OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Villa

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

skywalkersaga

Glad you guys agree! It turned out so much better than I was expecting, especially the paint job -- it's just as nice as the 1/6 Villa, imo.

skywalkersaga

AerynDiana wrote:That is gorgeous!! I can't wait to get mine! No intentions of modding her. Smile

Looking forward to seeing some in-hand pics of the full figure! I'm especially curious how tall the VeryCool body is. I can't remember if you already have one of these VeryCool figures or not.... but if you or anyone else knows the height of them, let me know. I need to find a female body to use with this head that is short enough to go with my Black Series and Figuarts....

Stryker2011

Founding Father
That does look really good for 1/12. Nice grab, S.

skywalkersaga

Stryker2011 wrote:That does look really good for 1/12. Nice grab, S.

Thanks! Feel like I got lucky with this one..

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:
AerynDiana wrote:That is gorgeous!! I can't wait to get mine! No intentions of modding her. Smile

Looking forward to seeing some in-hand pics of the full figure! I'm especially curious how tall the VeryCool body is. I can't remember if you already have one of these VeryCool figures or not.... but if you or anyone else knows the height of them, let me know. I need to find a female body to use with this head that is short enough to go with my Black Series and Figuarts....
I can tell you that the "Catch Me" figure is taller than the TBL T01B, but I will of course take comparison shots. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
AerynDiana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

I can tell you that the "Catch Me" figure is taller than the TBL T01B, but I will of course take comparison shots. Smile

Ahh, thanks, that's a bit of a bummer, but good to know! Saves me a wasted purchase, that is for sure.

My quest to find a suitable 1/12 body continues...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

doodlehobby

skywalkersaga wrote:
AerynDiana wrote:

Ahh, thanks, that's a bit of a bummer, but good to know! Saves me a wasted purchase, that is for sure.

@AerynDiana if you do have a T01B, can you help @skywalkersaga by putting the Villa head on it? I think that might help her out to see how everything goes together? I would do it myself, but I don't plan on getting this any time soon if ever.

Diana

Diana
doodlehobby wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:
AerynDiana wrote:

@AerynDiana  if you do have a T01B, can you help @skywalkersaga by putting the Villa head on it? I think that might help her out to see how everything goes together? I would do it myself, but I don't plan on getting this any time soon if ever.
You BETCHA. Just gotta wait for her to arrive... She should be arriving any day now. Rolling Eyes

Diana

Diana
She arrived today. I love her. But it was ridiculously hard to get her to just stand up in neutral. Same as the „Catch Me“ figure, so I’m thinking it’s time for a body swap. Or two. Smile
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Villa - Page 2 25077310
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Villa - Page 2 D4dfd610
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Villa - Page 2 D702ad10
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Villa - Page 2 16d68410

Diana

Diana
And here is a head swap to start with. Adorable, no? Smile
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Villa - Page 2 Ab19e710
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Villa - Page 2 B9a95510
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Villa - Page 2 0cbe4c10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She looks good. Especially on the TBL body.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Villa - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second that. Good swap.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She looks awesome! I'm def gonna have to put her on a tbleague body at some point. Thanks so much for sharing, and I'm glad you are happy with her!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

doodlehobby

Definitely looks good... Is that the suntan body?

Diana

Diana
doodlehobby wrote:Definitely looks good... Is that the suntan body?
Yes it is. Smile

packraptor

packraptor
AerynDiana, where you able to put the Villa head sculpt on a 1/12 tbleague body without modifying the Villa head's neck post?

Diana

Diana
packraptor wrote:AerynDiana, where you able to put the Villa head sculpt on a 1/12 tbleague body without modifying the Villa head's neck post?
Yes, no problem at all. Smile

packraptor

packraptor
Thanks for responding so quickly. I'll probably buy one of these head sculpts myself, now.

Diana

Diana
packraptor wrote:Thanks for responding so quickly. I'll probably buy one of these head sculpts myself, now.
Good choice! And my pleasure. Smile

csyeung

csyeung
Looks like a great translation to 1/12 size. I don't collect this scale to prevent me from going down another rabbit hole, but they are getting better and better at this scale!

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I finally got a Villa. She arrived Monday. I have mixed feelings overall. Of course I love the head sculpt. Who doesn’t? But I’m used to how solidly built the TBLeague girls seem to be, and this body feels so fragile by comparison. I keep thinking I’m going to break something.

The clothing fits well, and the stitching is solid. It really should be a black tank top underneath a camouflage jump suit. The way it’s sewed together as one piece to look like a black tank top under a camouflage jump suit is kind of weird, but it’s growing on me.

The accessories looked great until I decided I wanted to put the backpack on the way it was in the promo pictures with the strap fastened around her midsection and the pouches attached. That ended with two hours of frustration, a broken pouch, and the left strap ruined after trying to push it through the buckle with any small object I could find. I finally give up, cut what was left of the straps off, and decided she’ll have to make due with the straps around her shoulder.

I wondered “How did everybody else make this work?” I couldn’t find a single picture or video of the production figure with the backpack strap buckled around her and the pouches on. I’m sure there’s one out there somewhere, but I couldn’t find it, I think most other people were smart enough to leave it alone after the first couple of attempts.

It’s funny. People always complain on other forums about breaking Hasbro, McFarlane, S.H. Figuarts, Mafex, figmas, and I’m like “What do you people do to these toys?!?” Now I seem to be “that guy” over here. Laughing

Diana

Diana
Laughing

I personally didn't bother. I like the minimalist look, which is also why I didn't bother with the shoulder skeletons of Sariah or most head gear.

So I didn't notice! Smile

I'm not going to check, but I'm guessing the fake tank top being sewn in has to do with reducing the number of fabric layers, which in this scale is totally justified.

I did mean to swap the body for a TBLeague and I even have the body, but apparently this body doesn't bother me that much. Handled carefully it at least allows for decent wrist movement, which I sorely miss on TBL bodies.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
For anyone that missed out, OSK just put a black camouflage version:

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2870

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Villa - Page 2 C8485110

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I was starting to think TBL and VC had given up on 1/12 scale.

This is probably going to be a pass for me since I just coughed up a lot of cash for the 1/6 version two weeks ago. I really don’t want to get into the habit of having 1/6 and 1/12 versions of the same figure, so it was going to be green camo Cara in 1/12 and black camo Cara in 1/6.

I do have a 1/12 Campus Gun Girl head that needs a home, but I really wanted to put that head on a green camo 1/12 Villa body so that 1/12 Cara would have a BFF of her own from the same squad. This would certainly be a LOT cheaper, though. $80 for thé black camo 1/12 Villa and then I could flip the head for $40 to $50.

Décisions, décisions....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum