OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Superman - John Byrne style

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Superman - John Byrne style Empty Superman - John Byrne style Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:52 pm

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
The Sideshow Superman head (and this Crazy Toys recast head) looked too big on the TBL M34 body based on the online vids and pics.
Finally my Worldbox AT027 ripped body arrived!

It's actually a crime to cover up this body with its detailed musculature and body shading but i really had to have my definitive
comics Superman without resorting to those expensive 3rd party offerings.
So this is my John Byrne style comics Superman at 13 & 1/8".
Quite easy to put the suit on, even on the large body, it being hard plastic. The KO blue suit & cape are of good quality for its price,
the red diaper is not so nice, which stained the blue suit.

Neck mod: "Look, Ma! No Dremel!"
Cracked open a HT-clone foot to harvest the ankle socket.
Dipped the neck of the ripped body in very hot water for 2 minutes, then shoved the ankle socket in the neck cavity as deep as possible.
The socket's cut-away part should be at the back so the head can tilt up more for flight pose.
Used HT-clone dumbbell peg as neck peg. There's a noticeable gap between head & neck but it offers a wider range of neck articulation so its all good.

Ankle mod:
Removed the Crazy Toys angled ankle via hot water then glue-gunned HT-clone ankle sockets to the shoes.
I was supposed to lessen ankle the socket cylinder height but was lazy, so that added 1/8" inch to the already-too-tall body.
Worldbox ankle pegs can snugly fit in HT ankle sockets but since the body is so top heavy, i had to apply glue-gun slops in the sockets for more traction.

Superman - John Byrne style Neck_m10        Superman - John Byrne style Feet_m10

Superman - John Byrne style Sm_jb_13
Dammit! Forgot to tape the nipples!
Upper torso looks quite long and the right hip/thigh looks out of place.

Superman - John Byrne style Sm_jb_14
"Sorry, Chris, you'll just have to settle being Superboy from now on..."

Superman - John Byrne style Superm11

Superman - John Byrne style Superm10

Superman - John Byrne style Sm_pg210
"Sorry, PowerGirl... WorldBox made me more... anatomically correct."

Superman - John Byrne style Ww_sm_11
Scales quite well with the Mattel WW for a comics look.

2Superman - John Byrne style Empty Re: Superman - John Byrne style Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:12 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
He does look good. Nicely done mods.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Superman - John Byrne style C8485110

3Superman - John Byrne style Empty Re: Superman - John Byrne style Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:38 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Outstanding my friend.

4Superman - John Byrne style Empty Re: Superman - John Byrne style Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:05 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nicely done. And I thought of "superboy" the moment I saw the comparison between your kitbash and the HT "classic" superman. You resorted to several ingenious modifications and it all looks to have worked out beautifully.

5Superman - John Byrne style Empty Re: Superman - John Byrne style Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:28 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Great to see this body being put to good use. The mods you did to make this work are very creative -- thank you for sharing!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum