OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Conall Cernach-- Irish legend and folklore

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Conall Cernach-- Irish legend and folklore Empty Conall Cernach-- Irish legend and folklore Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:32 pm

GregT

Conall Cernach-- Irish legend and folklore IMG_5071_zps735305e9

I got acquainted with the legends of pre-Christian Ireland in Bulfinch's Mythology, and like most folklore and studies of cultural history,
the more you read about it the deeper it goes! Some parts of the Ulster Cycle can be dated back to the 7th century, so this rendition
of the mythic Conall Cernach has all the obligatory Early Medieval accouterments plus the completely unnecessary long flowing hair.

At Conall's birth, Druids came to baptise the infant into paganism adding that
"...he will not be a night without the head of a Connachtman on his belt..."
Conall Cernach-- Irish legend and folklore IMG_5084_zpsbaba051d

Conall Cernach-- Irish legend and folklore 926644d5-bb32-4acb-b98d-9203eea68849_zps550be0fc

here's a fantasy sword I fashioned from a Toledo letter opener
Conall Cernach-- Irish legend and folklore Fragarach016_zps8911359a

inspired by Jake Powning's Farbauti.  Beautiful sword, very graceful design, elegant--
http://www.powning.com/jake/images/1farbauti11.jpg

Conall Cernach-- Irish legend and folklore Fragarach020_zps1c3c1310

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice figure, Greg! You've done a great job putting it together. And beautifully presented, too.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very well done. I’d like to see a full shot of his winter gear, as well — looks great.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Conall Cernach-- Irish legend and folklore C8485110

Ephiane

Ephiane
Very nice figure ! May i ask what body did You use ? Chainmail, Trousers and feetware are is a fantastic historycal style

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Very cool figure and representation (Though I do not know the legend behind him), the chainmail is also quite nice too.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Conall Cernach-- Irish legend and folklore 1f60e

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
How awesome -- I especially love his trousers!!! 

Really unique figure, very refreshing to see here. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GregT

Stryker--
here he is under a cold winter sun in robe and fur hat commandeered from a forest-folk Christmas angel
Conall Cernach-- Irish legend and folklore IMG_5067_zps3d54ba27

Ephiane--
it's this guy... I don't remember, is this the first muscle body Hot Toys put out?
Conall Cernach-- Irish legend and folklore IMG_8645_zpssicehxfe

Boo-bomb--
the mail is one of those chain-mesh cigarette pouches turned inside-out,
rows un-linked for arm and neck holes and to get it on him, then re-linked for a tight fit.

thanks for all the kind comments!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Brilliant! Thanks for the extra shots and info. That chain mail pouch is inspired.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Conall Cernach-- Irish legend and folklore C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Really great work, and that winter gear is fantastic. That beautiful fur hat and everything else of fur looks just so very right in scale.

blackpool

blackpool
Superb work, the result is stunning, especially all the mixes of fabrics fur and leather!

Thanks for sharing!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Quite an awesome figure!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
When I first commented on this, I’d somehow missed the explanation of the inspiration for the sword. Kudos for mentioning Jake Powning and his exquisite work! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
Thanks Photogs for digging up all these GregTacular treasures again!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
So rad!!!  How did I miss this when you originally posted?!  I love the more historic feel of the figure, even though he's a folkloric character that would easily lend itself to more fantastic elements.  And such a great idea, using the inside of that mesh material as mail.  It looks awesome.  And I'll echo the above sentiment, love his trousers.  Seriously cool.

ZombieTestSubject

Isn't that muscle body a CM one? Anyway, I love your custom character. He looks great, and tho I dont know all the background seems to bridge between myth and realistic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum