OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague S32A: Not Safe For Work: Tasteful Artistic Doll Nudity in B&W.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Diana

skywalkersaga wrote:And Diana, that's really interesting about the gun topic, and makes sense. I'm quite partial to long knives myself. Like the historical seax carried by Germanic peoples of the Migration era and early medieval period [aka, where the name 'Saxon' comes from]. Could definitely make some modernized versions of that, in varying sizes. Smile
NICE!!! Never heard of that, but THAT's what I'm talking about! Thanks for the inspiration! Smile
I'm also thinking: Garbage reused as a weapon... A hammer would be nice, too! Twisted Evil
Golf club! Very Happy

skywalkersaga

AerynDiana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:And Diana, that's really interesting about the gun topic, and makes sense. I'm quite partial to long knives myself. Like the historical seax carried by Germanic peoples of the Migration era and early medieval period [aka, where the name 'Saxon' comes from]. Could definitely make some modernized versions of that, in varying sizes. Smile
NICE!!! Never heard of that, but THAT's what I'm talking about! Thanks for the inspiration! Smile
I'm also thinking: Garbage reused as a weapon... A hammer would be nice, too! Twisted Evil
Golf club! Very Happy

You are welcome! Very Happy And a post-apocalyptic 'war hammer' is indeed a great idea! I think any basic household tools could be weaponized, in some ways.

And a golf club features in one of my fave episodes and scenes of The Walking Dead, so I can definitely appreciate that. ;D

blackpool

Might be hard to find by now, but Casey Jones from the ninja turtles had a cool loadout that could please your ladies Diana!

TBLeague S32A:  Not Safe For Work:  Tasteful Artistic Doll Nudity in B&W.   - Page 2 420ab8a2-cc95-46e2-8ad6-0c2678f0a850

skywalkersaga

That's an awesome looking figure, blackpool!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
AerynDiana wrote:I also bought a loose set of Nancy boots as soon as Nancy arrived. They are beautiful. Also got my eyes on a pair of those Skye boots, but shipping is so damn expensive and US-sellers tend to put the real price on the box, so I'm likely to get hit my tax, too! -.-

The skye boots are just great.  I have two pairs and plan to get another pair. The only thing is that the only place you can find them is Black Ops Toys which overprices everything as far as I'm concerned. But that's why they still have stock I suppose; they are waiting for a sucker like me who just loves these and is willing to pay for them....

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What are the Skye boots?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:What are the Skye boots?

More properly "Agent Skye Boots" High top leather boots worn by Kamiko and Miyori, the two central figures in this image.

TBLeague S32A:  Not Safe For Work:  Tasteful Artistic Doll Nudity in B&W.   - Page 2 48163123087_3684ce6118_bTB League Size Comparison by Gary Menten, on Flickr

They are a bit oversize on Miyori, so I might replace hers with shorter boots and give her set to another figure, like the S28 on the left.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ohhh, gotcha! Didn't realize that's what they were called. Thanks. Smile

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:Ohhh, gotcha! Didn't realize that's what they were called. Thanks. Smile

They are parted out from a set of clothing/equipment called "Agent Skye" after some Marvel Comics character I think. I like them because of there look, with can be both military and fashion, and because the setting for my characters adventures is in the hills and deserts of New Mexico where dangerous species of rattlesnakes such as the western diamondback and Arizona rattlesnake abound. They all wear high leather military boots for the extra protection against snakebite.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Ohhh, gotcha! Didn't realize that's what they were called. Thanks. Smile

They are parted out from a set of clothing/equipment called "Agent Skye" after some Marvel Comics character I think.  I like them because of there look, with can be both military and fashion, and because the setting for my characters adventures is in the hills and deserts of New Mexico where dangerous species of rattlesnakes such as the western diamondback and Arizona rattlesnake abound.  They all wear high leather military boots for the extra protection against snakebite.

Yes, they are indeed quite a practical design, I like them too. I don't have any of those, but have some similar high black 'empty foot' boots by NouveauToys which resemble equestrian riding boots.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
AerynDiana wrote:
Golf club! Very Happy

If you do decide to order the Skye boots from Black Ops toys, you might also want to consider this crowbar like device which is apparently used by German commandos, and would make a good weapon for your gang.

https://www.blackopstoys.com/products/german-kommando-spezialkrafte-breaching-tool?variant=22003235881042

Also this little toy...

https://www.blackopstoys.com/products/1-12-sas-crw-assaulter-axe?_pos=6&_sid=0be9a5733&_ss=r

or maybe this....

https://www.blackopstoys.com/products/americas-finest-urban-firefighter-fireman-axe-sheath-set?_pos=16&_sid=0be9a5733&_ss=r

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Check eBay for golf clubs before doing anything with BlackOps. As PB pointed out, they can be a bit expensive. They tend to have a lot of stuff, and if I can’t find what I’m looking for elsewhere — they are more often than not my last ditch effort. When I did a post-apocalyptic character, I found her a golf club off of eBay.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague S32A:  Not Safe For Work:  Tasteful Artistic Doll Nudity in B&W.   - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Black Ops Toys had an awesome sale a few years ago (right before Christmas?) and I was hooked -- for a little while. But with their regular prices going higher and higher, now I use it just as Stryker described -- as a last resort.

Diana

Diana
Thank you so much for all the wonderful ideas!! Looks like one big purchase from Black Ops might be worth it...

The golf club I found on ebay is ridiculously expensive. 50 Euros with shipping. No thank you.
I did find a decent baseball bat for just 7 buck from China.
[*looking on ebay*]
Now I'm getting real mad at Black Ops for their pricing. Ebay is swamped with their wonderful items, and they are all ridiculously overpriced. For two or three of their loose items I can get the whole damn figure in used but mint condition. They are greedy af. Grrr. Arrgh.

I'm actually thinking about making boots myself. Can't be that hard, right? Already found a local supplier for those tiny eyelets and already have some nice leathery fabric. So to put it all together... With a magnet in the base, maybe? Very Happy

*googles sewing courses for beginners*

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
AerynDiana wrote:Thank you so much for all the wonderful ideas!! Looks like one big purchase from Black Ops might be worth it...

The golf club I found on ebay is ridiculously expensive. 50 Euros with shipping. No thank you.
[*looking on ebay*]
Now I'm getting real mad at Black Ops for their pricing. Ebay is swamped with their wonderful items, and they are all ridiculously overpriced. For two or three of their loose items I can get the whole damn figure in used but mint condition. They are greedy af. Grrr. Arrgh.

I'm actually thinking about making boots myself. Can't be that hard, right? Already found a local supplier for those tiny eyelets and already have some nice leathery fabric. So to put it all together... With a magnet in the base, maybe? Very Happy

Agree with you on BlackOps....they hold so many nice items 'hostage'. Definitely one of the more pricey of the parted out 'scalpers' out there. Mad

As for boots, I have been trying to make some from scratch for a while, but struggling with how to do them so the ankle area doesn't get all bunchy and then look out of scale, but still allows for movement. If you find any good patterns or tips that especially help with creating a more streamlined ankle area, do let me know! Smile

ETA: My current solution is to make the boots in two pieces -- the 'shoe' part, and the leg covering part. But I'm open to suggestions...

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:As for boots, I have been trying to make some from scratch for a while, but struggling with how to do them so the ankle area doesn't get all bunchy and then look out of scale, but still allows for movement. If you find any good patterns or tips that especially help with creating a more streamlined ankle area, do let me know! Smile

ETA: My current solution is to make the boots in two pieces -- the 'shoe' part, and the leg covering part. But I'm open to suggestions...

affraid affraid affraid

Found something!!

Sewing pattern: https://www.deviantart.com/scargeear/art/SD-BJD-Soom-Supergem-Steel-boots-308100869

TBLeague S32A:  Not Safe For Work:  Tasteful Artistic Doll Nudity in B&W.   - Page 2 Tumblr_o9ju7z7cw41s2omugo9_r1_1280

And another: https://www.deviantart.com/scargeear/art/Making-boots-for-BJD-tutorial-265245365?q=gallery%3Ascargeear%2F33400868&qo=6

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice finds, Diana! Thanks for sharing!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
AerynDiana wrote:Thank you so much for all the wonderful ideas!! Looks like one big purchase from Black Ops might be worth it...

[*looking on ebay*]

When I first got into the hobby, I purchased quite a lot from Black Ops because they had just about everything I could want.  They seem to work on keeping a huge inventory, high prices and slow turnover of parts. Today, I buy parts chiefly from Monkey Depot who charge less than half as much for everything, have a smaller inventory, rely on rapid turnover and post all their new stock daily.  Learning that they do this, between 7-pm and 8pm Eastern time usually has me on their website every day at that time, so that I can get first crack at anything I want badly.  

I have five of the backpacks in the image below.  They cost me I think around $7.00 or $7.50 each from Monkey Depot.  They cost at least $16.00 ea on Black Ops Toys.  

TBLeague S32A:  Not Safe For Work:  Tasteful Artistic Doll Nudity in B&W.   - Page 2 48562236881_4bbf96252f_c20190817_The Squad_0008 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

This being said, the figure's cap, shorts, boots and knife, all of which were purchased earlier, came from Black Ops, if for no other reason than they had them and others did not.

Ovy

Ovy
Now that I have read all the posts, I think it's time for  a "Diana's Post Apocalyptic Project Thread"? Very Happy

About post apocalyptic melee weapons (funny thing that in my universe, the guns died out too...)  
I was thinking to turn simple cheap wooden chop sticks or something similar into Billard queues, with the help of some tape.

About the super tiny eyelids, what store did you find them in?

Diana

Diana
Ovy wrote:Now that I have read all the posts, I think it's time for  a "Diana's Post Apocalyptic Project Thread"? Very Happy

About post apocalyptic melee weapons (funny thing that in my universe, the guns died out too...)  
I was thinking to turn simple cheap wooden chop sticks or something similar into Billard queues, with the help of some tape.

I did feel guilty for letting this get so off topic, but since the OP was part of it... Smile

This is the item: https://www.ebay.de/itm/75-Eyelets-Nieten-%C3%96sen-Rund-1-1-x-0-9mm-Verschiedene-Farben-zur-Auswahl/141165835586?var=440240154680

It's a German store, but they do ship worldwide. They also have the matching tools apparently, though I'm waiting for confirmation on that, because the description of the tool says 1.5mm, and the eyelets say they are 1.1/0.9mm. scratch

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
AerynDiana wrote:
Ovy wrote:Now that I have read all the posts, I think it's time for  a "Diana's Post Apocalyptic Project Thread"? Very Happy

I did feel guilty for letting this get so off topic, but since the OP was part of it... Smile

This is the item: https://www.ebay.de/itm/75-Eyelets-Nieten-%C3%96sen-Rund-1-1-x-0-9mm-Verschiedene-Farben-zur-Auswahl/141165835586?var=440240154680

It's a German store, but they do ship worldwide. They also have the matching tools apparently, though I'm waiting for confirmation on that, because the description of the tool says 1.5mm, and the eyelets say they are 1.1/0.9mm. scratch

It's okay about going off-topic; this current discussion has more life to it than the original topic. I keep thinking that it would be cool to create a dedicated post-apocalyptic thread where everyone can post a description of their particular post apocalyptic world, images, their own history, the factions, how they arrived at it, etc. It seems to be a popular subject with a number of us.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog

I have often thought  that it would be cool to create a dedicated post-apocalyptic thread where everyone can post a description of their particular post apocalyptic world, images, their own history, the factions, how they arrived at it, etc. It seems to be a popular subject with a number of us.

Diana

Diana
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:uper tiny eyelids, what store did you find them in?
I got them at this German ebay store: https://www.ebay.de/itm/75-Eyelets-Nieten-%C3%96sen-Rund-1-1-x-0-9mm-Verschiedene-Farben-zur-Auswahl/141165835586?var=440240154680

I bought the last black ones, but they have silver, too, and I would think they'll get the black ones back in as well, looking at how many they've sold in total.

I haven't really consciously created a post-apocalyptic world, but when I read something about someone else's I know whether it's part of mine or not. ^^
A post-apocalyptic resource/inspiration thread would definitely be cool. Smile

I'm really liking the Xena setting and want to create some leather armor and the likes. I created my first very simple upper arm band the other day! Manually. Yay! Laughing
Looking into boots and corsets and skirts next.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for sharing that link, Diana! I am currently trying to find some tiny metal 'rivets' --- don't know how else to term them. What I mean are the sorts of thing that would be used on a leather belt or something like that, to hold the pieces of leather together. In 1:1 it would be an actual rivet, but in 1/6 I imagine it would just be a tiny round metal button or something that you'd stick or glue on in order to give the impression. I know I have seen these before somewhere, but haven't been able to find them again. I'm guessing I could make some, but not sure what would work, other than cutting the head off an actual 1:1 pin, but I don't want any pokey bits sticking out and scratching the figure.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
AerynDiana wrote:

Here are some links to a vendor in Crown Point NY, who is fast to ship, has reasonable prices and some boots you might like. His shipping rates are reasonable also.

http://www.smcgcustoms.com/~smcgcust/Prestashop/category.php?id_category=11

http://www.smcgcustoms.com/~smcgcust/Prestashop/product.php?id_product=766

http://www.smcgcustoms.com/~smcgcust/Prestashop/product.php?id_product=658

http://www.smcgcustoms.com/~smcgcust/Prestashop/product.php?id_product=1201

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Be careful dealing with smcgcustoms. There have been issues in the past with him, and it often takes a lot of effort on the buyers part to get issues resolved. He also has more than a bit of a reputation for unscrupulous business dealings with other vendors.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague S32A:  Not Safe For Work:  Tasteful Artistic Doll Nudity in B&W.   - Page 2 C8485110

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Be careful dealing with smcgcustoms. There have been issues in the past with him, and it often takes a lot of effort on the buyers part to get issues resolved. He also has more than a bit of a reputation for unscrupulous business dealings with other vendors.

Thanks! I did not know this. For what it's worth, I ordered twice from him, got my orders shipped rapidly and had no issues.

Diana

Diana
Oof! You're right. I love those steampunk boots! But I'll actually try making some myself. Totally determined now. I'm tired of staring at $15+ for shipping from the US and would love to be free of that. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
AerynDiana wrote:Oof! You're right. I love those steampunk boots! But I'll actually try making some myself. Totally determined now. I'm tired of staring at $15+ for shipping from the US and would love to be free of that. Smile

Admire your determination, and yes, I am tired of seeing that constantly, too. Or worse... more like 30+ for shipping on ebay, in some cases. affraid

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum