OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dragons of Suleria [Fantasy]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  Empty Dragons of Suleria [Fantasy] Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:15 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

Today I was looking through my figures to see what I would photograph and I chose one of my fantasy figures  (Only 3, got bitten by the star wars bug again👽). I had been working on these guys for some time but I put them aside sometime late december to work on the wall and some other figures, this guy was my first and originally he was going to be a sort of heavy grenadier knight but I didn't like how he looked so I started to change him until I did this guy we see here, I then changed a very bad looking "Grenade launcher" I had cobbled up together for a nock gun I had bought from Cotswold YEARS ago (I don't even remember when I bought it). The nock gun is a real gun but the way it looks make it quite easy to place into a fantasy setting, of the stuff this guy is wearing I made the belt and cartridge pouch and the bag he has, the key and design on the pouch are from a small bag of 98 cent keys from Capri (local store)

Dragons of Suleria

Shortly after the end of the Human Elven war and the dissolution of the Elven command in upper Amarpa the humans found themselves at war with each other, during the 600 years of elven occupation Amarpa was dominated and influenced by the Elven empire who conquered the human continent with relative ease due to humanity's lack of technological achievement at the time, the only kingdoms not fully conquered where the Border Kingdoms, also known as the 13 Crowns. After the end of the human elven war the Nortlands started to take shape, kingdoms, principalities,  and many other governments started to form often times thanks to the leadership of the one time revolutionary leaders however those Nortlanders did not forget the "treason" of the 13 Crowns, they did not forget being abandoned by these kingdoms who benefited greatly due to their more advanced societies. So on 14th of Dacambar the Nortlander King, Vrilor the Scarred launched his attack against the Province of Nortvale, the provice of the Kingdom of Suleria was formed after the end of the human elven war against the wishes of King Vrilor who had stated that the province was in his kingdom and as such the Sulerians in the area where attacking his kingdom and Sovereignty. The attack against the province was a bloody one, Sulerian officials where dragged out and executed while "supporters", half elves and even dwarves where taken to the bridge that  crossed over River Vilet and executed in a most gruesome manner.
King Marendius the III would hear the news of the attack on the 20th of Dacambar at which point he rallied the Sulerian army and proceeded to move his troops to the Nortlands where they would engage in combat on the 24th. However the Sulerian troops where ill prepared for this type of warfare, the enemy had entrenched itself making most Sulerian tactics useless and forcing the troops to entrench themselves too, at this point King Merendius wrote a letter to Four of the closest  Dwarven Kramluks seeking military aid, of those only Warking Gulbrag would respond, he would send both the Dwarven Siegebreakers and new weapons such as multibarreled riffles, and heavy artillery.  From this the Dragons of Suleria would be born, a specialized unit of humans trained by dwarves to storm the trenches and fortresses that the enemies had built, the unit armed with Thorkalian Multi-barrelled flintlocks proved to be no match for the ill equipped enemy who relied on old firesticks and swords to fight, the battle in the trenches and fortresses was bloody and the unit earned it's nickname the Dragons of Suleria due to their rifles. In the end the Province was retaken but it did not stop the war, soon after the Nortlandian kingdoms would unite to fight against the 13 Crowns, plunging Amarpa into a 40 year long war.
Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  MM1rF12
Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  SlPitH8
Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  EAfKCW1
Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  Tyr02mx
Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  Is2f5hG

Well that's all for today, I made this guy out of a mix of items including a pair of soldiers of the worlds boots from that loot I got back when I made my Troops of Spanish Colonial Puerto Rico, the rest is a mixture of dragon parts and pieces of a Marxx Knight that I had bought some time ago and was storing, overall it was a very fun figure to put together and quite challenging in terms of getting it to look a certain way, but it was fun just like the other two that I hope to post soon.  As for now have fun, stay safe and enjoy the weekend.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  1f60e

2Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  Empty Re: Dragons of Suleria [Fantasy] Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:05 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool fantasy character (with a somewhat unusual setting) and elaborate back story.

3Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  Empty Re: Dragons of Suleria [Fantasy] Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:56 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is one wild backstory. Nice character build— oddly, many of the parts work great together, and look far more realistic than one would imagine. Nice job.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  C8485110

4Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  Empty Re: Dragons of Suleria [Fantasy] Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:21 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
A very complex and unique backstory! I do agree that he looks somehow more 'historical' than a lot of stereotypical fantasy characters, and I rather like that you took a different approach with the style.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  Empty Re: Dragons of Suleria [Fantasy] Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:48 am

Ovy

Ovy
He looks really good, great job. One of your best customs I'd say. With the multi barrel gun he reminds me of bit of those fancy Warhammer Imperials.

I think he would look even better with a fancy feather on his hat!

Do they have early photography in your world? The photo has a Steampunk/World War I vibe.

6Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  Empty Re: Dragons of Suleria [Fantasy] Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:24 am

GregT

I have a bunch of those plastic Marx armors.... whatever you did to metalize it worked!
all the pieces from different eras came together really well, the firearm and plate armor
together reminds me of WWI trench raiders, the headsculpt is a good choice too

7Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  Empty Re: Dragons of Suleria [Fantasy] Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:29 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GubernatorFan wrote:Very cool fantasy character (with a somewhat unusual setting) and elaborate back story.

Thanks Gubernator, I let my imagination roam a little.

Stryker2011 wrote:That is one wild backstory. Nice character build— oddly, many of the parts work great together, and look far more realistic than one would imagine. Nice job.

Thanks Stryker, after trying to come up with a fantasy figure for some time and struggling to make it look right I decided to make him look "accurate" originally I had dyed the pants blue and the shirt was brown but I changed it up since he looked too weird.

skywalkersaga wrote:A very complex and unique backstory! I do agree that he looks somehow more 'historical' than a lot of stereotypical fantasy characters, and I rather like that you took a different approach with the style.

Thanks Skywalker, I'm glad he's been liked, I spent some time crafting that story and putting him together. I did take some inspiration from conquistadors and also arquebusiers from history tho that came after I had gotten rid of most of the armor.

Ovy wrote:He looks really good, great job. One of your best customs I'd say. With the multi barrel gun he reminds me of bit of those fancy Warhammer Imperials.

I think he would look even better with a fancy feather on his hat!

Do they have early photography in your world? The photo has a Steampunk/World War I vibe.

Thanks Ovy, those warhammer guys are far more colorful, I would like to put one like that sometime but first I need to get my hands on some fabric. A feather would have been nice but sadly I couldn't find any locally, only neon colors and very stiff.

There is indeed very early photography in this world, its in it's infancy and most of it is concentrated in the 13th Crowns, it's a recent human invention, dwarves think it's a waste of time cause stone and metal are better, elves prefer paintings, the nortlanders don't know what photography is and the orcs are too busy preparing for war again.

GregT wrote:I have a bunch of those plastic Marx armors.... whatever you did to metalize it worked!
all the pieces from different eras came together really well, the firearm and plate armor
together reminds me of WWI trench raiders, the headsculpt is a good choice too

Thank you GregT. This is a reproduction of Marxx armor, it's made out of a very soft flexible plastic and as such spray paint wont work since it will flake off at the slightest movement. Sanding doesn't also work on it as it leaves it very streaky so in order to get paint on it I had to first clean it with some alcohol and then paint over it with about 3 to 5 coats of black acrylic paint, after that I took my paintbrush dipped it in some silver paint and brushed a bit of the excess before applying it on the armor.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  1f60e

8Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  Empty Re: Dragons of Suleria [Fantasy] Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:06 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Hmmm, it's a bit hard to see clearly with the lighting, It looks like your character is carrying a 7-barreled Nock Volley gun. Originally developed for the Royal Navy, popularized as Sgt. Harper's weapon in the Sharpe novels, and carried by Richard Widmark in "The Alamo."

9Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  Empty Re: Dragons of Suleria [Fantasy] Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:38 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Hmmm, it's a bit hard to see clearly with the lighting, It looks like your character is carrying a 7-barreled Nock Volley gun.  Originally developed for the Royal Navy, popularized as Sgt. Harper's weapon in the Sharpe novels, and carried by Richard Widmark in "The Alamo."  

That's what I used for his gun since it's not that well known and due to me going for a more "historical" look for this guy.

10Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  Empty Re: Dragons of Suleria [Fantasy] Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:27 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
This is cool - I have something similar on my plans - steel Armor and powder weapons.
So it is nice to see some more inspirations from others. Very nice...

11Dragons of Suleria  [Fantasy]  Empty Re: Dragons of Suleria [Fantasy] Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:19 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Theboo-bomb wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Hmmm, it's a bit hard to see clearly with the lighting, It looks like your character is carrying a 7-barreled Nock Volley gun.  Originally developed for the Royal Navy, popularized as Sgt. Harper's weapon in the Sharpe novels, and carried by Richard Widmark in "The Alamo."  

That's what I used for his gun since it's not that well known and due to me going for a more "historical" look for this guy.

The Nock Volley Gun alas, was not very successful as the recoil from all seven barrels firing at once often broke the user's shoulder. This being said, it's a cool and unusual piece.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum