OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Empty Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:07 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
With the recent holidays I haven't had much extra funds to invest in new figures/accessories/etc., so I end up re-using/modding stuff on other characters. I also started playing Fallout 4 recently and it inspired me to try out a similar style. I like to imagine my MC as a time-traveler on a secret mission - that's my BS explanation for why his appearance always changes. Razz He discovered the ancient remains of the alien character's armor and equipped them.

Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Img_2120
Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Img_2121
Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Img_2122
Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Img_2123
Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Img_2124
Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Img_2125Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Img_2126
Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Img_2127
Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Img_2128

2Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Empty Re: Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:21 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This character is looking pretty good, and the details are great.

3Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Empty Re: Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:01 am

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I absolutely adore the aesthetic of your figs - all grimy and weathered, yet colourful!

4Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Empty Re: Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:57 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I like his new face paint, and those poses are excellent. Gotta agree with Lynkhart that your use of colour is unique and you have such a trademark style overall. I feel you on not having much spending funds atm, lol -- but you still managed to do something great with him all the same. :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Empty Re: Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:03 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep. What everyone has already pointed out. Cool aesthetic to your characters — the time travel element is always fun.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante C8485110

6Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Empty Re: Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:31 pm

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
This is cool! Cool!!! And Cool!!! I like his facepaint so much!! I can have only one critic about the knife/ little sword placement in front of his belly, that might affect how he sneaking or bending waist in real-life action movement, maybe could put on his back instead... but then everything is impressive .. What a Face

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

7Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Empty Re: Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:48 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Lynkhart wrote:I absolutely adore the aesthetic of your figs - all grimy and weathered, yet colourful!
Ye, this. And what the other guys said. Really enjoyed your style over this rather creative year.

The stitching on his back is just great, never really noticed it before somehow.

And that copper gadget thingy looks like a Victorian era time machine, so your idea makes aboslute sense!

8Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Empty Re: Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:27 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Thanks for the feedback you guys, I'm happy everyone enjoys this version of the character so much!!! I'm definitely a sucker for implementing pops of color in most of my works. Next I'm planning to give him a western outfit - a cowboy hat, suspenders, slacks, actual cowboy boots, the whole shebang. lol

lawlaw91 wrote:This is cool! Cool!!! And Cool!!! I like his facepaint so much!! I can have only one critic about the knife/ little sword placement in front of his belly, that might affect how he sneaking or bending waist in real-life action movement, maybe could put on his back instead... but then everything is impressive .. What a Face

Thank you! The face paint is a defining trait and I know some didn't want me to paint this headsculpt, but I just find it helps make the eyes and overall expression more intense. For the weapon placement, I've also considered this and placing it more to the side for more plausible movement. Previous designs had it sheathed to his back, I just wanted to try something different here.

Ovy wrote:
Lynkhart wrote:I absolutely adore the aesthetic of your figs - all grimy and weathered, yet colourful!
Ye, this. And what the other guys said. Really enjoyed your style over this rather creative year.

The stitching on his back is just great, never really noticed it before somehow.

And that copper gadget thingy looks like a Victorian era time machine, so your idea makes aboslute sense!

Much appreciated! Everyone's work here has also given me inspiration for new ideas to mash up and play around with. The wrist gadget I found in a jewelry kit, I love finding random treasures in normal items that can be implemented in 1/6 scale and appear as something completely different.

And glad you finally noticed the jacket symbol. Razz It's like the character's mysterious family/clan crest. I drew it up on some cloth a long time ago and used fabric glue to give an embroidered appearance. I don't actually sew on this scale so fabric glue is almost always my go-to!

9Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Empty Re: Post-Apocalyptic Vigilante Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:11 am

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
AlKelAstra91 wrote:

lawlaw91 wrote:This is cool! Cool!!! And Cool!!! I like his facepaint so much!! I can have only one critic about the knife/ little sword placement in front of his belly, that might affect how he sneaking or bending waist in real-life action movement, maybe could put on his back instead... but then everything is impressive .. What a Face

Thank you! The face paint is a defining trait and I know some didn't want me to paint this headsculpt, but I just find it helps make the eyes and overall expression more intense. For the weapon placement, I've also considered this and placing it more to the side for more plausible movement. Previous designs had it sheathed to his back, I just wanted to try something different here.

It is no right or wrong to do something on headsculpt, just like I always cut some parts of the body for further articulation range, the only thing is, you should not regret what have you done Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum