OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

261:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:33 pm

Ovy

Tjolnir wrote:hard to say. i paid roughly 1000€ for a 1/6 tiger tank twice, for the first was "destroyed" when a renovation took place in the house it was stored at. so if i got my mind set on a goal i tend to spend ridiculous sums. that being said, no matter how expensive, it remains a background piece with the figures taking the spotlight.

personally i'd buy a 1/6 fallout highwayman (stylized car in the fallout universe) as a background piece, but i wouldn't go above say 150€. even if it was done "poorly" it could be placed into some debris to cover the flaws and painted rusty.
but so far the 1/6 vehicles, apart from ww2 themed expensive collectors items, looked rather low detailed and requiring some major makeover to make them look on par with the quality figures are at nowadays. a skill i sadly don't possess(yet?)
oh, forgot about the space they take up. one complete basement room is filled with some crude buildings and said tiger tank crossing a road so any diorama would need to be large enough you can walk around in to place your stuff.
cheers

ironman1188 wrote:Well, I've got from New Bright
3 Hummer H3,
1 PT Cruiser,
1 VW,
1 Chevy Avalanche,
1 porsche[?],
1 pickup [can't recall which off the top of my head],
2 Radio Shack '69 Camaros,
1 Batman Tumbler [not HT],
1 Maisto motorcycle,
2 New Ray Honda CBR 1000RR,
a few GI Joe jeeps,
1 GI Joe AT helicopter,
1 GI Joe swamp craft,
1 GI Joe Light Strike Vehicle,
3 GI Joe 6 wheel ATV,
1 GI Joe Big Trapper,
2 or 3 GI Joe MSV
probably 5 GI Joe HOF Rhinos,
1 or GI Joe space capsules,
4 or 5 21st Century Humvees [military, fire, police],
a couple 21st Schwimmwagens,
1 or 2 21st Kubelwagens,
2 21st Kettencrads,
3 21st Beech & Crossroads motorcycles,
4 21st helicopters,
2 Action Man Silver Speeders,
1 Action Man Stealth Jet,
2 Max Steel motorcycles,
1 Max Steel MX48 turbo car,
1 HALO Warthog
and that doesn't include the Star Wars 1:6 vehicles
and probably a few that I've overlooked in the vast emptiness that is my head.
But I'd certainly welcome any from a new line like I mentioned.

Wow, we need some pictures here, gentlemen! Laughing

271:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:44 pm

skywalkersaga

Yeah, wow, you are certainly dedicated to the 1/6 vehicles, ironman1188! Seconding in Ovy in the request for pics, especially incorporated with some figures.

Other than the SW stuff -- of which I'd probably be lucky to even afford a speeder -- I'm not really into collecting vehicles, mainly since the majority of my figures would have little use for such things. Ok, I guess my Daryl Dixon could probably do with a motorcycle, though as Stryker pointed out, it's nearly impossible to find them actually to-scale. And not only that, but living in a tiny house in the UK, I barely have room for my small 1/6 figure collection as it is.  I'm much more into collecting 1/6 horses for medieval/fantasy figures, and once able, would gladly pay through the nose for a custom Nohuanda.

But I'm always interested to see others' collections, and yours sounds impressive indeed. Smile

281:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:15 pm

ironman1188

Rogerbee wrote:
There will always be a difference between what a toy company will do and what someone who actually takes the time to get everything right will do. Someone like New Bright isn't going to deliver something dead on.

If you want to see a real 1/6 vehicle taking shape, you should see the Bond Lotus Esprit that Marine Boy is building on SSF, that thing is AMAZING!!

Dead on? No. But recognizable, usable and affordable? Yes.
If I could afford custom made vehicles this thread wouldn't have been necessary. Getting someone to recognize that there IS a market for retail 1:6 vehicles is the first, most important step.

301:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:16 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Whatever does get built, I'd like to see it of appropriate quality...

...'cause I'm going to RC it.

Toma1995

Any ideas where to get the go truck humvee either the social operations version or the full armoured version thanks!!

321:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:51 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Toma1995 wrote:Any ideas where to get the go truck humvee either the social operations version or the full armoured version thanks!!

Hello and welcome. Are you looking for this one?

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Boxed_Vehicle_Go_Truck_1_6_HMMWV_UAH_M1114_GT_01_p/gtb0003.htm

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 C8485110

331:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:24 am

Toma1995

Hi yes that's the one and not sire yet I would make a reasonable offer what price did you have in mind thanks

341:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:15 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don’t own it. I’m not sure if it’s available anywhere anymore, either, and eBay prices for something like that are going to be insane.

351:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:23 pm

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
My absolute bucket list 1/6 vehicle would be to have a fully RC'd Stug III, and I'd be willing to pay for it, some would say an insane amount. I suppose this is because I've gotten used to the types of prices the RC plane world demands, where the minimum for a decent plane is $3-$500 (and you still have to do a fair amount of work to get it flight ready), and I'm not counting the ocean of cheap foamies on the market, many of which actually fly very well. To get a really nice scale warbird close to 1/6 scale with all decent electronics and power system will easily run you up to and often over $2000, not counting your radio which one assumes you already have. So, that's about what I'd be willing to pay. 

Well, it just so happens Armortek has a Stug III available now! And it could be mine for just $7500 fully equipped (but unbuilt) and shipping included!  Rolling Eyes Shocked No

A lot of these Go truck vehicles are actually pretty good values, given their level of finish and detail and how solid they look. And, seeing as how most 1/6 figures these days are going for $2-300, a vehicle going for 4-6 times that is actually not that crazy. You could prioritize that into your budget instead of getting that third or fourth Vader figure, forgoing another version of Avengers this or that, or another must have tactical operator figure. Now if only Gotruck would do a Sturmgeschütz... 

I remember when I did my custom 21C Schwimmwagen years ago, I ended up spending at least $500 for all the components, materials, electronics, etc., and then had to do about 6 months of intensive work, all to kit out a $40 toy.

I was lucky enough to capture this video of a Stug III going back to the garage at Bovington last year. The maintenance director (in the orange vest) took a liking to me and allowed me into the restricted alleyway and parking yard to film some of this footage. I think it was because I excitedly swooned and went on and on about it like a love-struck schoolgirl that he granted me this access when they were moving it off the parade ground:

361:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:00 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
I have to admit, I like and own a couple of New Bright vehicles. Your idea sounds great!

371:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:02 am

Toma1995

What are people selling the humvee for then??,

381:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:06 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Toma1995 wrote:What are people selling the humvee for then??,

Sadly they have shot up in price recently, The hummers are now well over (in my case) £100.00 plus shipping

391:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:08 am

Toma1995

If anyone has one for sale please inbox me thanks

401:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:26 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Toma1995 wrote:If anyone has one for sale please inbox me thanks

If your in the U.S. they always pop up on ebay Very Happy , not so much here in the U.K.

411:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:45 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:My absolute bucket list 1/6 vehicle would be to have a fully RC'd Stug III, and I'd be willing to pay for it, some would say an insane amount. I suppose this is because I've gotten used to the types of prices the RC plane world demands, where the minimum for a decent plane is $3-$500 (and you still have to do a fair amount of work to get it flight ready), and I'm not counting the ocean of cheap foamies on the market, many of which actually fly very well. To get a really nice scale warbird close to 1/6 scale with all decent electronics and power system will easily run you up to and often over $2000, not counting your radio which one assumes you already have. So, that's about what I'd be willing to pay. 

Well, it just so happens Armortek has a Stug III available now! And it could be mine for just $7500 fully equipped (but unbuilt) and shipping included!  Rolling Eyes Shocked No

A lot of these Go truck vehicles are actually pretty good values, given their level of finish and detail and how solid they look. And, seeing as how most 1/6 figures these days are going for $2-300, a vehicle going for 4-6 times that is actually not that crazy. You could prioritize that into your budget instead of getting that third or fourth Vader figure, forgoing another version of Avengers this or that, or another must have tactical operator figure. Now if only Gotruck would do a Sturmgeschütz... 

I remember when I did my custom 21C Schwimmwagen years ago, I ended up spending at least $500 for all the components, materials, electronics, etc., and then had to do about 6 months of intensive work, all to kit out a $40 toy.

I was lucky enough to capture this video of a Stug III going back to the garage at Bovington last year. The maintenance director (in the orange vest) took a liking to me and allowed me into the restricted alleyway and parking yard to film some of this footage. I think it was because I excitedly swooned and went on and on about it like a love-struck schoolgirl that he granted me this access when they were moving it off the parade ground:

That is a cool video, TGF. That’s funny that how you got him to let you film that.

421:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:19 am

Toma1995

Morning guys! I know they have long sold out but I'm after damtotd delta force somalia figures please if anyone has any of the team for sale also after 1/6 helicopter not the little bird or either diorama for a wall display thanks!

431:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:18 am

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Stryker2011 wrote:That is a cool video, TGF. That’s funny that how you got him to let you film that.

Thanks Stryker! Yeah, I guess there are sometimes advantages to being the only girl in the room (we paid for the private VIP tour group). Actually, there were three of us, but I was the only one interested in tanks! Everyone could tell from the huge giddy smile on my face I was in tank heaven. I think that might have been the most fun I've ever had at any museum! It's an absolute bucket list destination for anyone into military history (of the mechanized era).

441:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:39 am

doodlehobby

I only have a 1/6 motorcycle and that is already too big and takes up space. Don't have anything else really. The cost and space alone is usually prohibitive for me. For vehicles and mecha, I generally go after much smaller scales due to this.

451:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Yeah, some cars or bikes would be great! Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:05 pm

ben_kadeesh

It's in fact a real pity that there are almost no GOOD 1/6 vehicles are on the market and that almost all of the few I found are military vehicles of mostly low quality for a high price.
As to cars I so far only found those of Barbie and Ken which are too small and not too realistic.
Well, except for some RC-cars without interior and one "back to the Future" DeLorean for over 6.000 USD.
MAISTO has a decent BMW 1200 bike for an almost reasonable price, but I'm not sure if the scale is true 1/6.

Anyway, I'll keep up my search until I find some good stuff for a reasonable price.

btw: does any of you guys have a 1/6 Merkava or at least an M113 Zelda to offer?

santa Merry X-mas,rendeer
ben_kadeesh

461:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:02 pm

GregT

ben_kadeesh wrote: As to cars I so far only found those of Barbie and Ken which are too small and not too realistic.

here's a New Bright R/C vee-dub I've had for a long time
1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 VW_in_the_jungle(1)

471:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:19 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice VW, Greg.

481:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:26 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That VW actually looks pretty good.

491:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:30 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:
Monkey Rabbit Studios has a StugIII, but it's not RC

ben_kadeesh wrote:
As to cars I so far only found those of Barbie and Ken which are too small and not too realistic.

Barbie cars are closer to 1/8.

They kinda work though. And are damn cheap to find (at least here in the Netherlands). Found one for my Lexi for just €4.
1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Img_3610

Action Man stuff is better on scale. I got a motorbike for her (also €4).
1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Img_3510

But I admit they're not really realistic.

From Action Man there's a nice 4x4 jeep (since I've only joined today, I can't add links, but you can easily find it on Google).

501:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:35 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The Action Man stuff isn’t too bad. Here’s a link of vehicles on Cotswold Collectibles:

https://www.gijoeelite.com/search.asp?keyword=Keep&search=

511:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:25 pm

GregT

GregT wrote:here's a New Bright R/C vee-dub...
I forgot to include the dimensions--
L     25 3/4"
w    10 3/4
H      9 1/4
w/b 15 1/4
it's a little shy of 1/6, methinks

521:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:15 pm

mvde27

Ive seen some 3D prints of partial vehicles for Dios. That makes more sense in terms of size. Im trying to get my hands on a Crown Vic for Cabs or patrol cars

531:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:46 pm

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
I’ve been thinking about picking up a 1/6 scale sport bike (crotch-rocket) lately and would love to find an 04-05 Suzuki GSXR-600/750 myself since I used to own one. The closest I can find is that New Bright(?) Honda CBR-1000. I may pick that one up anyway since sportsbikes in this scale tend to be scarce.

Just wondering how well the TBL 1/6’s will fit...

541:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:14 am

m76

m76
If you are willing to build a model kit, dragon models has a few 1/6 scale kits, like this willis jeep.

Which I got myself, decided to go for the desert color scheme with it.
1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Jeep0110

1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Jeep0310

1:6 vehicles, how much would you pay? - Page 2 Jeep0410

It works well with smaller figures, like the PLSB2021-S44 in the picture. But the legroom is not enough for the taller phicen ones.

Working lights are not part of the kit, those are my addition.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum