OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
A legendary Jedi Master™, Obi-Wan Kenobi was a noble man and gifted in the ways of the Force. He served as a general in the Republic Army during the Clone Wars, having many adventures with Anakin Skywalker™ and many other friends and companions.

Celebrating the 20th anniversary of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Hot Toys is excited to officially introduce the highly-anticipated 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi collectible figure!

The amazingly crafted collectible figure features a newly developed head sculpt with striking likeness and rolling eyeball function allowing positionable eye line, masterfully made Jedi outfit and armor parts, LED light-up lightsaber powered by USB, an interchangeable Clone Trooper helmet, an attachable cape, a hologram figure of Anakin Skywalker and holocaster, also a display stand!

This is simply an incredible Obi-Wan collectible figure for any Star Wars fans!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODETMS095
PRODUCT NAMEOBI-WAN KENOBI™
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 30.5 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY PAINTED HEAD SCULPT WITH SEPARATE ROLLING EYEBALL FUNCTION; HIGHLY-ACCURATE FACIAL EXPRESSION WITH DETAILED WRINKLES, BEARD, AND SKIN TEXTURE
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q1 – Q2, 2024
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Newly painted head sculpt with separate rolling eyeball function
- Highly-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles, beard, and skin texture
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 30.5 cm tall
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of hands for holding lightsaber
- One (1) gesture left hand
- One (1) binoculars holding right hand
- One (1) relaxed left hand
- One (1) open left hand
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) brown colored cape
- One (1) white colored chest guard
- One (1) pair of white colored shoulder guards
- One (1) beige colored tunic
- One (1) black colored under-tunic
- One (1) dark brown-colored leather-like belt
- One (1) pair of white-colored boots

Weapons:
- One (1) LED-lighted blue lightsaber (blue light, power operated)
- One (1) blue lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)
- One (1) lightsaber hilt

Accessories:
- One (1) Clone Trooper helmet
- One (1) hologram figure of Anakin Skywalker
- One (1) holocaster
- One (1) pair of binoculars
- Specially designed figure stand with Star Wars logo and character nameplate

Release date: Approximately Q1 – Q2, 2024

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Light up function operated using USB power
***USB-C adaptor is included
****USB connecting cable is not included for collectible, USB-C cable is required
*****Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2023 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11887
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 21250
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3845
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4760
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5688
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6646
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7619
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8590
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9570
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10545
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11888
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12498
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13471
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14442
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15413
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16382
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 17348
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 18316
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 19277
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 20230
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 21251
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 22216

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #TheCloneWars #Obi-WanKenobi #male #movie #Sci-Fi

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Omg yess! Instant pre-order for me!

Am I seeing things or does it look like they did a totally new sculpt for this one?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:Omg yess! Instant pre-order for me!

drunken what a wave of chars lately. Month of nothingness and then all at once  Smile

Looks very good, I like this head better than the other version from the Obi-Wan series.

Edit: Like Diana, I have no connection to the CW series so also easy pass for me, but I still want a well done Obi Wan one day.

Diana

Diana
That sculpt certainly looks new to me and it looks great! Great figure overall! Luckily I have no connection to the Close Wars stuff so my bank account breathes a sigh of relief.

I definitely prefer the look of the other Obi Wan figure, but that sculpt was a deal breaker. Too clean.

Funny how passing on one figure can make you think that it is then okay to buy another that you were on the fence about... "I hear you, Mace, I hear you! Give me more time..."

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm probably in the minority in that I actually prefer the RotS headsculpt to this one. The problem is that , to my eyes, this new one looks more like older Ewan than the younger version. Hot Toys has a tendency to do that, unfortunately (make the characters look more like the actors do currently than they did in the film). Also, I am not keen on the moveable eyes. So idk, I might end up swapping THIS head as well, eventually. We'll see. ;p

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:I'm probably in the minority in that I actually prefer the RotS headsculpt to this one. The problem is that , to my eyes, this new one looks more like older Ewan than the younger version. Hot Toys has a tendency to do that, unfortunately (make the characters look more like the actors do currently than they did in the film). Also, I am not keen on the moveable eyes. So idk, I might end up swapping THIS head as well, eventually. We'll see. ;p
For the record: I was referring to the recent "Obi Wan Kenobi" series based offering.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Diana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:I'm probably in the minority in that I actually prefer the RotS headsculpt to this one. The problem is that , to my eyes, this new one looks more like older Ewan than the younger version. Hot Toys has a tendency to do that, unfortunately (make the characters look more like the actors do currently than they did in the film). Also, I am not keen on the moveable eyes. So idk, I might end up swapping THIS head as well, eventually. We'll see. ;p
For the record: I was referring to the recent "Obi Wan Kenobi" series based offering.
Same  Razz

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh ok, I didn't even look at that one since I ignore the Disney content. Razz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I hope you’re getting this, S. I’ll be massively disappointed in you if you don’t. Wink

I may be the only one that’s having difficulty in seeing Ewan in any of the sculpts Ht have done thus far. And I’m still not sold on the open mouth thing.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker -- I'm intending on getting it, I'm just not feeling this new headsculpt that much if I am being brutally honest. But that's never stopped me getting a figure before, lol. I'm happy to swap it out for something I like better. ; )

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
An excellent set, with so much attention to detail. Like Sky and Mark, I'm not really sold on the head sculpt. It doesn't look quite like a younger Obi-Wan to me (and I can't put my finger on exactly why), although I realize it might (might!) be based on his new appearance in the Disney Series (whether because he appears like this or because they used his physical look from it as reference). I prefer the previous HT head, but for all I know, Ewen McGregor really looks closer to this now.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think it's at least partly the hairstyle -- it seems to be too 'flat' on top, and his beard/mustache is also too short or sparse. I am comparing to both the RotS film look *and* the Clone Wars animated look when I say that, as well.

Obi-Wan's hair throughout RotS:

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Tumblr_nzfm6agtw41ulrd1ko1_400

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Tumblr_nzfm6agtw41ulrd1ko5_400

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Tumblr_nzfm6agtw41ulrd1ko6_400

Comparison between RotS and TCW animated scenes:

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Tumblr_nmgw6210EY1tiwa1fo1_500

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Tumblr_nmgw6210EY1tiwa1fo2_500

Since this is supposed to be Clone Wars Obi-Wan, the hair and beard should both have a little more 'volume', imo.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Perhaps. It is growing on me, but I'm not going to bite.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The headsculpt is not bad by any means, but I'm an uber-fan, so I'm going to be extremely nitpicky about this stuff. Razz

My biggest complaint is the moveable eyes. I'm perhaps in the minority but I greatly dislike this current Hot Toys trend. :/

Valiarde

Valiarde
Why is that, can you elaborate a bit? Just curious
Does it take aways from the perfection of a well done painted face? I know some older PERS techniques had problems looking not real enough. The eyes were either too big or there was kinda a "gap" between they eyelids and the eyeballs or at least the it wasn't quiet "seamless" and could throw one off.

I think most of these newer HS with PERS look no different than painted eyes with the added feature for posing and story telling. Idea

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:Why is that, can you elaborate a bit? Just curious
Does it take aways from the perfection of a well done painted face? I know some older PERS techniques had problems looking not real enough. The eyes were either too big or there was kinda a "gap" between they eyelids and the eyeballs or at least the it wasn't quiet "seamless" and could throw one off.

I think most of these newer HS with PERS look no different than painted eyes with the added feature for posing and story telling. Idea

The problem is that I can still *tell* they are moveable eyes, and it gives the headsculpt an uncanny valley look. (*edted to add: I don't know if the Clone Wars Ahsoka figure was a newer or older version, but to me her eyes looked uncanny valley, I really didn't like it. One of the many reasons i didn't get that figure.) And yes, it does take away from the artistry of the sculpting and painting of the face.

Also, I don't *like* the ability to move the eyes, as it creates too much variability and worry when photographing. You have to keep wondering 'are the eyes looking in the right direction, do I have to adjust them again?'. For me, this is too stressful,  I'm perfectly content with just moving the head to make poses.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thank you for explaining, not going to argue here as everyone has their personal preferences and if it is stressful it is stressful, no questions asked. Smile

Lets see where the future is heading though, as InArt does use moveable eyes on everything now - could make HT reconsider and taking a similar route...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:Thank you for explaining, not going to argue here as everyone has their personal preferences and if it is stressful it is stressful, no questions asked.  Smile

Lets see where the future is heading though, as InArt does use moveable eyes on everything now - could make HT reconsider and taking a similar route...

Yes, it's totally just personal preference, I'm not claiming I'm 'right' or anything.

The problem is that I already find posing figures to be very stressful as it is. Adding yet another 'moving element' is just more (to me) unncessary stress.

It probably sounds sad to say this, but I do approach my figures almost more like beautiful statues that I just like to get 'perfect' and then leave them as they are. I don't pose them much. I am hoping to change this soon once I finally get some backdrops and dioramas finished, but thus far I don't have much posing experience and find it very intimidating.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I think you are correct, S. Once you start getting into dioramas and storytelling, and you pose your figures more and more, you’ll get used to it to the point where it won’t stress you as much. The first few times you pose these things can be a bit nerve racking as some of them have such weird joints that it can freak one out to think they could break. Once the bodies movements and limitations are figured out, it becomes less problematic. I actually love the PERS on the Clone Wars Ahsoka as it actually helps to rid the “deer in the headlights” stare that these things normally have. I think many figures could benefit from the PERS system; I certainly feel that way about the recent Bo-Katan that I just got. It’s a nice sculpt, but it lacks something… And don’t get me started on the crappy body HT used for her (sucky ratchet system and the joints are so tight, and not double jointed, so she is very limited in what can be done; it’s the same garbage body they used for the Mandalorian Armourer).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ OBI-WAN KENOBI™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I guess the eyes thing might just take some getting used to, but I just personally still don't like the idea of it. While it's true that a lot of factory made heads can have blank looking eye expressions, a skilled painter can give eyes a lot of expression without needing to move them. Maybe I'm just stubborn but I am honestly totally fine with static eyes. /shrug

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum