OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

gooboo

Box Contents-

Nefertiti figure
3 Sets of hands
Battle top and neck accessory
Belt
Skirt
Arm bands
Forearm armor
Ankle armor
2 Royal scepters
Sword
Vase
Base

Estimated release date August 2020

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) Pic110

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) Pic210

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) Pic310

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) Pic410

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) Pic510

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) Pic610

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) Pic810

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) Pic910

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) Pic1010

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) Pic1110

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) Pic1211

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) Pic1311

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) Pic1411

gooboo

This body confuses me. It looks like the upcoming s38/s39 body based on the size of her hips and bust, but she has attached feet? Are they going to release a new body type later this year with attached feet, or is it only for this figure? Why make a unique body just for this one figure?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Cool figure, but ARGH....c'mon, tbleague... why not use as opportunity to make slightly different skintone???! 

And hmm, yeah.... the feet/ankles thing is quite odd. Unless it's either crazy photoshopped , or it really is seamless foot body. Perhaps the fact there is a stand with waist grabber says something, though they do sometimes include those anyway...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks like a new body with seamless feet. If they made them able to stand on its own, this new trend would be worthwhile.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting, especially for its head and crown, and some of the accessories. The seamless attached feet are probably trouble, and in historical terms the clothing is actually more male than female (I'm not referring to the fantasy bra).

Sky, where you see opportunity, they are probably seeing complication. For what it is worth, there is an argument that Nefertiti ("the beautiful one has arrived") was not Egyptian-born, but a Mittanian princess from northern Mesopotamia (the Mittanians were mostly Hurrians speaking a language similar to Georgian, with possibly a foreign elite bearing Indo-European names). It is the less likely view, but it is there.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Fair enough, GF (pun intended). But still , just the principle of the thing...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Fair enough, GF (pun intended). But still , just the principle of the thing...

Oh, I agree. Ancient Egyptians may not have been "African" in the usual sense of the word, but they would generally have been less fair than this. The lead from Mr Robot and Bohemian Rhapsody is Egyptian (although in the latter case they had him play someone of Persian descent!). Either way, I would love to see more tanned bodies from TBLeague (and in the male case also a lighter one).

Delanie

Delanie
I think this is a better offering than some but the usual applies, her chest is too bloomin' big!

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
She looks really good!

Hmm I wounder how I can fit her into my story lines?

MerylAkiba

So the 1 inch top hat is non removable? Without the hat and base, she's a short stack? Her feet look like Daffy Duck.  Is that a spittoon or a crunk cup?

in California, we call that body type, the Kardashian.

The body sculpt looks good. The rest is meh. I see recycle pieces from the last 3 Halloween theme tropes.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:She looks really good!

Hmm I wounder how I can fit her into my story lines?

Hot Tub Time Machine. Wink

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) C8485110

brassco

brassco
i tried to search for infos about this figure, but i couldn't find it...

so if the HS is attached with the hear wear permanent, that would be a first...

and yes, i would consider getting this, if the bossom is smaller!!

gooboo

It looks like the hat is part of the head to me, although I have no way to be sure based off the information that's currently available.

Diana

Diana
Beautiful body. Too busty. Wobbly feet. Ugh.
I can imagine the hat coming off as per Gethsemoni, which was a tight fit on sculpted hair.

I understand the seamless feet for this particular figure. But I hope they'll release the body with detachable feet. Doesn't seem to be the trend though...

Why don't they do what others do and offer the same body with two or three bust size options or even with an additional option of detachable/seamless feet. The price might go up slightly because sales would be split between multiple models, but... They should do it for their most popular bodies for sure. (Not to mention skin colors... Rolling Eyes) If they did that I can imagine sales going up in total, due to the increased flexibility in design, making up for the increased production costs.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Agree with you, Diana! It’s frustrating !

Re: the hat — if it came off , you’d think it would be included amongst the accessories at the end... right... ?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I don’t think the headdress comes off — it looks to be part of the sculpt to me.

Diana

Diana
Ah yes, good point. It was listed separately for Gethsemoni and did look visibly detached in the promos.
It's probably attached then. ^^'

Nekk-ra

She has a a striking face, and most of the figure works well enough that I may obtain her at some point. However, she has a variation of that strange bikini top Tbleague likes to give their faux Egyptian figures, though not as bad as Anck's and probably true to the ARH source material. Not thrilled by the seamless feet, if that is what she has, because they managed to get those anklets on her somehow. I also echo the sentiment that a smaller bustline and a bronze-ish skin tone would have been very welcome, considering their horror-based figures are a rainbow of colors.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well said, Nekkra!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The one-piece head with crown is disappointing, and I recently realized the crown is inaccurate at the back (it could cover the whole hairline with its neckguard portion, which is a sort of mirror (but with rounded edges) of the field over the forehead).

ahbake

I don't get it... having such a beautiful historical sculpture to work from, they make this head sculpt? Rolling Eyes

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ahbake wrote:I don't get it... having such a beautiful historical sculpture to work from, they make this head sculpt? Rolling Eyes

Good point.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
They’re actually basing it on the ARH stuff — not the historical. But, yeah, it would have been cool the other way.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I feel like a lot of Tbleague output is lost on people unless they understand what sources /licenses they are basing it on. I honestly did not understand wtf they were thinking with some of this stuff until I saw the actual comics designs as well. With rare exceptions, I am not a comic book reader and did not even really know that ARH stuff existed. While obviously some of the tbleague figures are originals and/or based on other things, it definitely helped once I understood the context a bit better.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I feel like a lot of Tbleague output is lost on people unless they understand what sources /licenses they are basing it on. I honestly did not understand wtf they were thinking with some of this stuff until I saw the actual comics designs as well. With rare exceptions, I am not a comic book reader and did not even really know that ARH stuff existed. While obviously some of the tbleague figures are originals and/or based on other things, it definitely helped once I understood the context a bit better.

Yeah, I don’t personally blame TBL for a lot of their choices. They have a niche when it comes to their boxed figures (use whatever highlights their bodies, and go after those types of licenses). I don’t ever expect them to put out realistic modern military, or guys/gals in business suits — it just simply isn’t their goal, and they seem to be doing fine operating as is.

I just wish they could see that there are plenty of smoking hot women of color out there that could use their bodies in the same regard as what they’ve been doing. Give me a Barbarian woman who also happens to be black and looks like Kerry Washington, and I can’t imagine it wouldn’t sell. Grace Jones from Conan the Destroyer could certainly use that tall, lean body mold (I forget the number) in a dark skin tone — she wore less clothing than Valeria from the first movie — and that would no doubt sell.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum