OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
LUXURY EDITION:

★ Head sculpture * 1 Head sculpture * 1pc
★ Plastic body * 1 set
★ Hand shape * 10 pcs
★ Skateboard * 1 Skate * 1pc
★ Special effects parts * 3 pcs
★ Base * 1 set
★ Base bracket * 1 Bracket * 1 pc

ORDINARY EDITION:

★ Head sculpture * 1 Head sculpture * 1pc
★ Plastic body * 1 set
★ Hand shape * 10 pcs
★ Skateboard * 1 Skate * 1pc
★ Special effects parts * 3 pcs
★ Bracket * 1 Bracket * 1 pc

comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 09e1df10
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 E2a3e510
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 62972c10
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 6792e110
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 2e5fb910
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 5dc59910
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 4c923a10
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 B1effb10
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 162f4810
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 C1a82110
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 A04b7910
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 53044810
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 5846d310
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 5deccd10
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 C18b2410
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 2d2cf310

#newproduct #ADDToys #SilverMan/Hero #male #superhero #comicbook

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What a strange and interesting figure. And yes, I know what it is based on for once, lol. I saw it over on OSW, and been wondering about it. It seems like it's got seamless ankles, but interchangeable hands, and the wrist area is hidden by the blue flame magic thingies. Curious though if he can stand on his own.... given the poses and the use of a stand in one of the images, I suspect he might not be able to.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I know this is a different company from Toys Era — who tried to do the Mystique figure, and failed — but I’d be reluctant to P.O. this without seeing a production figure — assuming they can even pull this off.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, very good point.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, their War Wolves delivered what they promised, so it is possible they will pull it through. If it is the same type of body (but with continuous feet, which is different), then it is likely to be aesthetically pleasing but less poseable/pleasant to work with and less stable than a TBLeague. I like the set, and am curious to see what they manage to get out of this version of their body, although I am not particularly interested in the character. Still, they are trying to fill a niche or provide additional/alternate offerings of Superheroes, and the list of their products grows (I only have one of the war wolves, so I can't speak as to overall quality from this company) -- 2 War Wolves, U.M Girl (Polaris), Wolf Baby.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
I like this since the only 1:6 silver surfer came from marvel icons many years ago. I have that one but the articulation stinks plus the joints are very visible.  As far as the ankles on this figure, I wonder if they made an articulated foot underneath? I hope so. And if so, I'll be ordering this for sure.

shazzdan

shazzdan
How is the silver done? Is it some kind of dye embedded in the skin or is it paint? If it was paint, I'd be worried about it cracking and flaking over time.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:I like this since the only 1:6 silver surfer came from marvel icons many years ago. I have that one but the articulation stinks plus the joints are very visible.  As far as the ankles on this figure, I wonder if they made an articulated foot underneath? I hope so. And if so, I'll be ordering this for sure.

I think there is enough in the photos to conclude that they do indeed use an articulated foot under the seamless covering. However, I can only hope that it is functional, i.e., able to have the figure stand on its own. I don't know to what extent is has bearing, but the more conventional foot and ankle peg with the ADD Toys War Wolves seamless muscular body weren't great at stability -- though the problem may have been with the slightly jiggly nature of the legs themselves.

shazzdan wrote:How is the silver done? Is it some kind of dye embedded in the skin or is it paint? If it was paint, I'd be worried about it cracking and flaking over time.

I'm still very impressed with the texture and hair coloring on the ADD Toys War Wolves seamless muscular body, and if this application is like that, I suspect it will be good; of course, here we are dealing with a continuous silver coloring of a whole body, whereas the War Wolves body had specks and hairs, which is not exactly the same thing.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The final pic at the bottom says 'no cracking, no fading'. How true that is, we shall have to see. : )

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Finally someone has the balls to do this!
I'm resigned to the fact that this figure won't stay pristine for long on the display shelf but its too unique a figure to pass up.
I hope the price won't be a shocker and it helps that there's an option without the expensive-looking base.

Diana

Diana
This is incredible. I always look at these figures as drawing reference first, and I don't yet have a male figure. This of course opens up ridiculous photo shoot possibilities!

And I'm thinking there must be magnets in the feet for the board to stick, which would be awesome!

I also immediately started wondering whether there is a silver Rit dye...

BUT... the limited articulation puts a HUGE damper on the usability as artist reference. Still. This might be spectacular enough t buy anyway. With base in that case. (Funny how limited articulation leads to "with base". Rolling Eyes )

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
OSK has this up for pre-order $225:
https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2139

Diana

Diana
I can not pass on this. Just too damn amazing.
Just waiting for KG or Giantoy. There at least I am sure I can change my mind and get the deposit back.

I would really like to see the board on the base without that photoshopped swoosh over it. Cause that's cheating.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Had someone translate the last page, said the syntax is unusual,
like a Japanese person wrote it.
I don't understand what she meant by that but here goes...

Five characteristics of ADDTOYS encapsulated body
1. Used imported thermoplastic elastomer raw materials that meet FDA food grade standards.
2. Exclusively developed for simulating moving figures to ensure that the product does not tear.
3. Specially developed a colorant for this material to ensure that the product does not fade.
4. Material tensile strength is up to 15 times, with high resilience.
5. Applicable temperature -60ºC to +150ºC

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! Timewalker has this up for PO, Luxury Edition $204.99 USD & $130.99 for the ordinary.

comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: ADD Toys: 1/6 scale Silver Man/Silver Hero AD05 C8485110

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:Wow! Timewalker has this up for PO, Luxury Edition $204.99 USD & $130.99 for the ordinary.

I saw that two. Won't be able to take advantage of the cheaper price because I paid a NRD so I'm stuck with the cool looking display. Not a bad problem to have, I guess. I'll follow my own suggestion, "No looking back!".
or is that "No soup for you!". No... I think it's the first one.

Diana

Diana
Doesn't seem that great a deal to me. I POed the luxury edition at KG for roughly US$175. They don't offer it anymore though.
They do still offer the normal version for US$115.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
KG’s shipping to the US is too high, and Timewalker has free shipping if you bundle for US residents.

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:KG’s shipping to the US is too high, and Timewalker has free shipping if you bundle for US residents.
Oh. I didn't realize KG charge you for shipping. It all make sense now. Thanks for clarifying. Smile

Diana

Diana
This guy is finally getting shipped! Very Happy bounce Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:This guy is finally getting shipped! Very Happy bounce Very Happy

Hope he has turned out well and you enjoy him. Let us know.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! That took awhile. Hope it’s worth the wait.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Diana wrote:This guy is finally getting shipped! Very Happy bounce Very Happy

Congrats! I know you’ve been waiting for this one!

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
I got the base diorama first. The very tip was broken off. Not worried at all though. Nothing some super glue can't fix. Still waiting for the actual figure. I was wondering if anyone has received theirs yet and could provide pictures?

Been checking youtube for reviews but nothing yet. If I get him soon, I'l post some quick pictures.

Diana

Diana
Mine has arrived and I am very happy. I'll post pictures and maybe a video asap, if noone beats me to it, as I won't have time today.

He looks fantastic. The body is light and easy to pose. The magnetic attachment to the board is quite weak and needs testing before I can pass final judgment. I couldn't get him to stand on his own two wobbly feet without the stand, which is a shame. The base is so spectacular that I don't think the stand distracts that much though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum