OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rebel Soldier

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rebel Soldier Empty Rebel Soldier Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:15 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Rebel Soldier 49358830296_96dd3c96a3_c

This one was a bit of an experiment.

Base body is Jakku Finn, Greedo Arms and Resistance Trooper Head.

I was gonna go Full Endor and make a donut style helmet but went the Scarif route instead.

The helmet is a WWII style GI Helmet from a Sgt. Rock I had in the fodder pile, with a hockey tape cover. The armor band was sculpted from Green Stuff. It’s only my second time using that stuff.

The Deathstick container is part of a zip tie, the death stick is a paper clip, and little tubey thingie is a piece of aluminum pin rivet. His helmet band is electrical tape.

His combat vest is made from hockey tape with carnation ribbon.

His pack is a POTF piece painted and with ribbon for shoulder straps.

The gaiters are hockey tape and ribbon as well because I’m consistent.

His utility belt is the strap from a NECA Aliens motion detector with a piece of an old gift card cut for a buckle. His pouches are from a McFarlane Military figure, and one from a 1/18 Cobra Pilot.
Rebel Soldier 49358830281_8db9b7dba0_c
Rebel Soldier 49359034372_023c3086a0_c

2Rebel Soldier Empty Re: Rebel Soldier Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:29 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This looks excellent. Apart from the good choices of elements to be put together, the way you painted the figure and the textures you used make it look like something in bigger scale than it is.

3Rebel Soldier Empty Re: Rebel Soldier Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:55 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well done. I can only echo the Guv in your ingenuity of combining so many different elements to make a whole.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Rebel Soldier C8485110

4Rebel Soldier Empty Re: Rebel Soldier Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:56 am

Ovy

Ovy
Good job sir, different material use makes everything look more believable.

The use of that strong green is great, nice contrast to the rest. Particular reason why you chose a bright green instead of your typical gritty toned down color schemes, like olive?

5Rebel Soldier Empty Re: Rebel Soldier Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:55 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks a lot for checking this out guys!

Appreciate your kinds words.

Ovy, I opted for the different Green mostly as an experiment.I wanted to go more for the Endor style look, and something a bit more 'traditional' military, as well as suitable for a forest...a lot of different elements, really.

I may yet hit him with a wash to tone down the green, I'll have to see how he photographs in the natural environment first.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum