OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague S32A: Not Safe For Work: Tasteful Artistic Doll Nudity in B&W.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35531831@N02/49606497401/in/dateposted-public/

Given some of the reviews on the most recent TBLeague products, not to mention my own loose elbow experience with the S28 which seems to reflect the experience others who've posted here have had with the S28/29 series, I've been jittery about purchasing their latest releases, preferring to stick with older models.  Nonetheless, I finally broke down and decided to try one of their S32A's with the long legs and slender shoulders.  As others have reviewed it already, I won't go into detail other than saying that though a lovely body, the slender shoulders, long legs and shorter arms means it will be difficult to fit in anything that's not a bikini, underwear or made of tight stretchy material. My however the body does seem perfect for doing artistic nude studies, which is what I've decided to show here. I hope this does not offend anyone or violate the posting guidelines.  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/35531831@N02/49606497056/in/dateposted-public/

For the record, I've shot quite a lot of artistic nudes with real models over the last 18 years or so, generally for creative release, but the cost of hiring models and the fact that I no longer have a viable studio space in my current home, not to mention the availability of TBLeague dolls have prompted me to try doing this in 1/6th scale and I like the results so far.  I'm a very big fan of the late Peter Gowland's style of B&W nudes incidentally, and so I think the S32 might never acquire any clothes of her own, other than maybe a pair of boots or shoes ;O)

Both the photos here were shot in natural light at high F stop for maximum depth of field, using a tripod to steady the camera. The files were shot in color first to maintain as much data as possible, then a B&W conversion was made in Photoshop, along with some tinkering with the contrasts.  

As always, your comments and feedback are much appreciated.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Beautiful lighting and poses! That Super Duck sculpt is so pretty. The second image is especially effective.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:Beautiful lighting and poses! That Super Duck sculpt is so pretty. The second image is especially effective.

Thank-you. The lighting is what photographers call the "best" light; natural light. The patterns you see are made by light streaming through my living room blinds, projecting shadows on the background.

Diana

Diana
Very nice. Since I came into this hobby looking for a drawing reference I totally share the passion for artistic nude photos, and these are beautiful examples!

I also caved a few weeks ago and received my first S33B last week. I gave her the blonde grunge head. She is beautiful, but like you said: Those narrow shoulders resulted in her only wearing a cropped neckholder, which looks great! And pants. She's wearing pants. Black cargo pants, which fit nicely.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana - curious what you mean by the 'blonde grunge head'? Which sculpt is that? 

And TPB - that is indeed a lovely effect, and natural lighting is always a fave of mine.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
AerynDiana wrote:Very nice. Since I came into this hobby looking for a drawing reference I totally share the passion for artistic nude photos, and these are beautiful examples!

I also caved a few weeks ago and received my first S33B last week. I gave her the blonde grunge head. She is beautiful, but like you said: Those narrow shoulders resulted in her only wearing a cropped neckholder, which looks great! And pants. She's wearing pants. Black cargo pants, which fit nicely.

I find it's easier fitting the S32/33 for bottoms than tops, despite the long legs. I found that the same jodhpurs my Erika von Stroheim character (built on an S22) wears fit the S32 nicely at the waist but are a bit short. Since however she would be wearing tall boots, that wouldn't pose a problem.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed beautiful photos, she's very pretty.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
These are quite good, I remember having to explain a few times what my hobby was, can't being to imagine how it would be to explain viewing this. 😁

You should make some in scale posters for your other figures, I'm sure they would appreciate it.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! TBLeague S32A:  Not Safe For Work:  Tasteful Artistic Doll Nudity in B&W.   1f60e

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Indeed beautiful photos, she's very pretty.

Thank-you. I will shortly be doing more, though probably posting them mainly on my Flickr page so as not to turn this page into a forum on artistic nudes with 12" figures.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Theboo-bomb wrote:These are quite good, I remember having to explain a few times what my hobby was, can't being to imagine how it would be to explain viewing this. 😁

You should make some in scale posters for your other figures, I'm sure they would appreciate it.

A picture speaks for itself and tells a thousand words. I might take up your suggestion on the scale posters.....

Diana

Diana
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I find it's easier fitting the S32/33 for bottoms than tops, despite the long legs.  I found that the same jodhpurs my Erika von Stroheim character (built on an S22) wears fit the S32 nicely at the waist but are a bit short. Since however she would be wearing tall boots, that wouldn't pose a problem.
That's exactly what I did. ^^

skywalkersaga wrote:Diana - curious what you mean by the 'blonde grunge head'? Which sculpt is that? 
There you go: Very Happy

Painkiller Jane (S23B), S17B, S33B (with blonde grunge head), S06B and Nancy's body (S29B):
TBLeague S32A:  Not Safe For Work:  Tasteful Artistic Doll Nudity in B&W.   Tbl_co10

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
AerynDiana wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I find it's easier fitting the S32/33 for bottoms than tops, despite the long legs.  I found that the same jodhpurs my Erika von Stroheim character (built on an S22) wears fit the S32 nicely at the waist but are a bit short. Since however she would be wearing tall boots, that wouldn't pose a problem.
That's exactly what I did. ^^

skywalkersaga wrote:Diana - curious what you mean by the 'blonde grunge head'? Which sculpt is that? 
There you go: Very Happy

Painkiller Jane (S23B), S17B, S33B (with blonde grunge head), S06D and Nancy's body (S29B):
TBLeague S32A:  Not Safe For Work:  Tasteful Artistic Doll Nudity in B&W.   Tbl_co10

That's a great looking set AerynDiana. There is something wonderfully dystopian about it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for explaining about the head, Diana -- I get it now! Very Happy 

And that's a great line-up -- looks like they are in a band or something. ;D

Diana

Diana
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:That's a great looking set AerynDiana.  There is something wonderfully dystopian about it.  

skywalkersaga wrote:And that's a great line-up -- looks like they are in a band or something. ;D

Thank you very much! They are my own little band of bad-ass chicks! Smile Still at the very early stages. ^^

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
AerynDiana wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:That's a great looking set AerynDiana.  There is something wonderfully dystopian about it.  

skywalkersaga wrote:And that's a great line-up -- looks like they are in a band or something. ;D

Thank you very much! They are my own little band of bad-ass chicks! Smile Still at the very early stages. ^^

They look like they could be road bandits or an urban gang in my post-apocalyptic range. I will keep these in mind as an inspiration.

Diana

Diana
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
AerynDiana wrote:

They look like they could be road bandits or an urban gang in my post-apocalyptic range.  I will keep these in mind as an inspiration.  
I'm honoured! Very Happy
Lady in black will get some leather accessories. Already got the fabric. Just don't know how to sew! Laughing

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
AerynDiana wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
AerynDiana wrote:

They look like they could be road bandits or an urban gang in my post-apocalyptic range.  I will keep these in mind as an inspiration.  
I'm honoured! Very Happy
Lady in black will get some leather accessories. Already got the fabric. Just don't know how to sew! Laughing

Yeah, you give these ladies some weapons like shotguns, pistols, maybe the odd machete or crowbar, and they would be even more badass.

Diana

Diana
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
AerynDiana wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
AerynDiana wrote:

I'm honoured! Very Happy

Yeah, you give these ladies some weapons like shotguns, pistols, maybe the odd machete or crowbar, and they would be even more badass.
Absolutely! Lady in Black will get a blade of some kind. Tall blonde will get a baseball bat or a staff. Nancy won't get her chainsaw back. Just doesn't fit the theme. But if I take those yellow gloves off then guns will likely be the best fit. Neo has a few spares... Very Happy

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
AerynDiana wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
AerynDiana wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
AerynDiana wrote:

I'm honoured! Very Happy

Absolutely! Lady in Black will get a blade of some kind. Tall blonde will get a baseball bat or a staff. Nancy won't get her chainsaw back. Just doesn't fit the theme. But if I take those yellow gloves off then guns will likely be the best fit. Neo has a few spares... Very Happy

Chainsaws are hard to fit into any theme except horror.  They are much too clumsy and noisy to be good weapons except against an unarmed person. Monkey Depot parted out several Nancy in Hell boxes and though I thought the chainsaws would be the first items to go, they weren't.  The boots were. MD still has three chainsaws left in fact. (I just checked now.) These ladies look like they should be carrying guns, knives, baseball bats, crowbars, short barrelled shotguns...that sort of thing.  My theme being early post-apocalyptic most of my characters carry a long arm such as a rifle or submachine gun, a pistol and a knife, though with little uniformity as to types.  I find you have to think a lot about your theme and setting before choosing clothing and weapons.  

TBLeague S32A:  Not Safe For Work:  Tasteful Artistic Doll Nudity in B&W.   49001363806_8ce910b0c7_cKamiko Observes by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

TBLeague S32A:  Not Safe For Work:  Tasteful Artistic Doll Nudity in B&W.   48562237036_11ce1cf6c5_c20190817_The Squad_0003 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

They even all have matching backpacks now...

TBLeague S32A:  Not Safe For Work:  Tasteful Artistic Doll Nudity in B&W.   48562236881_4bbf96252f_c20190817_The Squad_0008 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Sometimes however, less is more as in the case of this outfit, which has yet to find a permanent figure to wear it.

TBLeague S32A:  Not Safe For Work:  Tasteful Artistic Doll Nudity in B&W.   49508733446_9ebf3d08a0_cThe business end.... by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

When I do actually get a body for this one, I'll probably add a knife, a cowboy hat or something, and maybe a pouch for some extra shotgun shells.  She has the look of a farm girl with a scattergun and I like it.  No need to add too much.

Speaking of not adding much, more nude photos of the SB32 in the buff have been added to my Flickr profile, this time mostly in pin-up / glamour style , with the FeelWo toys gas pump. If nudity offends you...do not click on this link.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/35531831@N02/

Diana

Diana
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
AerynDiana wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Yeah, you give these ladies some weapons like shotguns, pistols, maybe the odd machete or crowbar, and they would be even more badass.

Chainsaws are hard to fit into any theme except horror.  They are much too clumsy and noisy to be good weapons except against an unarmed person. Monkey Depot parted out several Nancy in Hell boxes and though I thought the chainsaws would be the first items to go, they weren't.  The boots were. MD still has three chainsaws left in fact. (I just checked now.) These ladies look like they should be carrying guns, knives, baseball bats, crowbars, short barrelled shotguns...that sort of thing.  My theme being early post-apocalyptic most of my characters carry a long arm such as a rifle or submachine gun, a pistol and a knife, though with little uniformity as to types.  I find you have to think a lot about your theme and setting before choosing clothing and weapons.  

[...]

TBLeague S32A:  Not Safe For Work:  Tasteful Artistic Doll Nudity in B&W.   48562237036_11ce1cf6c5_c20190817_The Squad_0003 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr
This is my fav! Beautiful shot!

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
[...]

Speaking of not adding much, more nude photos of the SB32 in the buff have been added to my Flickr profile, this time mostly in pin-up / glamour style , with the FeelWo toys gas pump. If nudity offends you...do not click on this link.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/35531831@N02/

Beautiful shots and beautiful characters!!

I mostly resist guns. They just don't feel normal to me, probably because I'm in Germany and I've never even seen a gun except on police. For the longest time even they didn't carry guns. So I'm thinking in my setting guns and bullets are hard to come by. ^^

I hadn't thought of crowbars! Should be easy enough to make. Very Happy

I also bought a loose set of Nancy boots as soon as Nancy arrived. They are beautiful. Also got my eyes on a pair of those Skye boots, but shipping is so damn expensive and US-sellers tend to put the real price on the box, so I'm likely to get hit my tax, too! -.-

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Love the new 'pin-up' shot on the flickr group, TPB! Very classic and classy. Smile

And Diana, that's really interesting about the gun topic, and makes sense. I'm quite partial to long knives myself. Like the historical seax carried by Germanic peoples of the Migration era and early medieval period [aka, where the name 'Saxon' comes from]. Could definitely make some modernized versions of that, in varying sizes. Smile

ETA: I think shazzdan did a tutorial on making a handmade machete type weapon, iirc.

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:And Diana, that's really interesting about the gun topic, and makes sense. I'm quite partial to long knives myself. Like the historical seax carried by Germanic peoples of the Migration era and early medieval period [aka, where the name 'Saxon' comes from]. Could definitely make some modernized versions of that, in varying sizes. Smile
NICE!!! Never heard of that, but THAT's what I'm talking about! Thanks for the inspiration! Smile
I'm also thinking: Garbage reused as a weapon... A hammer would be nice, too! Twisted Evil
Golf club! Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
AerynDiana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:And Diana, that's really interesting about the gun topic, and makes sense. I'm quite partial to long knives myself. Like the historical seax carried by Germanic peoples of the Migration era and early medieval period [aka, where the name 'Saxon' comes from]. Could definitely make some modernized versions of that, in varying sizes. Smile
NICE!!! Never heard of that, but THAT's what I'm talking about! Thanks for the inspiration! Smile
I'm also thinking: Garbage reused as a weapon... A hammer would be nice, too! Twisted Evil
Golf club! Very Happy

You are welcome! Very Happy And a post-apocalyptic 'war hammer' is indeed a great idea! I think any basic household tools could be weaponized, in some ways.

And a golf club features in one of my fave episodes and scenes of The Walking Dead, so I can definitely appreciate that. ;D

blackpool

blackpool
Might be hard to find by now, but Casey Jones from the ninja turtles had a cool loadout that could please your ladies Diana!

TBLeague S32A:  Not Safe For Work:  Tasteful Artistic Doll Nudity in B&W.   420ab8a2-cc95-46e2-8ad6-0c2678f0a850

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That's an awesome looking figure, blackpool!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum