OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Empty An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Thu 30 Apr 2020 - 5:46

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
MUSIC FOR THE MOOD:

A year's time passed by, and it was Gheizt's general rule to relocate his lair to a different setting by this time so as to avoid potential detection. He found a nice secluded area near some caverns in the wilderness, and gradually relocated all the lab's equipment.

An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2253
An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2254An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2255
An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2256An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2257
An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2258An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2259

Things had been all too quiet for some time now throughout the lands. On this day, however, a woman appeared in Gheizt's lair, seemingly out of thin air, startling him. He was bewildered at first, but as Gheizt came closer, he realized she was afraid and that also...she looked familiar.

An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2260
An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2261

It was Aurora, a girl he could have sworn he had previously only met in some sort of...dream state. Yet here she was now. Aurora explained that she and a boy named Ashteran had discovered a set of sacred artifacts and had been toying around with them, including the teleportation device she used to get here. But Ashteran went mad and seemingly became possessed, mutating into a monstrous entity, though not before 'marking' Aurora with some strange energy that permanently tattooed her face and allowed him to remain 'bonded' with her. She escaped in a hurry, using the teleporter to randomly appear near the first person that popped in her head - a man who she had only seen in her dream states many times before, yet somehow had this very strong connection to.

An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2263
An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2264
An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2265
An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2266
An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2267

Aurora was devastated by the entire situation, and on top of that her teleportation device had somehow been fried by coming here. But Gheizt assured her she would be safe, and that he had plenty of supplies to share, as well as certain supernatural stones in his possession that could probably help repair her teleportation device.

An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2268
An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2269
An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2270An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2271

However, just then the lab's lights flickered as a deep raspy voice whispered from behind them: "Oohhh I don't THINK so..."
An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2272
An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2273

2An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Empty Re: An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Thu 30 Apr 2020 - 6:01

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
fantastic post. Love the story telling and great figures and diorama you have put together

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

3An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Empty Re: An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Thu 30 Apr 2020 - 8:30

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The diorama set up is gorgeous, and you have perfected the looks of Gheizt and Ashteran. But I do hope that poor Aurora will find a cure for her facial affliction. Smile

4An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Empty Re: An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Thu 30 Apr 2020 - 10:04

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really cool stuff. That diorama is so cool. Nicely done story.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) C8485110

5An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Empty Re: An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Thu 30 Apr 2020 - 14:06

Ovy

Ovy
Wow Gheizt looks like a star. A mix of Rocky, Jim Morrison and a sexy Hollywood version of Da Vinci or Raphael.

And interesting info on those face markings, there is more to them it seems. Aurora getting more badass with every update.

6An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Empty Re: An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Fri 1 May 2020 - 18:27

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
You have added a lot of life to your diorama, it's amazing.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) 1f60e

7An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Empty Re: An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Sat 2 May 2020 - 13:41

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Oh man, the lab looks better and better with each incarnation! I have so many questions! Is this the origin story, or did Gheizt lose his memories along with his facial markings? I know we've seen him with them before. Or is Gheizt from this world that Ashteran and Aurora ended up in, and this is really the start of the story? Or is time an illusion? Always enjoy seeing your characters interacting!

8An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Empty Re: An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Sat 2 May 2020 - 20:42

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Thanks everyone, I spent a lot of time gradually building this one up and I think it's basically finished at this point. This was also maybe just an excuse to display the new headsculpt with rooted hair. Razz

To Reverend, I usually keep the mystery of what does and doesn't actually happen, like Inception perhaps. I really like that saying, 'time is an illusion,' as well. But here is the finale to this segment that may shed some more light on that concept, or maybe just confuse you more...lol

((Gheizt was not sure whether it was fatigue or something else, but Aurora suddenly collapsed in front of him. He managed to catch her, staring down in confusion at the black fog that filled her eyes. Then he looked back to the wall Aurora had been staring at in shock before she fainted. A faint image of a face with words appeared on the wall, as Gheizt looked back to Aurora and a flood of memories echoed through his mind. The black fog was soon leaving Aurora's eyes and she awoke, but it was too late: the message had already been delivered.))

An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Collap10
An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Shadow10
An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Touch10
An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Img_2275
An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Rememb10An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Rememb11
An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Merge10

9An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Empty Re: An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Sat 2 May 2020 - 23:40

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You lost me at Inception, but I still enjoyed looking at your figures and dioramas.

10An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Empty Re: An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Sun 3 May 2020 - 5:05

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very awesome entry. Apologies for being late to these updates. Geizt looks like a classic rock star and I love him. :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

11An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Empty Re: An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) Sun 3 May 2020 - 7:49

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Geizt looks like a classic rock star and I love him. :')

That’s what I thought. I got a heavy Paul Stanley (unmasked) vibe from the second-to-last pic.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

An Old Friend (The Lab Pt 2) C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum