OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Empty Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Sat May 30, 2020 6:28 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP 49952087323_2e316dbbc3_cGlynnis Penny-Farthing 3 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

I recently received a new head sculpt, Super Duck SDH-018A which is a platinum blonde bob-cut version of the head I use for Laura Neville.  I had originally intended it to use it for Laura's alluded-to sister, but as I tried it out on the  S28A body that I was using for Kamiko's chum Gogo, I realized that the two were a beautiful match and decided to create a new character with it, to wit, Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, explorer.  I don't know if I'll integrate her into my post apocalyptic timeline; I think probably not as there is enough there to create a whole new timeline and background scenario.  Glynnis is British, (or actually English to be more precise) and in this alternate history universe, a retired captain of the British Army, now an explorer engaged in exploring the backwaters of a fictitious continent or subcontinent.  

Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP 49952878722_ed3608eeb3_cGlynnis Penny-Farthing 2 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

As I hinted in the title, this is a work in progress, and she is by no means complete. I fully intend to get a British sun helmet from Tony at Antheads.com and it will almost certainly be a an Indian pattern Sola Topi, just because I like it's line more than the Wolseley pattern.

http://www.antheads.co.uk/catguide/helmets

I will also attempt to use the same method Tony uses to make hats out of felt and try to make an African hunter hat based on the Aussi Bush hat, with maybe a leopard skin band instead of the pugaree. No links here. This used to be online but isn't anymore, but if successful, will post images of the process.

http://www.antheads.co.uk/galguide/imphal1944

I'd love to find a female size khaki military or bush-style shirt to replace the top she's wearing now, which although sexy, does not quite have that retro vibe I'm looking for.  

Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP 49953358521_797dcb6e2c_cCaptain Glynnis Penny-Farthing by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Finally, I'll try to replace the Mauser rifle with a civilian sporting rifle.  I had tried a Lee Enfield with this figure, (she is British after all) but it just didn't look quite so right as the Mauser for some reason.  A scoped hunting rifle would be even better, I think.

Anyway, that's where this project is for now. Feel free to contribute your ideas, thoughts, feelings...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I thought she looked familiar... The head works very well with the body.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:I thought she looked familiar... The head works very well with the body.

I thought so too. It's one of those rare matches of both skin tone and body types that's near perfect.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really cool idea. She reminds me somewhat of a character I started working on back in ‘89 when I was stationed in Germany (I started working on a figure for her about 7 years ago, but it stalled, much like the comic book I wanted to do). I wish I would have seen that link for helmets when I was making Jane, as I like the British helmet styles (though Tarzan’s Jane was an American).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, she is gorgeous! That Super Duck looks so awesome on that curvy body, love it! 

Nice start to this character and figure, and looking forward to seeing how she comes along. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, she is gorgeous! That Super Duck looks so awesome on that curvy body, love it! 

Nice start to this character and figure, and looking forward to seeing how she comes along. Smile

I thought it's a really good marriage of the two and wanted to do something with an outwardly stiff upper-lipped and unflappable English woman, who is at the same time very sexy. I was sort of inspired by TV series of the 60's like Tarzan with Ron Ely, not to mention tons of adventure movies in the Indiana Jones genre. The fun of this character is that I can let go a lot of constraints and have her face off against a tribe of Amazons or walk though a valley where dinosaurs still live.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, she is gorgeous! That Super Duck looks so awesome on that curvy body, love it! 

I thought it's a really good marriage of the two and wanted to do something with an outwardly stiff upper-lipped and unflappable English woman, who is at the same time very sexy.  I was sort of inspired by TV series of the 60's like Tarzan with Ron Ely, not to mention tons of adventure movies in the Indiana Jones genre.  The fun of this character is that I can let go a lot of constraints and have her face off against a tribe of Amazons or walk though a valley where dinosaurs still live.  

How fun is that! Can't wait to see. Very Happy

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

I thought it's a really good marriage of the two and wanted to do something with an outwardly stiff upper-lipped and unflappable English woman, who is at the same time very sexy.  I was sort of inspired by TV series of the 60's like Tarzan with Ron Ely, not to mention tons of adventure movies in the Indiana Jones genre.  The fun of this character is that I can let go a lot of constraints and have her face off against a tribe of Amazons or walk though a valley where dinosaurs still live.  

How fun is that! Can't wait to see. Very Happy

It will be a while before I quite finish her, though that doesn't mean I can't start using her sooner. I do plan to get one of those India pattern sun helmets from Tony at Antheads, and I'll try my hand at making the bush hat before that. The hunting rifle...every now and again one comes up parted on Monkey Depot, so I figure that sooner later I'll get one. It's the right shirt that I just can't seem to find. I would use one like this Magic Cube one I used for Miyori, but you just don't find them anymore.
Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP 49848142586_b20f21df88_c6 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Another that would probably work is one like this green one from one of the ACE Vietnam sets

Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP 49507162541_3b35f792b8_cPost Apocalyptic gas station attendant by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Again, these pop up from time to time on Monkey Depot, so if I'm lucky, I might be able to get one.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Really cool idea. She reminds me somewhat of a character I started working on back in ‘89 when I was stationed in Germany (I started working on a figure for her about 7 years ago, but it stalled, much like the comic book I wanted to do). I wish I would have seen that link for helmets when I was making Jane, as I like the British helmet styles (though Tarzan’s Jane was an American).

Well, at least now you know where you can get them, should you ever take up the project again.

10Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Empty Re: Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Sat May 30, 2020 9:36 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

That is so bizarre. The character I was working on for a comic was meant to be a combination of a female Tarzan/Indiana Jones who ended up in an alternate dimension Earth where time had no meaning, so she could encounter Ancient Romans or Mayans, dinosaurs and Neanderthals, to cowboys and even aliens. I worked out a ton of history for her, but spent so much time researching everything from Archaeology to all the cultures I wanted her to encounter, that when the first Tomb Raider game came out, and it seemed just a bit too close to what I wanted to do, I abandoned the idea (though I still have all the notes, illustrations, etc. that I came up with). It’s one of the strange quirks of humanity, I guess; if you can think of it, someone else can think of it, as well — it’s just a matter of beating someone to the punch. I have the Ron Ely Tarzan series on DVD, but I also have every screen appearance of Tarzan on film with the exception of the Elmo Lincoln silent film. But I also have every book Edgar Rice Burroughs ever wrote — he was a huge influence on the types of stories I wanted to write (him and Robert E. Howard).

11Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Empty Re: Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Sat May 30, 2020 10:04 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That’s very true, Stryker, what you say about people inevitably coming up with the same ideas. I suppose if one is hoping to capitalise on something like that, then ‘being the first’ and/or ‘only’ becomes an important factor, in terms of how current society values such things. In my view, though, I feel that ‘originality’ is a highly overrated concept in modern society, in large part for this very reason — people will always end up with somewhat similar ideas. When it comes to storytelling, it is only fairly recently that ‘originality’ has been valued or seen as necessary. In past times , it was normal or even expected to tell the same or similar stories over and over again — it was *how well* the tale was told (or retold) that was important.

My point is to say, it’s really fascinating how influences, tastes, concepts, etc. all converge like this and end up with people having similar ideas. I feel like instead of being discouraged by this similarity, we should try to Instead focus on telling and/or retelling the stories we feel most moved to tell in the best possible way that we can. The originality (or individuality) will naturally arise in the fact that we each approach and tell said stories differently, no matter how similar the underlying concepts or inspirations may be. :’)

(** I say this as someone who has likewise given up on creative projects in the past when I’ve felt someone else had ‘beaten’ me to it — I’m trying these days to overcome that, though it can be difficult and I don’t always take my own advice. ;p )

12Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Empty Re: Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Sat May 30, 2020 10:48 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

That is so bizarre. The character I was working on for a comic was meant to be a combination of a female Tarzan/Indiana Jones who ended up in an alternate dimension Earth where time had no meaning, so she could encounter Ancient Romans or Mayans, dinosaurs and Neanderthals, to cowboys and even aliens. I worked out a ton of history for her, but spent so much time researching everything from Archaeology to all the cultures I wanted her to encounter, that when the first Tomb Raider game came out, and it seemed just a bit too close to what I wanted to do, I abandoned the idea (though I still have all the notes, illustrations, etc. that I came up with). It’s one of the strange quirks of humanity, I guess; if you can think of it, someone else can think of it, as well — it’s just a matter of beating someone to the punch. I have the Ron Ely Tarzan series on DVD, but I also have every screen appearance of Tarzan on film with the exception of the Elmo Lincoln silent film. But I also have every book Edgar Rice Burroughs ever wrote — he was a huge influence on the types of stories I wanted to write (him and Robert E. Howard).

I'm not sure it's all that bizarre. It's sort of obvious from this and other exchanges that we've seen a lot of the same films, TV series  and so on, some of which have a pretty dedicated following.  The character name for instance is inspired by "Captain Gladys Stoat-Pamhlet" from the Monty Python book-shop sketch.  I came upon the idea of doing a character loosely based on this concept some time ago, and considered three different background possibilities; Steampunk, Pre-WWII (20's-30's) or Mid-Century.  I was sorely tempted towards Steampunk but abandoned the idea when I decided that aside from Tony's Barton's sun helmets and Martini Henry or Lee-Metford rifles, it might be difficult to assemble to costume elements.  I'm also influenced by the trashy pulp novel covers and titles of the mid-century era, so that's where I think this is headed.  

Before Jurassic Park, there was "The Valley of Gwangi,"  "The Land that Time Forgot," and let's not forget the grand daddy of them all; "King Kong." Before Lara Croft came Indiana Jones and before Jones either came Allan Quatermain and "King Solomon's Mines," and all its sequels. Let's not forget "Doc Savage." I think somehow, I also have to include films like "The Naked Prey," "The African Queen," "Young Winston," and "Gunga Din," for good measure.  

Your concept of the alternate dimension Earth where time has no meaning is interesting and reminiscent of William R. Forstchen's "Lost Regiment" series in which a Civil War Regiment loosely based on the 20th Maine is somehow transported to another planet where they encounter human civilizations transported to the same planet over time; the "Rus" or Russians, the "Roum" or Romans, the "Cartha" or Carthaginians and also a very nasty race of 8 foot tall Nomads who actually rule the place and for whom humans are as beef cattle.

13Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Empty Re: Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Sat May 30, 2020 11:02 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:That’s very true, Stryker, what you say about people inevitably coming up with the same ideas. I suppose if one is hoping to capitalise on something like that, then ‘being the first’ and/or ‘only’ becomes an important factor, in terms of how current society values such things. In my view, though, I feel that ‘originality’ is a highly overrated concept in modern society, in large part for this very reason — people will always end up with somewhat similar ideas. When it comes to storytelling, it is only fairly recently that ‘originality’ has been valued or seen as necessary. In past times , it was normal or even expected to tell the same or similar stories over and over again — it was *how well* the tale was told (or retold) that was important.

My point is to say, it’s really fascinating how influences, tastes, concepts, etc. all converge like this and end up with people having similar ideas. I feel like instead of being discouraged by this similarity, we should try to Instead focus on telling and/or retelling the stories we feel most moved to tell in the best possible way that we can. The originality (or individuality) will naturally arise in the fact that we each approach and tell said stories differently, no matter how similar the underlying concepts or inspirations may be. :’)

(** I say this as someone who has likewise given up on creative projects in the past when I’ve felt someone else had ‘beaten’ me to it — I’m trying these days to overcome that, though it can be difficult and I don’t always take my own advice. ;p  )

When I was in photography school, my portfolio adviser who is an established fashion photographer made the point of stating that there isn't much new or original in photography. It's probably the same here. You are into Star Wars...Star Wars has been with us since 1977. I'm into Star Trek; that's been around a bit longer. You can keep cranking out movies and new TV series but the basic concept is decades old in both cases.

14Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Empty Re: Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Sun May 31, 2020 5:27 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:That’s very true, Stryker, what you say about people inevitably coming up with the same ideas. I suppose if one is hoping to capitalise on something like that, then ‘being the first’ and/or ‘only’ becomes an important factor, in terms of how current society values such things. In my view, though, I feel that ‘originality’ is a highly overrated concept in modern society, in large part for this very reason — people will always end up with somewhat similar ideas. When it comes to storytelling, it is only fairly recently that ‘originality’ has been valued or seen as necessary. In past times , it was normal or even expected to tell the same or similar stories over and over again — it was *how well* the tale was told (or retold) that was important.

(** I say this as someone who has likewise given up on creative projects in the past when I’ve felt someone else had ‘beaten’ me to it — I’m trying these days to overcome that, though it can be difficult and I don’t always take my own advice. ;p  )

When I was in photography school, my portfolio adviser who is an established fashion photographer made the point of stating that there isn't much new or original in photography. It's probably the same here. You are into Star Wars...Star Wars has been with us since 1977.  I'm into Star Trek; that's been around a bit longer.  You can keep cranking out movies and new TV series but the basic concept is decades old in both cases.  

Indeed. Just as there are only so many poses, compositions, and types of lighting one can do, there are likewise only so many basic plot structures and types of characters and character-arcs. Which isn't to say we can't combine these in 'new' and interesting and unique ways, but as you note much of it has likely already been done and/or at least thought of at some point. And with both Star Wars and Star Trek, we can undoubtedly trace the influences and inspirations of both of those back even further. 

And with this example, I could potentially see that this kind of female adventurer character would be approached differently by both you and Stryker, however similar certain of her story-elements might be. Because even if you were to have about 99% of the same influences, there's always that one influence or inspiration that would differ. And likewise, you could even have the same exact influences all-around, but still your interpretations and approach to the material would differ due to your own personalities, experiences, and preferences. 

Anyway, I think this is a really cool concept and I didn't even think about Tomb Raider in relation to it at all -- probably because both of your 'versions' sound like they have more of a retro and/or pulpy vibe, and that in and of itself is much more interesting to me already. Wink

15Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Empty Re: Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Sun May 31, 2020 5:53 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

When I was in photography school, my portfolio adviser who is an established fashion photographer made the point of stating that there isn't much new or original in photography. It's probably the same here. You are into Star Wars...Star Wars has been with us since 1977.  I'm into Star Trek; that's been around a bit longer.  You can keep cranking out movies and new TV series but the basic concept is decades old in both cases.  

Indeed. Just as there are only so many poses, compositions, and types of lighting one can do, there are likewise only so many basic plot structures and types of characters and character-arcs. Which isn't to say we can't combine these in 'new' and interesting and unique ways, but as you note much of it has likely already been done and/or at least thought of at some point. And with both Star Wars and Star Trek, we can undoubtedly trace the influences and inspirations of both of those back even further. 

And with this example, I could potentially see that this kind of female adventurer character would be approached differently by both you and Stryker, however similar certain of her story-elements might be. Because even if you were to have about 99% of the same influences, there's always that one influence or inspiration that would differ. And likewise, you could even have the same exact influences all-around, but still your interpretations and approach to the material would differ due to your own personalities, experiences, and preferences. 

Anyway, I think this is a really cool concept and I didn't even think about Tomb Raider in relation to it at all -- probably because both of your 'versions' sound like they have more of a retro and/or pulpy vibe, and that in and of itself is much more interesting to me already. Wink

I agree.  Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, OBE, will have a much more retro bent than Lara Croft, Tomb Raider. Very Happy

Interestingly, one of my followers on Flickr just told me that he too had been contemplating doing a figure in the same vein.

16Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Empty Re: Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Sun May 31, 2020 6:35 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I'm not sure it's all that bizarre. It's sort of obvious from this and other exchanges that we've seen a lot of the same films, TV series  and so on, some of which have a pretty dedicated following.  The character name for instance is inspired by "Captain Gladys Stoat-Pamhlet" from the Monty Python book-shop sketch.  I came upon the idea of doing a character loosely based on this concept some time ago, and considered three different background possibilities; Steampunk, Pre-WWII (20's-30's) or Mid-Century.  I was sorely tempted towards Steampunk but abandoned the idea when I decided that aside from Tony's Barton's sun helmets and Martini Henry or Lee-Metford rifles, it might be difficult to assemble to costume elements.  I'm also influenced by the trashy pulp novel covers and titles of the mid-century era, so that's where I think this is headed.  

Before Jurassic Park, there was "The Valley of Gwangi,"  "The Land that Time Forgot," and let's not forget the grand daddy of them all; "King Kong." Before Lara Croft came Indiana Jones and before Jones either came Allan Quatermain and "King Solomon's Mines," and all its sequels. Let's not forget "Doc Savage."  I think somehow, I also have to include films like "The Naked Prey," "The African Queen," "Young Winston," and "Gunga Din," for good measure.  

Your concept of the alternate dimension Earth where time has no meaning is interesting and reminiscent of William R. Forstchen's "Lost Regiment" series in which a Civil War Regiment loosely based on the 20th Maine is somehow transported to another planet where they encounter human civilizations transported to the same planet over time; the "Rus" or Russians, the "Roum" or Romans, the "Cartha" or Carthaginians and also a very nasty race of 8 foot tall Nomads who actually rule the place and for whom humans are as beef cattle.

Yep. We are definitely “Brothers from Another Mother.” All of those things influence me, as well, though I never read ‘Lost Regiment’.

17Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Empty Re: Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Sun May 31, 2020 8:13 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I'm not sure it's all that bizarre. It's sort of obvious from this and other exchanges that we've seen a lot of the same films, TV series  and so on, some of which have a pretty dedicated following.  The character name for instance is inspired by "Captain Gladys Stoat-Pamhlet" from the Monty Python book-shop sketch.  I came upon the idea of doing a character loosely based on this concept some time ago, and considered three different background possibilities; Steampunk, Pre-WWII (20's-30's) or Mid-Century.  I was sorely tempted towards Steampunk but abandoned the idea when I decided that aside from Tony's Barton's sun helmets and Martini Henry or Lee-Metford rifles, it might be difficult to assemble to costume elements.  I'm also influenced by the trashy pulp novel covers and titles of the mid-century era, so that's where I think this is headed.  

Before Jurassic Park, there was "The Valley of Gwangi,"  "The Land that Time Forgot," and let's not forget the grand daddy of them all; "King Kong." Before Lara Croft came Indiana Jones and before Jones either came Allan Quatermain and "King Solomon's Mines," and all its sequels. Let's not forget "Doc Savage."  I think somehow, I also have to include films like "The Naked Prey," "The African Queen," "Young Winston," and "Gunga Din," for good measure.  

Yep. We are definitely “Brothers from Another Mother.” All of those things influence me, as well, though I never read ‘Lost Regiment’.

Oh! And "Johnny Quest." I'd totally forgotten that one, but it's completely within the concept.

18Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Empty Re: Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Sun May 31, 2020 10:47 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ahh, ‘Jonny Quest’... Probably the best Cold War era cartoon series for kids. About a year ago I rewatched the original series on DVD. Aside from the goofy moments with Bandit, which always kind of took away from the James Bond-ish like elements. It’s still amazing to me how they were able to get away with killing so many bad guys in that show.

19Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Empty Re: Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Sun May 31, 2020 12:09 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Ahh, ‘Jonny Quest’... Probably the best Cold War era cartoon series for kids. About a year ago I rewatched the original series on DVD. Aside from the goofy moments with Bandit, which always kind of took away from the James Bond-ish like elements. It’s still amazing to me how they were able to get away with killing so many bad guys in that show.

It's amazing how violent it was for a kid's show, but back when it was introduced, the standards weren't quite what they are today.  One need only look at a few of these TV commercials from the 60's to remember....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGhYbg3KVu0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEXG_nyZhzc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm7XSJVYRW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RChtvSPoMTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUucZYD7vGI

Is it any wonder our generation is as messed up as it is given the toys we played with?

20Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Empty Re: Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Sun May 31, 2020 12:44 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Ahh, ‘Jonny Quest’... Probably the best Cold War era cartoon series for kids. About a year ago I rewatched the original series on DVD. Aside from the goofy moments with Bandit, which always kind of took away from the James Bond-ish like elements. It’s still amazing to me how they were able to get away with killing so many bad guys in that show.

It's amazing how violent it was for a kid's show, but back when it was introduced, the standards weren't quite what they are today.  One need only look at a few of these TV commercials from the 60's to remember....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGhYbg3KVu0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEXG_nyZhzc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm7XSJVYRW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RChtvSPoMTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUucZYD7vGI

Is it any wonder our generation is as messed up as it is given the toys we played with?

Those are great commercials, and Remco was the bomb (pun intended). I don't know about our generation being screwed up, though...

21Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Empty Re: Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Sun May 31, 2020 6:26 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Looks pretty cool, Valley of the Blondes sounds quite deadly I must say.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP 1f60e

22Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Empty Re: Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Sun May 31, 2020 7:56 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Theboo-bomb wrote:Looks pretty cool, Valley of the Blondes sounds quite deadly I must say.

Not to mention sexy.

23Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Empty Re: Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:48 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Yeah, she looks familiar and new the same time. She can be an extra in your other universe and be her own main protagonist in her own. She will look cool in the hat I am sure. A scarf and a leather jacket might help too.

Good thing you covered the wrists, very important on that body in particular, I think.

24Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Empty Re: Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:06 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Ovy wrote:Yeah, she looks familiar and new the same time. She can be an extra in your other universe and be her own main protagonist in her own. She will look cool in the hat I am sure. A scarf and a leather jacket might help too.

Good thing you covered the wrists, very important on that body in particular, I think.

Yeah, I might use the head as two different characters, just as you suggest as a main protagonist in my Cold War timeline and as a secondary character in Kamiko's timeline. I really like your suggestion of the leather jacket and scarf. I have the scarf already but not the jacket.

I would really like to see a female size khaki bush jacket (aka safari jacket) of the style worn by British and commonwealth officers of the era, not to mention African explorers. I have one, but it's male and too big on any of the female bodies.

25Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Empty Re: Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, a WIP Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:23 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Leather jacket does sound like a great idea, in lieu of the safari jacket. : )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum