OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Talk about Star Wars!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Talk about Star Wars! Empty Talk about Star Wars! Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:30 pm

MerylAkiba

Since there is no unique folder to talk about Star Wars, and My older lawyer sibling only likes Transformers, and the other older Lawyer sibling likes unique 80's figures (Centurions, Visinoaries, etc), and the other sibling is under orders not to talk about Star Wars/Marvel/Disney, (although, I Perry Mason my way to kind of figure out some stuff) I want to Talk about Star Wars.

The only time I get to have a Star Wars experience was twice a month when I go to Disneyland Galaxy's Edge. Unfortunately those trips ended. I can't believe I haven't went in over 5 months. I remember there were gk Star Wars fans who would go there to cause trouble then get banned from the entire park indefinitely, then get arrested by Anaheim police. Ex: yelling about the price/ taste of a Ronto wrap, Serious collectors ramming wide baby strollers into ankles, etc. I love the acting of the cast characters. If Vi Moradi is running and hiding, you can immediately tell the storm troopers running after her that she went in another direction and they would go in the direction you told them. Great experience!

Cleaning out the office at home today, I wanted to convert my random 1/6 collection into a Star Wars 1/6 figure collection. While cleaning, storing, and throwing old figures, I found the original Star Wars cassette Droid World and Robo Force! It was one of my favorite stories as a kid. Does anyone remember the story? I'm glad someone posted it on youtube

Is it me, or does Leia voice actress sound like Scarlet? That would of been a cool exclusive accessory if Hot Toys Leia Hoth had a Hoojib. Also, Chewbacca is such a BAMF in this story.

1. I also had Planet of the Hoojibs cassette. As a kid, I never knew why, the monster always scared me. Maybe it was the sound it made. Did anyone have the cassettes?

2.  There are alot of Hot Toys Star Wars figures I noticed coming out in November-December: HIM, Mando V.1, IG-11, Incinerator Trooper, Cody, Death, etc. Was there a certain figure you pre-ordered first or did you order all at once?

3.  Are there Star War figures you may not get?

4.  Is there a Star Wars figure you are going to get because of rumors?

I'll answer for number 4. I might get Cody and Rex because of the upcoming Clone Wars spin-off Bad Batch, Experimentive Clone Force 99. If Hot Toys makes the squad, hacker version Echo, Kix, and Jesse then I could have the unit. Maybe I could add the Padme nose art from their drop ship that Anakin request they remove from the deleted scene. All I would need is to make a flat drop ship background.

Forgot to mention: Notice Rex eyes takes a quick peek at the end. Below is the nose art

Talk about Star Wars! 2020.02.28-02.21-boundingintocomics-5e5921e4be44d

For question 2, I ordered a figure based on the time and which one I really wanted, akin to when you are little and your parent said you could get one toy. I also get figures just in case they sellout fast. I got Solo in time before the waitlist, but missed out on deluxe Fett and both Chewbaccas cause I thought the Solo version would be available.

3.  I'll never get a Kylo figure. I might get Rey & D-0 if they have free shipping + % discount and I would convert her to a bounty hunter or b-wing pilot.

2Talk about Star Wars! Empty Re: Talk about Star Wars! Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:56 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m not familiar with the story-books you posted. I sort of lost touch with Star Wars after ROTJ and after I graduated from High School — homelessness, military, etc.. I was super stoked when the first prequel movie was announced, and me and a buddy (another huge SW fan) went and saw TPM on opening weekend. After we left the theatre, I gave him all of my SW memorabilia— as I was, too say the least... disappointed. I was only slightly less disappointed with TFA, and actually enjoyed RO, thought Solo was ... meh, couldn’t even get half way through TLJ, and have no plans to watch TROS. I never got into any of the animated shows, and watched The Mandalorian only once. There are plenty of SW characters I have no interest in, and there are some that I would buy if they ever get made (ESB Lando, and maybe another Han Solo or Chewbacca — if Han actually looked like HF, and Chewie was vastly improved). Even though I haven’t watched the animated stuff, or read any of the comics outside of the OT, nor any of the EU books, I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase an Asajj Ventress or Darth Talon (just because they look cool). I do have a Rey figure, but like you, I plan to modify her into something else. I would get any Jabba’s palace goons if they were at reasonable prices, but I’d really like someone to tackle Oola.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Talk about Star Wars! C8485110

3Talk about Star Wars! Empty Re: Talk about Star Wars! Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:45 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Talk about Star Wars! Star_Wars_Mini_Collection_01

My admittedly somewhat small Star Wars collection.

Medicom - RAH Stormtrooper 11.1/2 inches tall (figure)
Kenner - Bossk 10cm (figure)
Sideshow - R2-D2 Deluxe
Hot Toys - Princess Leia - Hoth (figure)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

4Talk about Star Wars! Empty Re: Talk about Star Wars! Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:38 am

MerylAkiba

Stryker2011, but you are missing out on some good stories. CW had a seven samurai inspired story. There was a cool bounty hunter in Resistance. Did you watch the documentary on the filming of Mandalorian? It is really good. It shows how Jon Favereau started with the Jungle Book, then Lion King, in how they advanced in green screen filming and lighting to make the LED light room for Mandalorian. I wish they had this technology for 1/6 displays. Then there could be multiple backgrounds: imagine one minute on Endor, then inside the Death Star, then dueling on Mustafar.

I watched SWTROS, but I consider it funny, like MST3K or RiffTrax. I kept snickering and laughing at really bad scenes. People kept shushing me during the first 20 minutes. Then I started hearing laughter.

The sideshow Ventress is pretty good. I got the standard one. The head is made of a softer plastic, which makes applying color pencils easier. Darth Malgus is also a good figure from the SWTOR. Unfortunately he is not a follower but a NPC that gives quest for your Sith inquisitor character. I want to play Fallen Order.

Ukshaun, how did you get your R2-D2 to have lower wheels? Mine keeps rolling off the shelf and dived off. Now my R2 has a paint scratch which it is hard to match silver and the spring mechanism to launch Luke's lightsaber is now not functional. Your Leia looks perfect. My Leia has a cream color to her vest. I got both at the Disneyland Launch Bay. Are their variants?

Talk about Star Wars! Img_4810

5Talk about Star Wars! Empty Re: Talk about Star Wars! Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:02 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Most of this stuff is over my head; perhaps I'm just too old and grumpy and stuck in the Original Trilogy. Smile HT's production values remain high despite some unwise decisions when it comes to articulation or functionality (in some cases). But between the influx of non-OT stuff and the recycling of parts or entirety of sets while pushing prices up and up, it is difficult to me to get very excited. I got some Leia Endor parts, and don't know when I'll be getting anything else.

ukshawn -- nice little display; I'm impressed by the Medicom RAH stormtrooper, I don't think I ever had one of these. It looks to be in great shape.

6Talk about Star Wars! Empty Re: Talk about Star Wars! Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:05 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Howdy, love Your new Avatar and I watched the clips on Youtube. Great Artwork in the paintings too.
When I was a child we traveled to USA, and I got this BK Mug. Now it has to be 40 Years old. I thought " Holy Cow ! It must be 1000 $ worth now." I googled it and You can get it for 20 $ Laughing But come on, it´s my treasure, doesn´t matter how much worth it is Wink And sorry Guys, You need strong nerves. Gungans and Ewoks in one picture is really hard  Laughing

Talk about Star Wars! 00110

7Talk about Star Wars! Empty Re: Talk about Star Wars! Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:28 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
I like some generic threads about sciFi or Fantasy related stuff. Star Wars got released before I was born, but I still have some nice memories of my childhood in the 80s -> There were some giant paper containers in my village and I jumped into them to collect interesting stamps or other stuff. One day, somebody threw in a complete Star Wars booklet with stickers from Star Wars. I did not know the movies but it had a good impression with me back then.

My 2 years older neighbor had some VHS cassettes with Star Wars and this was the first time  I watched it and got hooked. I especially remember the "Force" scenes where Luke got his Lightsabre back in hand or Darth Vader killing people without touching.

I think the prequels are quiet okay, I actually liked the political themes instead of just space adventures.
The new triology is kinda bland, I watched them all because hey, there aren't too many Space Fantasy movies around and I rather like new movies then no movies of the str wars universe at all.
Rogue One is probably my favourite SW movies of all time, (ok maybe just a bit below ESB)

As for the figures:
I only have 6" Star Wars figures at home and I preordered Mando, because he looks cool af (same with Boba actually) and I thought the series was nice.

I thought about getting some characters like Rey or old Luke because of the outfits but nah, too many figures at home already and don't want to jump into SW now. (And I bought the Luke outfit seperatley for another project) If I get bored or find money and space, I might be tempted to get some iconic chars like Vader, Han and Luke for display.

8Talk about Star Wars! Empty Re: Talk about Star Wars! Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:57 pm

MerylAkiba

Ephiane, I don't remember the mug, but I think I have the thermos style Ewok. In Orange County, around Anaheim, there are places that buy and sell antique comic memorabilia. They're might be a guy out there who would buy that mug for a high price to be a completionist. Your glass still has the 1983 markings

Valiarde, you jumped into containers and found Star Wars stuff? Here you have to have a permit to do that. I mostly got toys and activity book stuff at the indoor swap meet cause it was safer. Also, which Mando version did you get?

I use to collect the 3.75 star wars figures that came out around 2011-2014ish, then they stop doing articulation for some reason. Then called it vintage and went from 7.99 to 12.99?

I was starting to make a Punisher, but seeing how the combo of adding SS CIA v.2 gear along with Disney 12" Vader shin guards, I might convert it to a Star Wars mercenary or bounty hunter? I had to sand the gloss down from the Vader armor with a very fine hobby nail file as to not lose the detail. The HT head socket was a pain since it wont fit on a tbl

Talk about Star Wars! Img_4811

9Talk about Star Wars! Empty Re: Talk about Star Wars! Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:47 am

MerylAkiba

Talk about Star Wars! Img_4910

Is there a guide to fix sideshow head sculpts? The head is not that bad. I had the Leia one and when I removed all the paint, the head was cast in clear plastic. i didn't know how to repaint it so i threw it away. Also does anyone know how to remove the suit without cutting the zipper?

Talk about Star Wars! Img_4911

Looking up on repairs on putting this together (I think I originally wanted to customize this figure but forgot I had it and put the project aside), I did not know both 1:6 Padme and Ventress were based on the 2003 animated Clone Wars mini series due to the cartoon photos from the back of the box. I thought Padme was based on concept art and Ventress was from the 3d Clone Wars 2008

I bought the ArcherFine eye decals but forgot to get decal set and solution, which I can't get because all hobby places are in quarantine. I broke the zipper on the back and I can't remove the outfit from this floppy joint body.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum