OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Features:

Highly detailed Head sculpt

1/6 Scale Muscular figure body

Hands x 6 piece

Costume:

Jump suit with breast plate

Cape

Boots

Other accessories:

Bo Staff

R Shape throwing Star

Figure Stand

NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure 035
NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure 0a13
NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure 0b12
NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure 11274
NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure 2581
NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure 3390
NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure 4362
NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure 5347
NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure 6332
NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure 7322
NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure 8305
NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure 9290
NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure 10271

#newproduct #ToysEra #TheHeir #male #comicbook #videogame-based

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Wow! Great to see ToysEra setting their sights on DC heroes.
I was misled by the title "The Heir", i thought it was Damian Wayne Robin.
But the costume is based on Robin in the Titans TV series played by Brenton Thwaites, the sculpt doesn't look much like him.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
A definite PO for me. Very Happy

Matt.s99

Soosootoys is also making one. Gonna wait to see their headsculpt to determine which one I want to get.
This one is pretty nice though

Diana

Diana
I love the show. This doesn't look much like the actor, but I rarely mind that as long as it still looks good, which it does.
He is magnificent! Very Happy

Nekk-ra

Most of the Robins, with the exception of Carrie and to an extent Spoiler, basically have the same look, so one can decide which one this figure represents. It's a nicely done figure without question, but I'm very glad I don't want to go down this road with my collection.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad at least I figured out it's Robin... although in that case I was expecting Chris O'Donnell or another Joseph Hyphen-name. But yes, this doesn't look anything like Brenton Thwaites.

Skippy

Matt.s99 wrote:Soosootoys is also making one. Gonna wait to see their headsculpt to determine which one I want to get.

SooSoo must have a network of spies as even when they're not allegedly stealing sculpts and 3D modelling files, they frequently come out with the same things shortly after another company.

Saying that, SooSoo does make good figures, and their packaging rivals Hot Toys'.

Before jumping on the Toys Era I'd wait to see what the other one looks like, as I have a feeling SooSoo will be better.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Asta wrote:
Matt.s99 wrote:Soosootoys is also making one. Gonna wait to see their headsculpt to determine which one I want to get.

SooSoo must have a network of spies as even when they're not allegedly stealing sculpts and 3D modelling files, they frequently come out with the same things shortly after another company.

I wonder that about a lot of these bootleg companies

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure C8485110

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:I wonder that about a lot of these bootleg companies

I've heard it said a number of times that 1/6 production in China is a small world, and they're using a relatively small number of factories.

There's a seemingly endless number of company names which makes it sound like hundreds of different producers in operation, but we know that a lot of them belong to the same 'parent' companies. No doubt spreading their risk when it comes to case of lacking licenses.

When that Dark Souls Onion Knight appeared under the CM Toys name I thought that was a blast from the past - CM Toys were making gladiator figures years back. Then it was revealed (on BBICN I think) that they were actually CooModels. Last year there were some announcements on the same day from CooModel and Pop Toys - Henry VIII and Henry V - that rang alarm bells that they might be the same firm. The Henry VIII is a loosely historical figure, whereas the Henry V is based on a film.

VTS did something similar when they created the DAM brand for their military figures, while using the VTS name to make figures from films and video games. Though their history is a little muddy as they also produced some unlicensed figures under DAM.

SooSoo, however, has a really bad name for copying and even stealing other company's work. It's happened so frequently that it can't be a coincidence.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That Henry VIII figure you mentioned is actually loosely-based on the show Tudors.

Skippy

I didn't know if it was Tudors or Wolf Hall, but they based it on the real Henry's last (?) suit of armour. Whereas the Henry V was based specifically on the film itself, which was a fantasy creation the costume designer said they went for, if I remember correctly, for lightness and practicality.

Both figures were a mess though, as Henry VIII was older and fatter by the time he had that armour, and the legs were wrong. But CooModel could pass it off without any concern of licensing

For any of their concerns about licensing though, you don't often hear of figures having to go underground. The two that stand out are Art Figure's 2012 Dredd, and Lim Toys' 'Gunslinger' which got a cease and desist, as did some of the retailers.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't know if either series got the armor right, but the features were (imperfectly but recognizably) those of Jonathan R-D from the Tudors (and less than coincidental resemblance to Henry VIII).

Skippy

I thought it looked more like Damian Lewis from Wolf Hall.

When the figure was announced I tried to find if that armour had been worn in either series. Couldn't find any evidence, so presumed it was just a mash-up of partial real life and a celebrity sculpt. With the Henry V it didn't take long to see that it was from The Hollow Crown:

NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure Henry_V

NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure %2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F53222111-e382-3672-adfd-874cbbc3637b

Two different Henry figures announced on the same day was the oddity that made me curious whether they were the same company. If you Google images for CooModel and for Pop Toys it's clear which one is more conservative and which is far riskier when it comes to licensed material.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GF -- I had thought the Henry VIII was based on the Tudors show as well.

ETA: the figure:

NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure 786c3910

‘Henry VIII’ in the Tudor’s show :

NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure 38094c10

Funny enough, Henry Cavill (currently making an appearance in the Superman thread ) was also in that show Wink

NEW PRODUCT: ToysEra: TE034 1/6 Scale The HEIR action figure Bf60be10

Asta -- you mentioned CooModel and PopToys. For a while now I have presumed it was an open secret that these were two branches of the same company. With CooModel doing more of the male bodies and figures, and PopToys doing (mostly) the female and some others. At the very least, I presumed they must be working in conjunction somehow. 

I don't even know for sure *why* I have presumed this, and since I don't pay THAT close attention to product announcements ( in terms of which ones come up in relation with each other), I don't think it was because of that, but rather moreso to do with their actual output. But it's interesting you thought the same thing. 

Regardless of that specific connection being true or not, I do think you are right that many of these seemingly endless array of 1/6 companies are in fact just the same set of companies [or branches/off-shoots thereof] just putting releases out under different names. This is how it's possible for a 'new' company to just pop up with already-established looking products. If that makes sense.  And of course, some of it is also no doubt certain companies nicking each other's designs and essentially making knock-off's of each other's knock-offs.

Skippy

skywalkersaga wrote:GF -- I had thought the Henry VIII was based on the Tudors show as well. 

Asta -- you mentioned CooModel and PopToys. For a while now I have presumed it was an open secret that these were two branches of the same company. With CooModel doing more of the male bodies and figures, and PopToys doing [mostly] the female and some others. At the very least, I presumed they must be working in conjunction somehow. 

I don't even know for sure why I have presumed this, and since I don't pay THAT close attention to product announcements [in terms of which ones come up in relation with each other], I don't think it was because of that, but rather moreso to do with their actual output. But it's interesting you thought the same thing. 

Regardless of *that* specific connection, I do think you are right that many of these seemingly endless array of 1/6 companies are in fact just the same set of companies [or branches/off-shoots thereof] just putting releases out under different names. This is how it's possible for a 'new' company to just pop up with already-established looking products. If that makes sense.  And of course, some of it is also no doubt certain companies nicking each other's designs and essentially making knock-off's of each other's knock-offs.

Yes, while CooModel generally make random knights, Pop Toys comes out with movie and TV versions like Henry V, Elizabeth or Jeanne d'Arc.

The first time I realised it was a thing was way back when I found out that ACI went under different names - 7Toys7, Wild Toys and then Pangaea. It came to light after I bought something on Ebay from 7Toys7, and then had a delivery direct from Bryan at ACI (an extra gladiator greave because he'd promised the production set would come with a pair). Both parcels had exactly the same sender's address. He said something along the lines that they were different divisions working in the same building. At the time I presumed it was just a tax arrangement.

I keep a record of my figures by company name, with notes about any changes or sculpt swaps I've made. I also note the possible alternative company names, though I didn't always note what it was that made me suspicious in the first place.

Asmus - Xensation (this a certainty)

Black Box - TITToys - Toys Era - Toys Works

CooModel - Pop Toys

Redman - Dark Toys

SW Ourworld - Five Star - Nerve Toys - Super Duck

VTS - DAM (VTS officially renamed their military product DAM in August 2011)

It must be the tip of the iceberg as my own figure collection list contains over 50 different company names who produce unlicensed product. There's many more names out there that I haven't bought a figure by.

As you wrote, its unlikely that many of these are new companies that just happened to pop onto the scene.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Thanks for the info, Asta.
I was wondering before about Five Star & Super Duck... i recall they both came out with TV Supergirl almost at the same time with almost identical costumes but different headsculpts.

Skippy

rollotomasi wrote:Thanks for the info, Asta.
I was wondering before about Five Star & Super Duck... i recall they both came out with TV Supergirl almost at the same time with almost identical costumes but different headsculpts.

I didn't know there was a release with different sculpts, but I've seen the identical sets with identical sculpts released under both names.

Something made me suspicious about SW Ourworld's connection, then I realised they even number their figures with the prefix 'FS'.

Five Star Supergirl is FS001, so each 'company' is running their own series of 'FS' numbers.

csyeung

csyeung
This thread took a turn towards some interesting industry information! I am totally intrigued by everyone's observations. Such a great read!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:This thread took a turn towards some interesting industry information! I am totally intrigued by everyone's observations. Such a great read!

Play around in this hobby long enough you pick up tons of information. I know you’ve been a member for awhile, so... belated welcome.

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks! I've been mostly lurking keeping up with the updates to new products which this forum seems to be the best and quickest at!

Matt.s99

Yeah, I’ve definitely heard of SooSoo toys stealing files before.
While I do think that is terrible and shady, at the end of the day they’re all “stealing” something. As a consumer, I’m going to go with the product I personally like the best, regardless of what is said about them.
It is really interesting and kind of entertaining to learn about some of the behind the scenes drama, though 😂

Regarding this Titans Robin, I don’t know exactly which company decided to create this figure first, but SooSoo did actually post about doing him quite a few months ago.
I myself had sent them a bunch of detailed photos of the Robin costume.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Matt.s99 wrote:Yeah, I’ve definitely heard of SooSoo toys stealing files before.
While I do think that is terrible and shady, at the end of the day they’re all “stealing” something. As a consumer, I’m going to go with the product I personally like the best, regardless of what is said about them.
It is really interesting and kind of entertaining to learn about some of the behind the scenes drama, though 😂

Regarding this Titans Robin, I don’t know exactly which company decided to create this figure first, but SooSoo did actually post about doing him quite a few months ago.
I myself had sent them a bunch of detailed photos of the Robin costume.

I’m pretty much in agreement. While it’s a crap move for one bootleg company to steal from another bootleg company, I buy what I like.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum