OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Empty Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:58 pm

desertdragon

desertdragon
Having just put Demon Huntress in the studio for a mini retrospective and really enjoying getting some new shots of her, I couldn't resist giving the same attention to her close companion piece, Sparta Warrior... In my Pantheon of TBL / Phicen sets, these are basically Hera and Athena (not to be confused with the TBL actual Athena, also a wonderful set)... Sparta Warrior basically takes the brilliance of Demon Huntress and strips her down to her essence, both figuratively and literally... She eschews almost all armor details, and simply lets her fantastic body and dreamlike portrait define her presence, to spectacular effect... She comes in as my ever so close second favorite to her sublime sister DH, and she is infinitely photograph-able, so please forgive the possible overabundance of these shots... But I hope they do her some justice as she so strongly deserves...

Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Sparta12

Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Sparta11

Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Sparta10

Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Sparta13

Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Sparta15

Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Sparta14

Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Sparta18

Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Sparta16

Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Sparta17

Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Sparta20

Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Sparta21

Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Sparta19

Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Sparta24

Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Sparta22

Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Sparta23

2Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Empty Re: Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:28 pm

brassco

brassco
Nice pictures taken on a nice figure, as always.

May i suggest to try to cover up the wrists as much as possible for photoshoot? My kid told me as real as it seems on first look, he can tell it is not a real human when he noticed the wrists.

Just a thought.

3Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Empty Re: Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:58 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
You're right that the simple armour is really striking here, it helps show off the expanse of tbleague 'skin', while still retaining the added the visual interest of its contrast against it. Also, paired with the red cloak makes, the ensemble goes from looking 'bare' to more minimalist yet classical in feel. 

Great photos , lighting, and posing as always. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Empty Re: Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:36 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
More gorgeous photos. The ones that really stand out for me are when her head is turned in a different direction to the slight twist of her hips. Beautiful (my favorite word for your shots).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited C8485110

5Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Empty Re: Phicen Sparta Warrior revisited Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:10 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another set of gorgeous photos. Their photographers have got nothing on you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum