OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

clothes damaging Phicen/Jiaou Doll bodies?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

drachenkinder

drachenkinder
I'm making clothes from my Phicen and Jiaou Doll bodies and I'm wondering if anyone has issues other then staining? Will microweave, polyester or pleather cause degradation of the skin? I ask because I saw one instance where a lady stored a Phicen and a plastic doll together and it caused them both to melt where they were in contact. It makes me leery of the plastic boots now.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Humidity and major changes in temp are going to be your worst enemy for anything. Keep everything in a cool, dark, and humidity stable environment, and you should be okay. But, yes -- beware of staining. Soak everything in Rit-Dye (or a Distilled White Vinegar/Water bath) until the color no longer leaches out of the cloth/pleather, etc.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

clothes damaging Phicen/Jiaou Doll bodies? C8485110

drachenkinder

drachenkinder
Thanks. I will do the vinegar soak. Not really going to be able to do much about the humidity, but I'll keep them out of the light. Good to know that staining is the only issue. I can line the pleather to help prevent that.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Pleather is a very common offender, whereas cloth varies, depending on how it was dyed and processed. If you can keep to lighter colors, there should be almost no issues; with darker ones you have to watch out. Lining pleather or cloth to keep them from staining has proven to be surprisingly difficult and futile, in my experience. Remember that if you need to delint the figures with a lint brush or wash them, you will need to reapply protective powder.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum