OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Imperial Tankers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Imperial Tankers  Empty Imperial Tankers Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:27 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
This is something I've been working on for awhile, and now she's mostly finished (aside from some odds and ends and random stowage)

Imperial Tankers  49743886088_a142e4127b_c

She started as a 1/12 RC Airsoft tank, which was rescued from Good Will in rough shape for 7 bucks.

Imperial Tankers  49744432366_6473135103_c
I used bits and bobs from all sorts of things, including gum container covers for the hatches, a mint tin
for an extra storage container, extra guns from a 3¾" Snowspeeder toy I had kicking around, a 1/6 scale
WWII German Zeltbahn, some 1/24 scale decals, and lots of paint.

Imperial Tankers  49744432711_3cd132b2ed_c

Imperial Tankers  49744432681_af0968bc57_c

Imperial Tankers  49743886238_5af0368bfe_c

Imperial Tankers  49744754527_5627739930_c

And the crew.
Imperial Tankers  49744432696_f66d24bba2_c

From left to right: Engineer (backpack has since been repainted, it was a last minute addition), Commander, Pilot, and Co-Pilot.

They've been done up for awhile in anticipation of this, all in WWII German Pea Dot style.

This should really help make for some interesting photos. The only challenge now is preventing my 4 year old from destroying it.

2Imperial Tankers  Empty Re: Imperial Tankers Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:54 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That. Is. Awesome. Excellent work. Did you build that tank from scratch, or are some of the parts from existing tanks? Really impressive. (By the way, I'd like to see your entire military collection some day -- it has to be pretty amazing.)

Good luck with the 4 year old. (I can remember when my brothers and I were in grade school we used to use our all metal Tonka trucks (with GI Joe passengers) as Demolition Derby vehicles -- we'd run them as hard as we could into each other and see if we could damage them -- barely a scratch on those damn things [back when toys were quality made]; oh, we lost some windshields along the way, but other than that... tough stuff for sure.) Good fun, but I don't think you'd want that to happen to your tank.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Imperial Tankers  C8485110

3Imperial Tankers  Empty Re: Imperial Tankers Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:59 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Stryker2011 wrote:That. Is. Awesome. Excellent work. Did you build that tank from scratch, or are some of the parts from existing tanks? Really impressive. (By the way, I'd like to see your entire military collection some day -- it has to be pretty amazing.)

Good luck with the 4 year old. (I can remember when my brothers and I were in grade school we used to use our all metal Tonka trucks (with GI Joe passengers) as Demolition Derby vehicles -- we'd run them as hard as we could into each other and see if we could damage them -- barely a scratch on those damn things [back when toys were quality made]; oh, we lost some windshields along the way, but other than that... tough stuff for sure.) Good fun, but I don't think you'd want that to happen to your tank.

Thanks! For the most part the tank is salvaged from an older model RC tank. They're a bit harder to find, but this is what it would've looked like brand new.

I'm hoping to get this bad boy out with the rest of my custom painted troopers soon.

I did similar with some of my toys when I was a kid, too, some smashin' and bashin', throwing GI Joes out of the hay loft with plastic bags as parachutes...

4Imperial Tankers  Empty Re: Imperial Tankers Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:43 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hah! I did the parachute thing, too. Lot of fun. My older brother and I would often get in trouble because we’d manage to find a way onto the roof or the 25’ tree in the back yard. Good times until my idiot brother climbed to the highest point he could get on that tree and the limb broke — I laughed my ass off as he fell, smashing into some of the limbs on the way down. ‘Course it wasn’t so funny as he laid there crying — broke his collar bone and arm. I got my @$$ beat for laughing. That was pretty much the end of our GI Joe parachuting.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Imperial Tankers  C8485110

5Imperial Tankers  Empty Re: Imperial Tankers Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:52 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful, intricate, and gritty -- nothing surprising given your previous work, but I always love to see your new creations. Nice mustache on the commander, too. I'm imagining Tom Selleck cast as an extra... Smile

6Imperial Tankers  Empty Re: Imperial Tankers Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:55 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
GubernatorFan wrote:Beautiful, intricate, and gritty -- nothing surprising given your previous work, but I always love to see your new creations. Nice mustache on the commander, too. I'm imagining Tom Selleck cast as an extra... Smile

Haha thanks a lot, really appreciate it!

7Imperial Tankers  Empty Re: Imperial Tankers Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:13 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Finally, the tank is finished! Wouldn't have been surprised if it was made of Canadian paper towels, hockeytape and floor polish.

You know how much I like your gritty nitty interpretation of the Imperial army. That co pilot with the yellow on the helmet reminds me a bit of an Imperial agent I once repainted, they look great in alternative color schemes.

I am a fan of that mustache too. As Gubernator said, he could have been an extra from a crowd scene without a single line and 4 seconds screentime in the original movies, a scene that secured him a large fanbase, spawning 11 comics books, 3 books and 8 action figures. The actor would live from signing autographs on conventions an be a guest character in Rogue One.

8Imperial Tankers  Empty Re: Imperial Tankers Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:45 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Ovy wrote:Finally, the tank is finished! Wouldn't have been surprised if it was made of Canadian paper towels, hockeytape and floor polish.

You know how much I like your gritty nitty interpretation of the Imperial army. That co pilot with the yellow on the helmet reminds me a bit of an Imperial agent I once repainted, they look great in alternative color schemes.

I am a fan of that mustache too. As Gubernator said, he could have been an extra from a crowd scene without a single line and 4 seconds screentime in the original movies, a scene that secured him a large fanbase, spawning 11 comics books, 3 books and 8 action figures. The actor would live from signing autographs on conventions an be a guest character in Rogue One.

Haha thanks a lot! Trust me, there was plenty of floor polish applied as sealer Wink

I think I remember that agent you did, grey and yellow? Liked that scheme a lot!

You'd probably like my Mud Trooper Sgt. too, with his snazzy eyepatch and pea dot.

9Imperial Tankers  Empty Re: Imperial Tankers Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:22 am

Adeno

Oh wow, very beautiful! I love it Very Happy

10Imperial Tankers  Empty Re: Imperial Tankers Fri May 29, 2020 8:51 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Adeno wrote:Oh wow, very beautiful! I love it Very Happy

Thank you very much Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum