OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
ahbake wrote:I don't get it... having such a beautiful historical sculpture to work from, they make this head sculpt? Rolling Eyes

Good point.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
They’re actually basing it on the ARH stuff — not the historical. But, yeah, it would have been cool the other way.

skywalkersaga

I feel like a lot of Tbleague output is lost on people unless they understand what sources /licenses they are basing it on. I honestly did not understand wtf they were thinking with some of this stuff until I saw the actual comics designs as well. With rare exceptions, I am not a comic book reader and did not even really know that ARH stuff existed. While obviously some of the tbleague figures are originals and/or based on other things, it definitely helped once I understood the context a bit better.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I feel like a lot of Tbleague output is lost on people unless they understand what sources /licenses they are basing it on. I honestly did not understand wtf they were thinking with some of this stuff until I saw the actual comics designs as well. With rare exceptions, I am not a comic book reader and did not even really know that ARH stuff existed. While obviously some of the tbleague figures are originals and/or based on other things, it definitely helped once I understood the context a bit better.

Yeah, I don’t personally blame TBL for a lot of their choices. They have a niche when it comes to their boxed figures (use whatever highlights their bodies, and go after those types of licenses). I don’t ever expect them to put out realistic modern military, or guys/gals in business suits — it just simply isn’t their goal, and they seem to be doing fine operating as is.

I just wish they could see that there are plenty of smoking hot women of color out there that could use their bodies in the same regard as what they’ve been doing. Give me a Barbarian woman who also happens to be black and looks like Kerry Washington, and I can’t imagine it wouldn’t sell. Grace Jones from Conan the Destroyer could certainly use that tall, lean body mold (I forget the number) in a dark skin tone — she wore less clothing than Valeria from the first movie — and that would no doubt sell.

ahbake

So this is from a comic? That explains it then...

Diana

Diana
Why bother with these unknown brands? I would expect them to reach a huge audience if they focused on... say... roleplayers. Create a dark and a light version of clerics, rogues, rangers, druids, fighters, paladins, monks, etc... And all those nerds would save some of the money they spend on costumes or books of the latest revision to buy a figure resembling their character instead.

Well, I would have. Back in the day. Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I could be wrong but I think some of these comics already have built-in collector audience due to already being made into collectible statues (much like the Sideshow Court of the Dead stuff). So tbleague is just tapping into collector market that is already there.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
AerynDiana wrote:Why bother with these unknown brands? I would expect them to reach a huge audience if they focused on... say... roleplayers. Create a dark and a light version of clerics, rogues, rangers, druids, fighters, paladins, monks, etc... And all those nerds would save some of the money they spend on costumes or books of the latest revision to buy a figure resembling their character instead.

Well, I would have. Back in the day. Very Happy

I believe it was Flirty Girl (someone correct me if Im wrong) that did something along those lines several years ago (I have all three of the figures they released). All of them were based on “marginally” famous models, who also do cosplay (one makes her own clothes for sale). Rebecca Beauchamp (a glamour fetish model — lots of latex), Kate (Kato) Lambert (British model and steampunk fashion designer), and the other lady I can’t remember her name. I don’t know how successful they were, but the line didn’t go any further than that. The likenesses were... meh, but the clothes were cool. That steampunk outfit that Peaches used for one of her figures, and was sold years after the boxed figure, was based on Kate’s outfits.

As skywalkersaga pointed out, ARH have their own fan base, and have been around for several years — making 1/6 figures open up their fan base.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) - Page 2 C8485110

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I remember those, Flirty Girl's Heroes of the North characters.
I think your third girl is Marie-Claude Bourbonnais as Hornet. Very nice costume... is the pleather still holding up?
And Bianca Beauchamp as Crimson.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:I remember those, Flirty Girl's Heroes of the North characters.
I think your third girl is Marie-Claude Bourbonnais as Hornet. Very nice costume... is the pleather still holding up?
And Bianca Beauchamp as Crimson.

Thanks, you are correct. Both are still fine, no deterioration. But I ended up taking the head off the Hornet figure, and used it for something else.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) - Page 2 C8485110

gooboo

Updated the thread with info from BBTS. There's no mention of a separate hat, or feet for that matter, so I think the hat is attached to the head, as well as having the feet attached to the body.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Passable enough as a fantastical figure, but not for me. Although I would go for that headsculpt, if only the headpiece was removable. I can see Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra in that face, so they're covering all the idealised fantasy Egyptian female angles there. Smile

I am really not happy about this new seamless-therefore-useless feet trend, though.

Stryker2011 wrote:
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:She looks really good!

Hmm I wounder how I can fit her into my story lines?

Hot Tub Time Machine. Wink

Laughing

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Stryker2011 wrote:I just wish they could see that there are plenty of smoking hot women of color out there that could use their bodies in the same regard as what they’ve been doing. Give me a Barbarian woman who also happens to be black and looks like Kerry Washington, and I can’t imagine it wouldn’t sell. Grace Jones from Conan the Destroyer could certainly use that tall, lean body mold (I forget the number) in a dark skin tone — she wore less clothing than Valeria from the first movie — and that would no doubt sell.

Amen, and heck yes. Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Now being parted out on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TBLeague-PL2020-164-1-6-Queen-of-Egypt-Nefertiti-Collectible-Figure-Female-Body/154087964939?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
(see seller's shop for the rest)

The base body:
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) - Page 2 S-l1600

It certainly seems to be seamlessly-footed as you don't usually get feet included in part-outs. Otherwise, I can't decide if that body design is a 29 or a 39, or something unique that falls between them. The feet look quite nicely-sculpted to be fair, but I'm still not tempted to buy it.

I did bag myself a set of the hands however, which are essentially the same design as Gethsemoni, but living flesh coloured.

gooboo

Could be the upcoming s42/s43, which is a curvy figure with attached feet. But not way to tell for sure.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
gooboo wrote:Could be the upcoming s42/s43, which is a curvy figure with attached feet. But not way to tell for sure.

The 42/43 is supposedly tall as well as curvy (if the promo shots can be relied on), while this looks like one of the shorter 29/39 ones. It's odd though as this one's legs seem slimmer than either of those (29/39) models, but then again it may all just be a trick of the camera lens. It could just be a similar but one-off design with seamless feet, who knows.

You're right though, there's no way to be sure until someone gets one and reviews it.

agentghost

agentghost
GeeWillikers wrote:Now being parted out on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TBLeague-PL2020-164-1-6-Queen-of-Egypt-Nefertiti-Collectible-Figure-Female-Body/154087964939?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
(see seller's shop for the rest)

The base body:
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) - Page 2 S-l1600

It certainly seems to be seamlessly-footed as you don't usually get feet included in part-outs. Otherwise, I can't decide if that body design is a 29 or a 39, or something unique that falls between them. The feet look quite nicely-sculpted to be fair, but I'm still not tempted to buy it.

I did bag myself a set of the hands however, which are essentially the same design as Gethsemoni, but living flesh coloured.

is "flesh color" considered pink by phicen standard?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
agentghost wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:I did bag myself a set of the hands however, which are essentially the same design as Gethsemoni, but living flesh coloured.

is "flesh color" considered pink by phicen standard?

That seems to be very much left up in the air, recently.

Starting with the 28/29 (and including newer issues of some older bodies), skin tones became noticeably pinker/redder - often less apparent in photos, but certainly so in-hand. The latest 39 body however seems to be darker/browner again (although I can only speak for the single one I own).

This body and hands? Who knows. And that's not even allowing for the fact that TBL hands (and especially feet) are often slightly different in tone even to the bodies they're meant to specifically match.

I do have a pair of the Gethsemoni hands, and they do indeed have a subtle 'dead' yellow/grey hue to them, enough to not really match with any of the shades of 'normal' TBL suntan.

gooboo

My impatience got the better of me and I decided to buy the body from ebay rather than wait for the s42/s43 to release later this year. I'll post pictures when I get it.

After looking at various pictures and comparing it to the s39, I'm pretty certain this body is the upcoming s42/s43 model.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
gooboo wrote:Could be the upcoming s42/s43, which is a curvy figure with attached feet. But not way to tell for sure.

GeeWillikers wrote:

The 42/43 is supposedly tall as well as curvy (if the promo shots can be relied on), while this looks like one of the shorter 29/39 ones. It's odd though as this one's legs seem slimmer than either of those (29/39) models, but then again it may all just be a trick of the camera lens. It could just be a similar but one-off design with seamless feet, who knows.

You're right though, there's no way to be sure until someone gets one and reviews it.

To play to the speculation a bit, partly because I can, partly because it's fun, I would like to make note of two separate images. The first is the promo shot of the 42/43 bodies from the original New Product post https://servimg.com/view/20089287/115 The second is in the ebay link you provided, where it gives the height of the parted out body at 28cm.

Note how the 42/43 TOWER over that 07 body. OK, maybe half a head isn't towering but I think the TBL body info thread has proven that head sculpts mean the world in final height. Frankly, with as little as I have to go on save promo and ebay pics, I would say the 42/43 is closer to 28.5cm at the top of the neck ball peg. It is going to be a very tall body either way.

All of this is to say that from what I can tell, this is more a custom body than the upcoming 42/43.

Should note that I have a S43 on pre-order, which I will be adding to the data thread as soon as she comes in. I have a lot of headless TBL bodies...should probably fix that.

I could be TOTALLY wrong, but hey, I had fun being wrong if that is the case. Just some fun speculation.

Diana

Diana
I think she doesn't look quite as curvy as the S43. Especially the legs seem thinner. Really looking forward to the evidence photos, gooboo! Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Yep, the selling point of the upcoming 42/43 is (like it or not) that they're 'tall and robust'. This body seems like the TBL average or shorter. The bust also seems too big for the 42/43. But equally, the body seems too tall and slim for a 38/39 otherwise. It looks like a mish-mash of a 39 with a 43 and a Viking Woman/Gethsemoni/Suzi etc body (which itself may turn out to be a 43 with detachable feet). All very confusing as usual and even once we see some in-hand photos I imagine it will still be debatable. Smile

I do wish TBL would just say outright which body they use for each set, it can be a selling-point in itself when it's a new or unique body.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GeeWillikers wrote:Yep, the selling point of the upcoming 42/43 is (like it or not) that they're 'tall and robust'. This body seems like the TBL average or shorter. The bust also seems too big for the 42/43. But equally, the body seems too tall and slim for a 38/39 otherwise. It looks like a mish-mash of a 39 with a 43 and a Viking Woman/Gethsemoni/Suzi etc body (which itself may turn out to be a 43 with detachable feet). All very confusing as usual and even once we see some in-hand photos I imagine it will still be debatable. Smile

I do wish TBL would just say outright which body they use for each set, it can be a selling-point in itself when it's a new or unique body.

I think you're absolutely right at least to the extent that it's weird how TBL's descriptions make an effort to desbribe the build and musculature of loose bodies, but when it comes to describing figures, then they don't. And as a side note, I so deeply wish that just one darn time TBL would make just one body using ferric steel. They can reuse existing molds, and use any skeleton they want, just give me one once which is ferric. Rare Earth Magnets are strong enough to work through the silicone, and it would be so cool to just magically clip on whatever armor and accessories.

cuongcodon

cuongcodon
She come to me in a shining dayNEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) - Page 2 Img_2025
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) - Page 2 Img_2026
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) - Page 2 Img_2027

cuongcodon

cuongcodon
i do not know what the body type, i just only confirm that she will have a secret part, that enough for me in a shining day.

cheerrrrNEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Queen of Egypt-Nefertiti Action Figure (# PL2020-164) - Page 2 Img_2028

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm happy you're happy, C. I do wish her headgear were a separate peace...

cuongcodon

cuongcodon
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm happy you're happy, C. I do wish her headgear were a separate peace...

thank you.

gooboo

Pretty sure the body is an s43. In any case it looks the same as the pictures of someone else's s42, just with a different skin tone.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm happy you're happy, C. I do wish her headgear were a separate peace...

Totally agree, both in terms of this specific figure, and because it generally offends my sense of what 1/6 is all about. If they couldn't do that effectively, there were acceptable alternatives like a separate bare head. Probably the best choice would have been a lower face piece, with swappable hairpiece vs headgear. TBL generally have never gotten into doing figures with alternate heads, and if you ask me it's holding them back, especially now that most of their headsculpts no longer suck.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum