OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BY-ART 1/12 Themistocles and King of Sparta (Leonidas)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Diana

Diana
I am so tempted by these figures I'm about to pull the trigger... But I feel guilty (budget and all).
Does anybody have the King of Sparta? Reviews are hard to find. I did find a French one, but... it's French.
Wondering, as usual, about just how annoying the seemingly restricted articulation is and how stable he stands without help.
Is he worth it?

BY-ART 1/12 Themistocles and King of Sparta (Leonidas) Leonid10
BY-ART 1/12 Themistocles and King of Sparta (Leonidas) Themis10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Good question -- wish I could help, but don't own them. In fact, I had no idea they existed till just now. They do look neat and I bet would go great with your tbleague 1/12 figure, aesthetically at least. 

Articulation will never be as good as tbleague, especially if the materials are rubber rather than silicone. But I'll wait to see if anyone else has more info on that before baselessly speculating, lol. 

I'd be interested knowing more about them myself, especially in terms of how tall they are in cm! I like the body shapes much better than the tbleague male figures, so I'd be curious about that.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Like Sky said, good question. I don't have any experience of these, although I have seen them around -- well, Leonidas in particular. Themistokles looks pretty good, too. Although it is not By Art but another company (Toys Era), the 1/12 version of Logan/Wolverine (see link below) seems to have a very similar-looking body. While it looks great, it is very difficult to pose (very stiff or restricted joints, perhaps less supple material for the "flesh"/"skin"), and the painted detail (body hair) can rub off with handling. Of course, there is no guarantee the body is or will work similarly on these new products -- Themistocles seems to be in pre-order stage anyway. As for the French review, it might have been more revealing if there was a link. Smile

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYS-ERA-EA001-1-12-Scale-Wolfman-Collectible-Action-Figures-Wolverine-Figure-/383077506848?hash=item593132df20

Nekk-ra

Someone did a review of this figure on The Fwoosh website forum in their general toys section. The poster seemed happy with the figure and had quite a few in hand photos.

Diana

Diana
I’m really looking for someone to stop me from getting both. Laughing

Themistocles is indeed at the pre-order stage. In fact I discovered him today, which is what got me triggered.

They are both listed as being 15cm tall.

Leonidas (King of Sparta) was announced only a few days before TBL announced their male 1/12 bodies.

Here is that French review: https://youtu.be/kOP6DHHgVEY

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
If you are worried about the body quality and articulation and all that, I wonder if you could maybe get a 1/12 tbleague male body, and then just find some parted out pieces from either the Leonidas and/or the Themistocles sets and make a custom kitbash? 

Might mean you could recreate the look, but could do it on a budget and on your own timeframe.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the link. The review confirmed it is 1/12 and was generally very, very positive about the figure. It is not a TBLeague body, and not as articulated or as a supple as those (this was partly stated explicitly, partly implied by the posing). It does look great; although the likeness is not at 100%, it is very good for this scale, and excellent in itself.

Nekk-ra

Here's the link to the forum I mentioned above. Or at least I hope it is. Not fun to do this stuff on a mobile.

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=97817&sid=519231c938a128f20a86c8cf891766bf&start=120

Don't know if it will help you pass on this, but more info is always helpful.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the link, Nekk-ra. It is certainly informative about the product. I suspect most of us would be divided between the great look and the limited articulation, and then it will come down to what we want to get out of it, and how much we are willing to spend.

Diana

Diana
Thank you everyone!! I am still not dissuaded.
I kinda want him more now.
Laughing

So I’ll probably grab him while I still can. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Good luck! I was dissuaded by the height — I prefer male 1/12 figures to be on the taller side, and it sounds like this one is more comparable to the SHF size figures. Though from the pics he does seem around the same size as the smaller of the two tbleague male figures (still too short for me, lol).

The outfit, gear and weathering on it looks really nice though!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

He looks good to me! Got to move before I get anything new though. Mid June looks likely.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:
He looks good to me! Got to move before I get anything new though. Mid June looks likely.

Nice to see you back, Roger. Your moving seems to have been hitting a lot of snags.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

BY-ART 1/12 Themistocles and King of Sparta (Leonidas) C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Not snags as such, just necessary delays. BT are putting fibre in in my Dad's place (ie where I am right now) in May so I want to take advantage of it for a little while while it's free, so I can do a 150gb game download and assess whether I want it for myself when I move.

I'll get there, I just want everything to fall into place for when I do

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Yeah, who would have banked on Covid-19 becoming a snag! I can't win! Mind you, thanks to the virus, BT already upped the download speeds so I got the game downloaded last week and have been downloading other stuff that I previously couldn't.

As soon as Corona buggers off I'll be good to go.... (Famous last words!)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:Yeah, who would have banked on Covid-19 becoming a snag! I can't win! Mind you, thanks to the virus, BT already upped the download speeds so I got the game downloaded last week and have been downloading other stuff that I previously couldn't.

Cheers! May it "bugger off" as soon as possible for all our sakes and for all sorts of reasons!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:Yeah, who would have banked on Covid-19 becoming a snag! I can't win! Mind you, thanks to the virus, BT already upped the download speeds so I got the game downloaded last week and have been downloading other stuff that I previously couldn't.

Cheers! May it "bugger off" as soon as possible for all our sakes and for all sorts of reasons!

Indeed.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

BY-ART 1/12 Themistocles and King of Sparta (Leonidas) C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I think we're all agreed on that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum