck armor
5)1 x belt
6)1 x skirt
7)1 pair x forearm armors
8)1 pair x feet
9)1 pair x fabric leg sleeves
10)1 pair x fabric armbands
11) 1 pair x leg armors
12) 1 pair x armlets
13)1 x cross
14)1 x trident
15)1 x egyptian flail
16)1 x cloak
17)1 x base and holder

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 1.79 kg
Measurements: 24.3 cm * 11 cm * 38 cm

6 products/master carton
GW: 11.67 kg
Measurements: 50cm * 36.7 cm * 40.5 cm

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld-Silver 1/6 Scale Action Figure 28e6d110
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld-Silver 1/6 Scale Action Figure 24158110
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld-Silver 1/6 Scale Action Figure 4a8b3d10
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld-Silver 1/6 Scale Action Figure Fddfe610
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld-Silver 1/6 Scale Action Figure 6205cd10
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld-Silver 1/6 Scale Action Figure 6c9e4610
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld-Silver 1/6 Scale Action Figure A8b9f110
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld-Silver 1/6 Scale Action Figure 71083210
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld-Silver 1/6 Scale Action Figure 30eaa010
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld-Silver 1/6 Scale Action Figure 040b4410
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld-Silver 1/6 Scale Action Figure Afd2ed10
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld-Silver 1/6 Scale Action Figure 56aff010
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld-Silver 1/6 Scale Action Figure 16af1e10
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld-Silver 1/6 Scale Action Figure C2261210

#newproduct #TBLeague #Anubis #mythology #Egyptian #fantasy #male

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Another one???

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This time in silver with a platform (otherwise, nothing else has changed).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld-Silver 1/6 Scale Action Figure C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
When Anubis came out first, TBL hadn't yet had the idea of doing Gold and Silver (really, Light and Dark) versions of each God. Apart from just the reissue factor for those who missed Anubis initially, what they are doing here is giving people the option of better matching an Anubis to the color choices they may have made for Horus, Monthu and Ra. Though I can't really imagine someone buying a second Anubis for that reason. And personally I've been varying mine up ('cause I don't want my Gods looking like they're all wearing the same school uniform) so I don't care.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:'cause I don't want my Gods looking like they're all wearing the same school uniform).

Same school uniform! Haha! Good one.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld-Silver 1/6 Scale Action Figure C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
My initial reaction was the same one as Sky's -- "Another one?" And in a way it still is. Apart from the fantasy-steroids treatment of Egyptian deities (which, as we have discussed might be well-nigh inevitable given the expectations of the average consumer), there is the slight irony that silver is probably not much of a go-to material in Egyptian culture (they had more gold than silver and silver was occasionally used but hardly ever depicted in art). I think there is another difference -- last time Anubis' canine (?) feet were sandaled, this time they appear to be bare.

agentghost

agentghost
Ooo.. good eyes on the sandal part.

I guess they sold the silver sandals for the platform?

I rather stay with gold and black theme. Silver and black mix doesn't scream Egyptian for me

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I do like the base on this one….

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
agentghost wrote:Ooo.. good eyes on the sandal part.

I guess they sold the silver sandals for the platform?

I rather stay with gold and black theme.  Silver and black mix doesn't scream Egyptian for me

It's all over the place what TBL means with these by "Silver." For example Horus "Silver" and upcoming Ra "Silver" are dressed in White as opposed to the "Gold" versions dressed in Black, which was the big visible difference between versions, while the Silver vs Gold trims were secondary. Similarly with Month though in her case it was Grey vs Black. However Anubis reverses that up because the un-versioned original was dressed in White so now the "Silver" is in Black (with silver metals). As I've said before personally I prefer my Pantheon to be more random rather than uniform -- but good luck to anyone who actually wants full consistency.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum