OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[5/20/21] Yo u n g a n d b e a u t i f u l A n t i n o u s

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Valiarde

Just take them to the next holi festival

These prints came out really nice and smooth. With the right "stone" color they would look like real marble, basalt or whatever you like them.
Might be interested in future busts or lil statues too, depending on project. Smile

skywalkersaga

Wow, had almost forgotten that these guys hailed from the pre-Covidian era! Shocked

And thanks for sharing the pics here. It might be a while before I can put the finishing touches on Antinous and incorporate him into a proper dio, and your excellent 3D printing work deserves to be admired in the meantime. [5/20/21] Yo u n g   a n d   b e a u t i f u l  A n t i n o u s - Page 4 1f495

tankgirlfuzzy

Whoa! I'm not sure I "get" this from a 1/6 hobby perspective, but the artistic quotient of this project is actually museum worthy! I could totally see this on exhibit at an art gallery, especially when you use that backdrop. I'm the daughter of a painter (modern abstract) so I've been visiting museums and galleries since I could walk and yeah, it's worthy, it's that original and creative. If you made it 1/1 scale you could probably sell it for a few hundred thousand dollars!

Theboo-bomb

That's cool, and they sort of have kissy faces when they are near another face, , I can imagine them painting the statue like themselves.

KamenRider2049

😲😲😲

Fantastic work! Lots of creativity all around with the back story, paints, clothing, and the custom scratch builds.

Just wondering if you needed any sealant for the acrylic paint on the bodies to keep them from rubbing off or chipping when the bodies are repositioned.

brassco

brassco
Frankly speakin, these are the only 1/6th that i honestly thought are alive! I couldn't even get out an ounce of life off my own 1/6ths...

Just amazing...!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
KamenRider2049 wrote:😲😲😲

Fantastic work! Lots of creativity all around with the back story, paints, clothing, and the custom scratch builds.

Just wondering if you needed any sealant for the acrylic paint on the bodies to keep them from rubbing off or chipping when the bodies are repositioned.

I think the body paint was oil pastel. Check out the Painting Seamless Bodies Tutorial.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t260-painting-seamless-bodies-nsfw

BAMComix

BAMComix
I can honestly say, I have never seen anything quite like this before, your characters are so unique! It is a very creative and intriguing concept. Well done Very Happy

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:LOL Very nicely printed and presented, Ovy. I'm sure Hadrian would have approved. Or maybe not. But it was fun. I always suspected those were kissy faces after all. Wink
Thanks a lot, yeah I guess Hadrian would have made them priests of the Antinous cult or whatever. Razz

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Hahaha!! I had almost forgotten you created these colorful taffy people, it has been so long since we've seen them. Am I the only one who is reminded of that old Fruit Stripe gum that came with kid's tattoos? Like I know it's weird to say, but I imagine that is what they would taste like if they were made of candy. lol
Thanks so much, and yeah they probably have a fruity scent.

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice presentation. That is really well printed, and of course your whistlers do indeed like kissing faces.
Yes they were sad that he is so empty and grey, so they gave him some color in his post museum life.

Ephiane wrote:Such amazing work. I love them and the names You gave them. Smile
Ther´s nothing You can top the work with.... maybe outdoor pictures ? I don´t know wht can be a good location for whistling rainbow guys.... ? must be a place with a surreal touch ?
Thanks, I was thinking of placing painted stones outside for these outdoor shots. Very Happy

GubernatorFan wrote:
Ephiane wrote:I don´t know wht can be a good location for whistling rainbow guys.... ? must be a place with a surreal touch ?

Maybe a rainbow eucalyptus forest? Or its photo displayed on a print or computer screen. Smile
Or Tulips. Or those rainbow colored mountains in Peru.

Valiarde wrote:Just take them to the next holi festival

These prints came out really nice and smooth. With the right "stone" color they would look like real marble, basalt or whatever you like them.
Might be interested in future busts or lil statues too, depending on project.  Smile
Thanks a lot! Yeah the right primer and a slightly glossy marble like clearcoat might do the trick.

skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, had almost forgotten that these guys hailed from the pre-Covidian era! Shocked

And thanks for sharing the pics here. It might be a while before I can put the finishing touches on Antinous and incorporate him into a proper dio, and your excellent 3D printing work deserves to be admired in the meantime. [5/20/21] Yo u n g   a n d   b e a u t i f u l  A n t i n o u s - Page 4 1f495
Well they hail from Pre Covidian but then they were already post super pandemic in their universe.

Thanks a lot, it was a great idea of you printing him!

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Whoa! I'm not sure I "get" this from a 1/6 hobby perspective, but the artistic quotient of this project is actually museum worthy! I could totally see this on exhibit at an art gallery, especially when you use that backdrop. I'm the daughter of a painter (modern abstract) so I've been visiting museums and galleries since I could walk and yeah, it's worthy, it's that original and creative. If you made it 1/1 scale you could probably sell it for a few hundred thousand dollars!
Thanks a lot! So you are an expert, great to know! Do you paint too?
And if you know someone will buy this for a few hundred thousand dollars I will happily make them in 1/1 scale. xD

Thanks so much! A bit late, but Gubernator already posted a link, it's indeed oil pastells and not acrylics.

brassco wrote:Frankly speakin, these are the only 1/6th that i honestly thought are alive! I couldn't even get out an ounce of life off my own 1/6ths...

Just amazing...!
Thanks a lot. I think there are multiple factors that make them appear more alive:

- of course the expression heads by facepool and the tbleague bodies, but also
- them looking directly into the camera
- the faces being painted in a colorful way, making them more acceptable in an artificial environment and the eyes appear more alive
-  slight grain effect dissolving the smoothens of the skin
-  them being placed next to a realistic but obviously non alive bust of a human as contrast

GubernatorFan wrote:

I think the body paint was oil pastel. Check out the Painting Seamless Bodies Tutorial.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t260-painting-seamless-bodies-nsfw
Thanks Guby for clearing that up!

BAMComix wrote:I can honestly say, I have never seen anything quite like this before, your characters are so unique! It is a very creative and intriguing concept. Well done Very Happy
Thanks so much!

I ordered a 500g PVC canvas for an exhibition and it arrived today. It cost 60€, it's 340*170cm and very sturdy, great printing quality.
60€ is quite some money, but if you think of it, you could fit over a dozen posters on there. That would be 5€ for a 1/6 background. I will keep that in mind.

The motive I made fits these two colorwise, so I took some pics with them standing on the canvas.
[5/20/21] Yo u n g   a n d   b e a u t i f u l  A n t i n o u s - Page 4 PSX-20210607-140152

[5/20/21] Yo u n g   a n d   b e a u t i f u l  A n t i n o u s - Page 4 PSX-20210607-131549

[5/20/21] Yo u n g   a n d   b e a u t i f u l  A n t i n o u s - Page 4 PSX-20210607-131939

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
How appropriate. All this colorfulness makes them fit in and, in a sense, blend in, just like it is their own tropical environment. Although it is in plain sight, it took me a second to figure out where the body/wings ended and the background began. Nice find.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Ovy wrote:
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Whoa! I'm not sure I "get" this from a 1/6 hobby perspective, but the artistic quotient of this project is actually museum worthy! I could totally see this on exhibit at an art gallery, especially when you use that backdrop. I'm the daughter of a painter (modern abstract) so I've been visiting museums and galleries since I could walk and yeah, it's worthy, it's that original and creative. If you made it 1/1 scale you could probably sell it for a few hundred thousand dollars!
Thanks a lot! So you are an expert, great to know! Do you paint too?
And if you know someone will buy this for a few hundred thousand dollars I will happily make them in 1/1 scale. xD
No, I did some painting in school but never really followed through with it. And, to be clear, I'm no expert. I took some art history and painting and sculpture, but that's it. Being the child of an artist definitely doesn't make one an expert, only that I was exposed to lots of it at a young age. 

And yeah, for a few hundred thou, I'll make whatever anyone wants, provided I'm capable. I've always said I wouldn't do commissions, but I guess for the right price... Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Those are some cool images. They almost disappear n the print. Awesome.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[5/20/21] Yo u n g   a n d   b e a u t i f u l  A n t i n o u s - Page 4 C8485110

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Wow! What beautiful art you have created! I stumbled onto this thread and I must say incredible work! They both look magnificent!! Bravo!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oooh, your psychedelic artwork looks amazing printed as a banner! And they go perfectly with it, of course! :'D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum