OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shanghai Police raid suspected toy counterfeiters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gooboo

Saw this news on the Chinese forum, thought people here might be interested.

http://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=365512&extra=page%3D1

English language news- https://www.shine.cn/news/metro/2009035387/

On the Chinese forum they show pictures of Iron Man and Darth Maul figures that were seized by the police. Although it sounds like a big bust by the police, I wonder how large these counterfeiters actually were in the grand scheme of Chinese toy knock-offs. I remember reading somewhere that it's suspected a lot of these smaller Chinese toy brands are owned by just a few bigger companies, although I have no idea how true that is.

I don't think I've ever been burned by "counterfeits" yet. I put counterfeits in quotes because there are definitely Chinese companies creating unlicensed work, but they seem like "official" counterfeits as opposed to cheap ones made somewhere else. I don't really have any interest in popular movie/tv characters anyways, and I don't think anyone (except maybe Jiaou) has even figured out how to counterfeit Phicen figures yet, so this hasn't affect me personally yet. Has anyone here been burned by an obvious counterfeit figure?

Nekk-ra

I have two "knock-offs" in my collection, but I knew they were when I bought them. I have the not-adult Groo, which is actually a really well done figure for a clone. I also have the HC toys "The Predator" Predator, which is admittedly low quality in terms of plastic durability, but looks good from a distance and adds variety to the Predator line-up with it's more Sci-Fi type armor.

MerylAkiba

So they were selling the KO as genuine authentic original instead of using the KO logo. They had $59 million worth of fakes which they were selling as the original? Since Maul is sold out, I can see them passing that one off. But if they are sold out in the U.S., do they have an American store or couterpart that is researching the 1/6 market to scam?  Lil Tommy Hiddle, help me emote:

Shanghai Police raid suspected toy counterfeiters 919d84730b19160ceeb319b82350d2d7

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum