OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Luke Cage Updated witha TbLeague/Phicen M35

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Decided to upgrade my Luke Cage's body to a TbLeague M35 body.

Luke Cage Updated witha TbLeague/Phicen M35 48750794091_ac109a8e27_bDSC07341 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Luke Cage Updated witha TbLeague/Phicen M35 48750794131_005a3d5fae_bDSC07340 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Wasn't diggin the harness' so I switch them back and gave Luke a better one.
Luke Cage Updated witha TbLeague/Phicen M35 48756568106_cc7cf46111_zDSC07344 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Luke Cage Updated witha TbLeague/Phicen M35 48756568161_0e8259a8e7_zDSC07343 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

shazzdan

shazzdan
Not bad. Definitely looks better with the new body. I think that the gauntlets and belt could be improved by picking out all of the details with paint.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks good. And so does your Iron Fist.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Luke Cage Updated witha TbLeague/Phicen M35 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very well done. Looks just as he should.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Another great addition to your lineup! And I agree that switching the harness was the right call.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Thanks everyone. Always appreciate the kind words. Oh and just in case anyone was wondering. I did color his neck to match the head.

Thanks again
AFM

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, there is so little to be seen of the neck that I didn't think of it, but very nice touch. Thorough professionalism!

BusinessDog

BusinessDog
Total badass! Nicely done Very Happy

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
GubernatorFan wrote:Well, there is so little to be seen of the neck that I didn't think of it, but very nice touch. Thorough professionalism!
Thanks buddy. That was the only comment that was left for me from OSW. (Paint the body's neck.)

BusinessDog wrote:Total badass! Nicely done Very Happy
Thanks my friend.

Ovy

Ovy
Worked out well, and the fist guy has more use for the yellow harness I think.

And is that Dexter wearing Painkiller Jane's glasses?

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Ovy wrote:Worked out well, and the fist guy has more use for the yellow harness I think.

And is that Dexter wearing Painkiller Jane's glasses?

Totally agree about the harness Very Happy . Oh is not a Dexter head sculpt but is Painkiller Jane glasses. The figure is suppose to be Matt Murdock aka Dare Devil. AFM Style Twisted Evil .

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:That was the only comment that was left for me from OSW. (Paint the body's neck.).

Seriously... no one could see anything positive to say... pretty narrow view of focus for such a cool looking figure.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Luke Cage Updated witha TbLeague/Phicen M35 C8485110

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:That was the only comment that was left for me from OSW. (Paint the body's neck.).

Seriously... no one could see anything positive to say... pretty narrow view of focus for such a cool looking figure.

That is why I come here to share the love.

Thanks again to all of you my friends.

AFM

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Looks pretty good! Though I know little of Luke Cage, I've always seen him looking best in a yellow short-sleeved top of some kind. I know the M36B is the only naturally black-skinned TBLeague body so far, but it is too lean for his bulky physique, I believe. Coloring the entire arms and showing off his iconic guns would look really good! But I totally understand if you don't want to and would like to reuse the body for different purposes, because these things are expensive!

EDIT: I learned a bit of a trick for removing oil pastel coloring in case you don't want a permanent coloring - basically involves a rigorous scrubbing of a much lighter color (ex. white/tan) and also facial cleansing wipes. Just alternate between them and it will eventually start to clear, though I have admittedly only experimented with removing dark blue and jet black so far.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
AlKelAstra91 wrote:

EDIT: I learned a bit of a trick for removing oil pastel coloring in case you don't want a permanent coloring - basically involves a rigorous scrubbing of a much lighter color (ex. white/tan) and also facial cleansing wipes. Just alternate between them and it will eventually start to clear, though I have admittedly only experimented with removing dark blue and jet black so far.

Oh interesting. I have noticed that pale colours don't really stick to the silicone as well. I've also tried using a paler colour on top of the other colours, but this seem to 'ruin' the body in some way...like it can remove the outer layer of the silicone along with the colour, so I don't dare try it or scrub it too hard. Maybe I've just had some bad luck, but I would still be careful about using this method to remove the oil pastels.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
AlKelAstra91 wrote:Looks pretty good! Though I know little of Luke Cage, I've always seen him looking best in a yellow short-sleeved top of some kind. I know the M36B is the only naturally black-skinned TBLeague body so far, but it is too lean for his bulky physique, I believe. Coloring the entire arms and showing off his iconic guns would look really good! But I totally understand if you don't want to and would like to reuse the body for different purposes, because these things are expensive!

Actually Luke has fad a few different looks. Mine is just another addition utilizing what I had on hand. I went with the long sleeves to cover up is non-matching arm color. I did make the neck match by using s brown Sharpie marker. It works fine for a small area like the neck, but I'm not brave enough to try it on a larger area
like his arms.

I did have him wearing clothes like you mentioned but I wanted a better articulated figure. So I went with the TbL M35 body. Here's a pic of the less articulated body that I ashed together. I just sold it on ebay and got $99 for it. I was very happy with that.

Luke Cage Updated witha TbLeague/Phicen M35 40085867601_99f1c757d2_cDSC07261 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Wow he's huge!! What base body is that?

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
AlKelAstra91 wrote:Wow he's huge!! What base body is that?

The top torso is Maximum Aggression Wrestler body Bobby Lashley
Lower torso is DC Direct 13" Deluxe The Comedian.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum