OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Urban Ruins (My first diorama)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Empty Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Mon 27 Jan 2020 - 6:34

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
I finally got around to working on this thing. It was actually a lot of fun, but very time-consuming waiting for things to dry. lol Technically still a work in progress, but here ya go.

Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Img_2147
Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Img_2148
Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Img_2149Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Img_2150
Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Img_2151
Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Img_2152Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Img_2153
Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Img_2154
Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Img_2155Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Img_2156
Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Img_2157
Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Img_2158Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Img_2159
Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Img_2160
Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Img_2161

2Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Empty Re: Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Mon 27 Jan 2020 - 7:05

GregT

bravo, looks great! that brick wall is fantastic

3Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Empty Re: Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Mon 27 Jan 2020 - 7:29

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. Very unique looking environment.

Looks like she gets turned on by displays of strength.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Urban Ruins (My first diorama) C8485110

4Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Empty Re: Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Mon 27 Jan 2020 - 8:32

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very nice work! The pieces of moss acting as weeds/grass coming through the bricks really sells it. Smile 

And super cute photo-story. ;D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Empty Re: Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Mon 27 Jan 2020 - 8:57

Ovy

Ovy
If only she knew that was a giant styrofoam ball! Laughing

Good job, I like the wall with the moss. The stairs  could be upgraded with some Lychen and dirt. An old sofa would look cool too.

Would be funny if they had a smoke on the last two pics.
Is the steel skeleton showing through his elbow?

6Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Empty Re: Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Mon 27 Jan 2020 - 15:35

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
It looks good for your first diorama, specially the brick work👍. If you are okay with tips I can give you one , whenever you work with that type of foam try to mix some white glue (pva) and water, don't make it too watery but a bit less thick and then apply it over the foam so that it doesn't suck so much paint.

Oh and before you apply the glue/water mix do your brickwork or your bullet holes, explosions, cracks, whatever cause pva can dry pretty hard and doing them after will do more harm than good.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Urban Ruins (My first diorama) 1f60e

7Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Empty Re: Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Mon 27 Jan 2020 - 16:01

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I'd say it could use some weathering here and there, but overall, well done!

8Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Empty Re: Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Mon 27 Jan 2020 - 17:44

shazzdan

shazzdan
The suggestion to use PVA glue as a sealer is an excellent idea. To get an even coating you can use diluted PVA in a spray bottle.

Excellent job. The brick wall is my favourite. That last shot needs a couple of cigarettes (Edit: Ovy beat me to it Smile )

9Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Empty Re: Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Mon 27 Jan 2020 - 17:53

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It looks very good, and you did a great job presenting it with this scene between your characters. Be careful with the moss; I had what I can only think was an allergic reaction when working with something like that for the Endor environment in my HT ROTJ Stormtrooper review.

10Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Empty Re: Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Mon 27 Jan 2020 - 20:35

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
All of these are helpful tips; glad I went ahead and shared these, I knew some things were missing/could be improved, just wasn't sure what yet.

The cigarette idea was actually something I considered, it would just require some photomanipulation on my part and I haven't had access to that recently due to my laptop being (accidentally) stepped on and broken.

And yeah, the elbow was somehow pierced a while back and haven't always been able to hide it. I guess it wouldn't really matter with most Terminator/Wolverine figures, huh? Very Happy

11Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Empty Re: Urban Ruins (My first diorama) Wed 29 Jan 2020 - 11:47

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Well conceived and executed. I’d say it’s definitely a successful first diorama. They only get better as you go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum