OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

not a happy bunny!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1not a happy bunny! Empty not a happy bunny! Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:09 pm

Delanie

Delanie
Sorry folks this is more of a whinge rather than a thread

but I just received the green flirty girl set to go to making my wood elf, picked 'Elle' up to at least put the trousers on and found her elbow has split (S24A pale)

So its cost me to buy an S22A pale and for a tube of glue to see if I can repair her arm I suspect the glue I got from Amazon will not work but the professional glues either cost a fortune on their own or would for a small tube + postage due to them being flammable goods. I talking 1/2 the cost of the new body.

I also have a horrible feeling the S22A will be too big for the set of clothes but it was the only one I could get at short notice from my local uk supplier !

So not having a good day

2not a happy bunny! Empty Re: not a happy bunny! Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:34 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hang in there. I don't know about the fit of the clothing or what kind of glue you got, but at least in theory silicone glue (used in home repairs) ought to work. It does not really cancel out the annoyance, but in my experience such splits (most commonly on the inside of the biceps right under the armpit, for some reason) do not go on enlarging.

3not a happy bunny! Empty Re: not a happy bunny! Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:00 pm

Delanie

Delanie
This split was right across her elbow right on the pointy bit of the joint.

Thing that's annoying is it's the first real damage I've ever had with a TBL figure.

4not a happy bunny! Empty Re: not a happy bunny! Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:11 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Delanie wrote:This split was right across her elbow right on the pointy bit of the joint.

Thing that's annoying is it's the first real damage I've ever had with a TBL figure.

True, but (silver lining) wouldn't it be even worse if you kept having this problem with TBL figures? I've had a couple of splits on the inside of the biceps and a puncture or two on the outsides of elbows, but they haven't gotten larger. As someone who has actually dissected and flayed one of these bodies, I can assure you that they are quite sturdy and the damage is not very likely to continue getting bigger without significant provocation. I don't blame you for being annoyed, I would be too, but this might be as bad as it gets in this particular instance.

5not a happy bunny! Empty Re: not a happy bunny! Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:48 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sorry to hear about your woes, S. What type of glue did you get? Perhaps someone here would know if we knew type you purchased to fix the silicone tear.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

not a happy bunny! C8485110

6not a happy bunny! Empty Re: not a happy bunny! Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:49 pm

Annalise

Annalise
I had an inside elbow tear on my S01 that I resealed with Loctite422 instant adhesive, pretty much their version of superglue. It worked really well, imo. You can see a "scar" but the skin is sealed and hasn't re-split after quite a bit of arm movement.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum