OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A 1/6 look at Yemen, Kashmir, and the Jordan Valley

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GregT

Iranian IRGC
A 1/6 look at Yemen, Kashmir, and the Jordan Valley IMG_8566_zpsmlxlkffl

A 1/6 look at Yemen, Kashmir, and the Jordan Valley IMG_8598_zpsfd12ormi

A 1/6 look at Yemen, Kashmir, and the Jordan Valley IMG_8584_zpsknejhkam

Houthi rebel with a Saudi war trophy
A 1/6 look at Yemen, Kashmir, and the Jordan Valley IMG_8582_zpsx213pcma

A 1/6 look at Yemen, Kashmir, and the Jordan Valley IMG_8554_zpsq4kjslrt

it's funny how Hasbro's odd, yellow choco-chip resembles the Quds Force uniform--
https://www.thetrumpet.com/15742-iran-army-to-transform-into-more-offensive-force

Houthis in Yemeni army uniforms
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/yemen-war-latest-houthi-rebels-withdrawal-port-ceasefire-dispute-a8910226.html

Private Security Contractor in Israel
A 1/6 look at Yemen, Kashmir, and the Jordan Valley IMG_8577_zpsyyln0rgi

A 1/6 look at Yemen, Kashmir, and the Jordan Valley IMG_8575_zps0dgiah26

Police presence in Kashmir
(really a stretch on this one, does not even remotely resemble the India RAF uniform but
this is a flashpoint in our pre-apocalyptic era, I'm very interested in how it all unfolds)
A 1/6 look at Yemen, Kashmir, and the Jordan Valley IMG_8590_zps2rel355h

https://www.shutterstock.com/editorial/image-editorial/kashmir-jammu-india-09-aug-2019-10358211c

A 1/6 look at Yemen, Kashmir, and the Jordan Valley IMG_8586_zpsvcujrorp

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I'm not knowledable on the topic but they do look great. As for the hasbro uniforms, a lot of old 1/6 uniforms including hasbro, soldier of the world, and some 21st century toys uniforms don't resemble the ones they are supposed to, I guess they went for "Close to" and instead ended up making a uniform that was closer to another they had no intention of making.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! A 1/6 look at Yemen, Kashmir, and the Jordan Valley 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They all look very good to me, but I know next to nothing about these guys and their uniforms.

Macuk

Macuk
Nice, interesting subjects

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice job on all of them. I worked as a private security contractor myself, but most of my experience was in business suits with concealed hardware (as much as possible) — only rarely did I have to gear up like the one you presented here.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A 1/6 look at Yemen, Kashmir, and the Jordan Valley C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice job on all of them. I worked as a private security contractor myself, but most of my experience was in business suits with concealed hardware (as much as possible) — only rarely did I have to gear up like the one you presented here.

Well, I hope you did not have to use that rocket launcher all too often. Anyway, respect to you, sir.

I like the Sunglasses-Iranian the most, the light looks very natural and hot, like midday sun in Jordan Valley. Or how imagine it.

But pre apocalyptic era? Do you know something we don't? Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice job on all of them. I worked as a private security contractor myself, but most of my experience was in business suits with concealed hardware (as much as possible) — only rarely did I have to gear up like the one you presented here.

Well, I hope you did not have to use that rocket launcher all too often. Anyway, respect to you, sir.

Well, I never had an opportunity to use a rocket launcher (or a grenade launcher), and I didn’t do that kind of work for a government. Political exiles and private individuals was where I did my work (here in the States, and in South America). Dangerous times, but I was relatively young and wanted excitement — I got a LOT more than I expected, that’s for sure. With all the extra mini-me heads I’ve gathered, I’ve been debating sharing some of my experiences (but I have serious reservations). My motivations for doing that sort of work weren’t altruistic, or even politically motivated, as much as they were mercenary — I made serious money doing it; but it ultimately cost me a lot in the end — and not just financially.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A 1/6 look at Yemen, Kashmir, and the Jordan Valley C8485110

PitViper

PitViper
Excellent bashes. Quite inspiring indeed. Good to see how you've put the good ol' Hasbro choco-chip uniform to good use. Thanks for posting these.

Ovy

Ovy
Stryker2011 wrote:
Ovy wrote:

Well, I never had an opportunity to use a rocket launcher (or a grenade launcher), and I didn’t do that kind of work for a government. Political exiles and private individuals was where I did my work (here in the States, and in South America). Dangerous times, but I was relatively young and wanted excitement — I got a LOT more than I expected, that’s for sure. With all the extra mini-me heads I’ve gathered, I’ve been debating sharing some of my experiences (but I have serious reservations). My motivations for doing that sort of work weren’t altruistic, or even politically motivated, as much as they were mercenary — I made serious money doing it; but it ultimately cost me a lot in the end — and not just financially.
You are sharing a lot here already, thanks for the information. Please only do what you are comfortable with.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Nicely done sir!

Ephiane

Ephiane
Oh, i missed this. Great Work ! I remember my time there.... many Years ago.

A 1/6 look at Yemen, Kashmir, and the Jordan Valley 00811

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, Ephiane, that’s awesome you’ve been able to visit Iran. Despite the fact that I have Persian heritage (my dad is from Iran), I’ve never been able to go. Not out of lack of desire, but because my family belongs to a religion that is heavily persecuted there (which is the reason my father fled his home country in the first place). It would be dangerous to try to visit, so I’ve sadly never been. I love to look at photos and dream about it, though. :’)

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ephiane

Ephiane
All i can say is the people there are very friendly. It´s the gouvernment that is ( censord )Laughing  like in many other countrys. I hope for You that will change and You can visit the Iran.

Sorry for highjacking the Thread. But i spended one the best nights of my live in my hotelroom in the Azadi In in Teheran. There´s no nightlife there, so we made a poker round with colleagues. Believe it or not.... i won ONE MILLION ( Iranian Riad )  Laughing  Not many People can say they won a million by a poker game

A 1/6 look at Yemen, Kashmir, and the Jordan Valley 00610

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Congratulations. And nicely presented too! I wonder how many Hot Toys you can buy with that! Wink

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ha, that's an awesome photo, Eph. :'D

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking bashes! They all look great! top work

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Forgot to ask Ephiane what headsculpt that is?

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Ephiane wrote:All i can say is the people there are very friendly. It´s the gouvernment that is ( censord )Laughing  like in many other countrys. I hope for You that will change and You can visit the Iran.

Sorry for highjacking the Thread. But i spended one the best nights of my live in my hotelroom in the Azadi In in Teheran. There´s no nightlife there, so we made a poker round with colleagues. Believe it or not.... i won ONE MILLION ( Iranian Riad )  Laughing  Not many People can say they won a million by a poker game

A 1/6 look at Yemen, Kashmir, and the Jordan Valley 00610

every Iranian I've ever met in Canada is very polite, friendly, generally soft-spoken and despises the Iranian regime. Their civilization is one of the oldest in the world but and the regime that runs Iran is simply not an accurate reflection of the people they govern.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum