OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D Empty Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:48 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Some ebay sellers have recently started to offer new versions of the Jiaou dolls that I haven't seen advertised elsewhere. The newest version is the JOQ 16D, which seems to be a completely new body mold. As I could get it at a reasonable price of about 55$, I went ahead and ordered one to test it.

The body came in a standdard Jiaou package with extra hands and feet, a flexible figure stand and a bikini swimsuit. Note that it has no genitals/nipples, so I kept the pictures uncensored. Still, viewer discretion is advised, as this might be consideredl NSFW.

Comparison with other bodies:
Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D MEC878Z_t
The 16D BS01 is realtively thin. The broad shoulders riminded me strongly of the proportions of the TBL S23B. The 16D is a clear improvement over the 10C whose legs and abdomen are less defined/ unrealistically shaped.

Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D MEC873W_t

Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D MEC8702_t

Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D MEC8704_t

Posing is not as good as with TBL bodies, but still acceptable. Joints move not as smoothly, as I'm used form other bodies.
Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D MEC8705_t

Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D MEC8709_t

In conclusion, the 16D is anatomically better proportioned than earlier JD bodies, but still features a very thin waist and very broad shoulders. It is relatively large and might be useful for heads with slightly darker skintone.

2Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D Empty Re: Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:33 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I like the proportions, especially the hourglass waist and the nipple-less chest, finally!
It's also quite an accurate body for Jessica Biel so good going there.
It might be a good substitute for the S12D as I'm looking for something like S12D with mid-sized chest.
A thousand thanks to you, Randam!

3Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D Empty Re: Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:29 pm

Diana

Diana
Thank you for these very useful photos!

Good catch on the S23A/B. I'd say this design was definitely meant to steal some of those customers. And it's like they listened to the comments! The legs, while not as beautifully crafted, work much better. The atomic thighs of the S23A/B look weird and are often a problem with tight fitting pants. These Jiaous probably won't have that problem.

The sculpting is not as nice, but this looks like a nice body! Perfect, if the S23 is too muscular.

The upper body of the S23 is my favorite though, mainly for the beautifully sculpted shoulders and the way it wears tank tops, so it's tough competition. Smile

4Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D Empty Re: Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:31 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice comparisons.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D C8485110

5Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D Empty Re: Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:44 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the review, Ralf. Looks like a nice enough body, with its advantages and disadvantages (height, less detail -- I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it). And beautifully illustrated.

6Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D Empty Re: Jiaou Doll JOQ 16D Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:12 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Interesting find. Not really a body that appeals to me, but it's good to know it's out there as an option in case.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum