OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

V for Vendetta

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1V for Vendetta Empty V for Vendetta Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:51 pm

blackpool

blackpool
I recently treated myself with that very affordable release, the finishing is not fantastic, yet with some work it is a very decent figure of such an epic character I couldn't pass! The main mod I did was trimming the fringe and styling the whole hair, which took me a couple hours. I also added an additional "turtleneck" collar piece made of black cloth as the skin was showing between the mask and the outfit's collar.
The hat also need a bit of padding inside or he sits too low on the forehead, but that's a minor issue.

Overall the figure is still very appealing, some spare gloved hands come handy, a musketeer sword and training chest piece with a grey shirt are included to recreate more sequences of the movie. Daggers and sword are made with diecast metal. In the end the only let down would be the boots that restrict a bit the posability but are easily swappable with some decent leather ones (gonna do that soon)

Hope you'll like!

V for Vendetta Vendet10

2V for Vendetta Empty Re: V for Vendetta Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:53 pm

blackpool

blackpool
"Good evening, London.
Allow me first to apologise for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of everyday routine, the security of the familiar, the tranquillity of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke.
But in the spirit of commemoration, whereupon important events of the past, usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, are celebrated with a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat.

There are, of course, those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression.
And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well, certainly, there are those who are more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable. But again, truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror."

V for Vendetta Vendet12
V for Vendetta Vendet11
V for Vendetta Vendet13

3V for Vendetta Empty Re: V for Vendetta Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
While I don't appreciate the use (or rather misuse) of such sentiments in our present state of mess, the figure is pretty great, your improvements just perfect, and the photography glorious.

4V for Vendetta Empty Re: V for Vendetta Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:52 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic Figure an Scenes. You nailed the Character in the pictures that are exactly the poses the actor did in the movies. Love the effects You made

5V for Vendetta Empty Re: V for Vendetta Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:09 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Completely agree with both of you, totally nailed it. I think the second batch of pics looks even more striking, the red drapery background is beautifully contrasting with the black and white. And this might be one of the few figures that really looks best with synthetic hair.

Weird though how this character was 'claimed' by so many different anti movements. Poor guy would have to fight himself now. xD

6V for Vendetta Empty Re: V for Vendetta Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:17 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking figure!

7V for Vendetta Empty Re: V for Vendetta Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:24 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That first pic is awesome. The improvements made really do the figure justice.

Timing is everything, and while I can separate current events from this movie (which was more like a Rebel fighting back against a Tyrannical/Fascist government) — the current mess is a tragic event that never should have happened being used for political gain.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

V for Vendetta C8485110

8V for Vendetta Empty Re: V for Vendetta Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:54 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Your little changes are great and the broadcast photos look excellent. I personally loved V for Vendetta but that's not surprising knowing my love for dystopian futures though I personally would rather not live in one.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! V for Vendetta 1f60e

9V for Vendetta Empty Re: V for Vendetta Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:32 pm

GregT

loved the film, love the figure.

but as for the present state of affairs, if I may be so bold to paraphrase Capt. Barbossa--
Theboo-bomb wrote: .....knowing my love for dystopian futures though I personally would rather not live in one.

dude, we're in one.

10V for Vendetta Empty Re: V for Vendetta Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:44 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
One of my favorite films, and a legendary character. I look forward to seeing some of your recreated flashy fight scenes from the movie.

11V for Vendetta Empty Re: V for Vendetta Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:42 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Great pics of an awesome figure! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

12V for Vendetta Empty Re: V for Vendetta Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:52 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Great movie and a great figure.

13V for Vendetta Empty Re: V for Vendetta Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:21 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
So killer! Love the comic and the film, and these photos just nail the vibe of both. Seriously, so perfect. The look like freakin stills from the movie. And man, still so much frighteningly relevant about it today.

14V for Vendetta Empty Re: V for Vendetta Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:46 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Good one. I managed to watch V back in 2018. Good movie.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum